This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Charankrazy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, Good day to everyone reading this thread. I finished my B.D.S degree and planning got doing DDS. Right at my first step, how do I proceed being an international student seeking admission.? I need part 1 flash cards and books for my preparation. If anyone interested to sell please do inform down in comments. Any information regarding the formalities for admission or preparation would really help in a big way towards shaping my career.
THANKS in advance. Take care friends.

Members don't see this ad.

First go to ada website get a dental pin
after this there i a form in website which has a list of subjects , u need to get your dean to sign the form n then u need to send it ti JCNDE- this is an eligibility form once they receive it they will send you a mail stating that u r eligible for part 1 NBDE exam
then you pay for ur exam and same time apply for US visa
once you have that give the exam n clear it
after this u need to send another eligibility form for part 2 similar to the one u would have sent for part 1
once you get eligibility mail pay for part 2 take the exam n pass it
then once you finish this get your credential evaluated by ECE ( You can do that simultaneously as well
when you are in USA try to shadow a few dentist there so that you can get letter of recommendations from them on a later date
after this take your TOEFL exam get atleast 100 on it
Then when cycle starts in march you apply to colleges via CAAPID
for books n decks u can order formUSA or try E bay in your country they are usually available.

From the above just want to correct that since you are no longer a student you need evaluation first. Ada will decide if you are eligible to take board exams.
Frankly first thing you need to do is determine how you are going to pay for your education. Average COA now is about 250K. Are you eligible for federal student loans or able to get other loans?
Secondly, you need to understand that this process may take awhile, because competition among Indian dentists is even higher. Dental schools create diverse groups in their IDPs and can't admit only Indians even if they have the best stats
Third, you need to know if you are even able to get visitor visa. It may not be easy to get one if you are a single person with no ties to your home country
So, there is a lot to consider before jumping into evaluations and exams

From the above just want to correct that since you are no longer a student you need evaluation first. Ada will decide if you are eligible to take board exams.
Frankly first thing you need to do is determine how you are going to pay for your education. Average COA now is about 250K. Are you eligible for federal student loans or able to get other loans?
Secondly, you need to understand that this process may take awhile, because competition among Indian dentists is even higher. Dental schools create diverse groups in their IDPs and can't admit only Indians even if they have the best stats
Third, you need to know if you are even able to get visitor visa. It may not be easy to get one if you are a single person with no ties to your home country
So, there is a lot to consider before jumping into evaluations and exams[/QUOT
So, there is a lot to consider before jumping into evaluations and exams
I started the process when i was in my internship so had to go through this !!! so as oralcare123 says I think you should first figure out all the points and then make a decision.