Help: Canadian considering US med, advice? What schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sswxqw

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going into fourth year undergrad and just starting to think about applying to an US medical school. Hoping to get some advice !

Other than the medical school applications, what other documents would I have to do? Ex. Visa?

Out of the list of schools that accept Canadians, which schools would suite my stats?
My cGPA is 3.8 with average EC, one summer of research, honor thesis, a few shadow/clinical experience. I haven't done the MCAT yet but I'm expecting an 80-90 percentile score with a weaker CARS section. (Unbalanced MCAT score is a worry of mine)

Anyone have schools to recommend and why? I'm not familiar with US med schools so really hoping to get some direction on how to find suitable and good quality schools.

Thanks lots!

Members don't see this ad.

Get your $$$ ready. That's really the #1 thing if you're looking at the US

Reactions: 1 user
I'm in the same boat here. Money really would be the only thing holding me back from applying to the US.

I'll apply to every Canadian school I can, and in the case, I don't get accepted the first cycle, I'll look towards American MD schools. (Possibly Some higher tier D.O as well)

In terms of your GPA, I think you'll definitely get a healthy amount of interviews, so really money is your only concern here. Just do your research on American Schools and see if you fall in love with any of em enough to apply. Cheers.