Graduate GPA calculation AMCAS vs. AACOMAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheLeadSeed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do DO schools and AACOMAS view a graduate GPA and how do they calculate it with your undergrad GPA?

I know grade replacement is gone for DO schools. But let's say I currently have a 3.3cGPA/3.0sGPA. Would a 4.0 graduate GPA bring up that 3.3cGPA for DO school or would it be a separate GPA?

Thanks everyone!

By graduate GPA, I'm referring to an actual masters degree program.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
AACOMAS combines all GPA into cGPA.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
AACOMAS combines all GPA into cGPA.

Thank you for the reply impervious! I tried searching but didn't find much. With the change in grade replacement, who knows what changed again overnight

I would follow any adcom/physicians post like Goro, gyngyn, etc. Ultimately, you need to go by what the AACOMAS says.

so AACOMAS considers graduate level courses into overall GPA and ACMAS does not?

Reactions: 1 users
So as someone who had this question and it has been a year since this post, how did it go? I also have a mediocre uGPA and a stronger masters gpa from a master of science not and SMP. Does AMCAS at least show your graduate GPA and just not average everything together?

Reactions: 1 user
So as someone who had this question and it has been a year since this post, how did it go? I also have a mediocre uGPA and a stronger masters gpa from a master of science not and SMP. Does AMCAS at least show your graduate GPA and just not average everything together?

Hey labtech! I posted this question last year but am in this year's current cycle. My undergrad GPA and graduate GPA were averaged together into a separate "overall cumulative" and "overall science," but AACOMAS also lists separately undergrad science/nonscience/overall from graduate science/nonscience/overall.

Hope this answers your question!

Reactions: 1 users
This does answer my question thanks! I guess this is good because if they want to see improvement they look at the difference from uGPA to gGPA and they also get to see the overall.

Hey labtech! I posted this question last year but am in this year's current cycle. My undergrad GPA and graduate GPA were averaged together into a separate "overall cumulative" and "overall science," but AACOMAS also lists separately undergrad science/nonscience/overall from graduate science/nonscience/overall.

Hope this answers your question!
Would anyone happen to know what they really focus on in terms of either overall cumulative gpa and overall science gpa which includes graduate gpa or is it undergrad cumulative and science undergrad?