Health care for women is free in USA, is this true

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joedale

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My name is Joe Dale. Am in doubt or have a question. I just read health care for women is free in USA, is this true? If it's free for women then how come it isn't free for men?? Aren't men just important as women??

Members don't see this ad.

My name is Joe Dale. Am in doubt or have a question. I just read health care for women is free in USA, is this true? If it's free for women then how come it isn't free for men?? Aren't men just important as women??

Where the heck did you read this? No, this is NOT true.

Reactions: 1 users
If you're on your parents plan then yes. :lol:

To be serious though, no. There are programs for low income people, but they are paid for by tax dollars so essentially they're not really "free".

Members don't see this ad :)
Ummmmm... no. Healthcare is NOT free for women.

The only reason I can think of somebody saying that is because if you work at a company with a healthcare plan for employees then your spouse is usually covered, so maybe because more men are working with stay-at-home wives than the other way around they would say it's free. But it would be the same if the woman was working and her husband stayed home.

Or because we do have healthcare (Medicaid) for people in poverty, and women (sadly) are much more often poor than men.
http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/2008/10/women_poverty.html

Reactions: 1 user
No, The reality is USA health care system is not free whether men or women. In fact, the families who live in the USA they pay heavily due to the tax system.

If anything, young women typically pay more for healthcare