HELP, Idk what to do!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mariposas905

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My MCAT is scheduled for June 1st and I just took AAMC FL 2 and scored 509. On AAMC FL 1, I scored 510. I was originally hoping for a 515 but it looks like that it difficult to get now :(

1. Should I go ahead and take the June 1st test after more review and hope that being early may slightly help the average score?

2. Should I cancel my exam (with no refund) and postpone to June 17th and still be on time? (but honestly, will two extra weeks change my score any? is it worth losing $790 - $480 for this test plus $310 for the new exam)

3. Should I take the exam, keep studying (this time focusing exclusively on practice), and retake late July in case my score is low?

Last day to cancel is today, so I really REALLY need some advice!!!

FYI - in case its important, I'm a VA resident with GPA = 3.8 and I have good LORs, service, clinical, research experience.

Members don't see this ad.

Since you can't get a refund, I would suggest you take the test and just void it at the end just for the sake of practice.

Since you can't get a refund, I would suggest you take the test and just void it at the end just for the sake of practice.

I can't void it, I have limited attempts left this year. So, I basically have to take it and score it.

Take it and score it. If it comes back too low, take some time off and take it early next year. But your practices are more than fine for an acceptance as is, so have confidence. My score went up >5 from my last practice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Take it and score it. If it comes back too low, take some time off and take it early next year. But your practices are more than fine for an acceptance as is, so have confidence. My score went up >5 from my last practice.

For an MD acceptance? And also, I have to apply this year, I can't wait another cycle (I've already waited so long with multiple gap years). I don't have any support left for me to wait another cycle, so I'm going too apply no matter what and try my best.

For an MD acceptance? And also, I have to apply this year, I can't wait another cycle (I've already waited so long with multiple gap years). I don't have any support left for me to wait another cycle, so I'm going too apply no matter what and try my best.
I think those are good practice test scores. Why do you feel panicky?

Status
Not open for further replies.