Guidelines

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shroomysoup

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which website provides practice guidelines for many diseases? I need to find guidelines for obesity.:cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Quick question... what kind of literature are guidelines considered to be? Tertiary? Secondary?

BMI is a guideline currently used (though not the most reliable one). You can check any online BMI calculator.

Quick question... what kind of literature are guidelines considered to be? Tertiary? Secondary?

I call them secondary, though I think this could theoretically be debated.

BMI is a guideline currently used (though not the most reliable one). You can check any online BMI calculator.

Just a question....what in the hell are you talking about? Who publishes the BMI guidelines? Is this primary literature?

Just a question....what in the hell are you talking about? Who publishes the BMI guidelines? Is this primary literature?

No idea. I just know that BMI calculators say what's overweight and obese and whatnot. I don't know who establishes the guidelines. Never researched that. Sorry about my lack of information and you don't need to be mad.

I may have misunderstood your question. I thought you meant criteria for a person to be obese.