Help: Trouble finding DO to shadow in NYC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gutsy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am having a difficult time finding a DO to shadow in NYC. I'd be grateful to receive any tips on where to look. Also, does DO school require a letter of recommendation from a DO? I won't have much time to shadow as I'm working a full-time job and the Committee Letter from my school is due on May 15th so I need to have all my letters in by then.

Thank you all for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

I just googled DO doctors and emailed a bunch until I got a response

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Take the 4,5 or 6 train ( or is it the 2 or 3 trains?) up to Harlem and visit Touro-NY. Seek out their DO faculty and chat them yup.

Hello everyone!

I am having a difficult time finding a DO to shadow in NYC. I'd be grateful to receive any tips on where to look. Also, does DO school require a letter of recommendation from a DO? I won't have much time to shadow as I'm working a full-time job and the Committee Letter from my school is due on May 15th so I need to have all my letters in by then.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone!

DO letter not required but strongly recommended. Would concur with Goro's and previous users posts; email a few of Touro NY faculty and see if they'd let you shadow.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah i shadowed a touro professor. He was an excellent doctor and a great guy too. Wrote me a letter

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah i shadowed a touro professor. He was an excellent doctor and a great guy too. Wrote me a letter
Good to know! If you don't mind me asking, how long did you shadow the professor for? I have to submit all the letters to my prehealth office by May 15th... I wasn't sure if it's enough time to get everything together and I don't think I'll be able to shadow him/her as much since I also work a full-time job. Thanks for your help!

Good to know! If you don't mind me asking, how long did you shadow the professor for? I have to submit all the letters to my prehealth office by May 15th... I wasn't sure if it's enough time to get everything together and I don't think I'll be able to shadow him/her as much since I also work a full-time job. Thanks for your help!

I was kinda scrapped for time so i think i did once a week (all day) for 2 months before asking

I was kinda scrapped for time so i think i did once a week (all day) for 2 months before asking
Oh wow! I see. Good to know. I'm super scrapped for time too so need to figure all this out. Oyyy. Thanks again!

If you don't mind me asking, can you message me the name of the Touro Professor? Thank you!

Take the 4,5 or 6 train ( or is it the 2 or 3 trains?) up to Harlem and visit Touro-NY. Seek out their DO faculty and chat them yup.

Goro how the hell are you on probation?

Anyway, it's the 2/3 train, or the ABCD line to 125th street. Touro is halfway between the 2.