Gross Human Anatomy study techniques, to all current physician students , practitioners

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NP 2 DPM

Family Nurse Practitioner & Podiatry Student
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

Did any of you take a gross anatomy study review program to augment / supplement? I was thinking of purchasing USMLE World and/or KAPLAN MEDICAL for the Basic Sciences aspect. Any of you guys do this? Or is there a Podiatry-specific review program that you know of that can go with curricula?

Advanced thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

Hi folks,

Did any of you take a gross anatomy study review program to augment / supplement? I was thinking of purchasing USMLE World and/or KAPLAN MEDICAL for the Basic Sciences aspect. Any of you guys do this? Or is there a Podiatry-specific review program that you know of that can go with curricula?

Advanced thanks,
The general anatomy from head to perineum that you learn will be essentially the same as what the MDs and DOs learn. Everything from the hips down, especially below the knee, will be much more in depth.

So for general anatomy you can maybe get a review book/course but I don't think it's necessary. For lower extremity anatomy you won't find any review book/course that covers the lower extremity in enough detail, except maybe those materials that float around the podiatry schools like the old Ohio notes.

There was a recent thread about good anatomy textbooks. Maybe do a search for that.

Sent from my Pixel using SDN mobile

Last edited:
The general anatomy from head to perineum that you learn will be essentially the same as what the MDs and DOs learn. Everything from the hips down, especially below the knee, will be much more in depth.

So for general anatomy you can maybe get a review book/course but I don't think it's necessary. For lower extremity anatomy you won't find any review book/course that covers the lower extremity in enough detail, except maybe those materials that float around the podiatry schools like the old Ohio notes.

Sent from my Pixel using SDN mobile

Thank you @bobtheweazel ! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)