Help: Accept UCC or wait for others?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jfdksaklfjsdkl

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I got accepted to UCC's 5-year program, but still waiting to hear back from UCD and RCSI.
Should I accept UCC or do you think I will still have time to wait for the others.

Also, for anyone who knows how does UCC fair in helping IMG prep?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Not quite as good as RCSI from what I hear, but you're still getting a top notch medical education (it's a good school) and can study on your own. I do believe that they extend acceptances based upon what other schools are doing... that's not to say that on the rare occasion one could receive multiple offers. I know RCSI as handed out some acceptances and denials already, but wait, if you have the time.

~Mnski~

Hey guys,

I got accepted to UCC's 5-year program, but still waiting to hear back from UCD and RCSI.
Should I accept UCC or do you think I will still have time to wait for the others.

Also, for anyone who knows how does UCC fair in helping IMG prep?

Thanks!
Hey, just wondering if you accepted it or not. I got in to ucc as well but haven't heard back from rcsi or ucd yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I understand, Irish schools coordinate acceptances (to a certain extend). So it is likely that you won't hear from the others either way until the due date for your response to UCC has passed. If I were you I would start preparing everything to accept the UCC offer, and you never know, you might hear back from another school during those few days. Congrats on your offer! (NB: I received a rejection from UCC about a week or so after I accepted my TCD offer)

Reactions: 1 user
From what I understand, Irish schools coordinate acceptances (to a certain extend). So it is likely that you won't hear from the others either way until the due date for your response to UCC has passed. If I were you I would start preparing everything to accept the UCC offer, and you never know, you might hear back from another school during those few days. Congrats on your offer! (NB: I received a rejection from UCC about a week or so after I accepted my TCD offer)
Forgot to hit reply, see above
Right that makes sense. I guess I am just gonna have to give up on rcsi and ucd. Trinity is so exiting though, congratulations and good luck! And thank you so much, I did accept my offer to ucc and am looking forward to it.

Reactions: 1 users
Right that makes sense. I guess I am just gonna have to give up on rcsi and ucd. Trinity is so exiting though, congratulations and good luck! And thank you so much, I did accept my offer to ucc and am looking forward to it.
Congratulations! I'm sure you're going to have a great experience. Best of luck to you!