Has anyone taken the MCAt and PCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

danph

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone in here take both the MCAT and PCAT to see how they did and then apply to which ever school? I mean can you even apply to med and pharm school? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I would not apply to both simultaneously. I doubt either type of school would like that.

danph said:
I was just wondering if anyone in here take both the MCAT and PCAT to see how they did and then apply to which ever school? I mean can you even apply to med and pharm school? Thanks

I answered this one here: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=2309490#post2309490

As for applying to both at the same time, I don't think there's really anything wrong with it, especially because you apply MD the previous summer before you apply for pharmacy anyway. So just apply to med school and if you don't hear anything by say Oct/Nov/Dec (time depends on which pharmacy schools you might apply to), start planning how you're going to fill out the pharmacy applications.

I definitely wanted to be a doctor first, but the truth is I wasn't sure if I'd be accepted or not. And even if they asked me at an interview (which they never did), I'd simply tell them the truth: that pharmacy was my back-up plan in case I didn't get accepted anywhere. Also, my high score on the PCAT was one of many factors that led me to feel that pharmacy school might not be the place for me (side note: both of my parents are pharmacists and heartily agreed).

Anway; if you still have to take one or both, good luck!