help regarding Fpgec and naplex

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

obe1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey friends,
I got the pharmacy certification FPGEC recently and I am wondering what is the next step. I am a NYC resident and I heard that we can do the NAPLEX here before the internship. is this true?

Also, can we transfer the NAPLEX score to different state to complete the internship hours ( or we have to finish the whole process in nyc first).

thanks in advance,

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure about NYC but I'm in TN and they told me that I can finish my internship hours anytime during the process so it is ok to take Naplex before the internship.
But I know that it is ok to transfer your Naplex score among states when u pass
you may check with your state board to give you the most updated info

And congrats on your FPGEC success =)

thank you alnuaime. getting nyc license does not seem to be easy ... they have extra exam and require more documents directly from the pharmacy school in my country. so I am trying to see other possible options.
did you pass the naplex?

thank you alnuaime. getting nyc license does not seem to be easy ... they have extra exam and require more documents directly from the pharmacy school in my country. so I am trying to see other possible options.
did you pass the naplex?

I totally understand you, and I think is one of the states which has job saturation right? I might be wrong !

I have not, I took it a couple of weeks ago and I did not pass so started studying again. What about u?

Sorry for the delay I just saw your comment

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I think you are right regarding saturation.. some pharmacists who work in independent pharmacies get paid 40-45 $ / hour only.
I am sorry to hear that I hope you pass next time.
I am waiting for the certificate to apply for the naplex, and now collecting materials. I started with the CPR review practice tests and cases and I dont know if it is good for NAPLEX.

This is crazy!
Thank you, I tried to get over it and start again.
so are u planning for a specific month? I'm getting new material too, I can share with u my info if u'd like .

I did not decide yet .. getting approval to take the naplex will take few weeks I think.

yes sure, pm me