Help about GPR/AEGD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iBT

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,
Any advice or input will be appreciated please be generous and thanks in advance , I graduated 1995 from a dentistry school in the middle east (5 years), I immigrated to Canada 2004 with 9 years of practice, and I have a Canadian permanent resident, and in 30 days I will apply for citizenship to get the nationality in 9 months. I have learned English and took NBDE 1 new format and got 84.and TOEFL iBT 99. some told me to apply for GPR/AEGD others advised me retaking NBDE1 or taking NBDE 2. and really I lack the knowledge about the system in USA. so what do you guys say about that? do I meet GPR/ AEGD that I PREFER if it possible with my NBDE1 result, or retake it and then go to part tow???????:idea:????
please guys a word from you could help me to straighten my life after four years of disappointment in Canada.
thnks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there.

Well, first of all, you would get much more relevant responses if you try and re-post your question on the international threads (here).

But, let me save you the trouble by saying that getting into an AEGD or GPR as a foreign graduate and a foreign national is near impossible. I know a couple of people who slipped through the cracks and got in, but believe me, it is not even worth trying (chances are that slim).
If your ultimate goal is to get into an advanced standing program in the US or CANADA, I would definitely retake your part I, and try gain some clinical exposure in either country.

You will also need to get an ECE course by course evaluation if you have not done so already.

To re-cap: ECE, retake part I (need 90%+), get a dental assisting/research/teaching job in the meantime.

Good Luck.

Thanks and appreciate your comment and I think I agree I have to take NBDE 1 again and you confirmed that thanks.

The program in San Antonio has had a number of very outstanding Canadian residents over the last 7 years. They have also taken a number of Saudi residents, sponsored by Aramco, during that time as well. You might want to try there--it is the UT Health Science Ctr. Program