Help w/ ranking based on job opportunites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mr.bubbles

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have narrowed it down to my top two programs. The deciding factor has come down to job opportunities post-residency. I want to work in the DC/MD/VA area which is a pretty competitive market IMO. When residents hit the job market, does it matter if you went to a program with a big name tied to it? Or do directors look for quality pharmacists even from the smaller/less notable programs? Which one do you think carries more weight?

Below I have brief descriptions to help:

Program A - In a more rural setting with close affiliation to a SOP. Well organized program with very strong pharmacists in their respective specialties. I do have a past with this program so I am very confident, knowledge wise these guys will give me the best foundation. Only issue is they are far from where I would like to work in the future so their name may not ring a bell.

Program B - In a metropolitan city very close to the area that I would like to work. Their program is also well organized and has a good affiliation with a SOP as well. However, I am under the impression they recently had some turnover(due to life events) with couple of their preceptors.

Thank You!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: