Grade Replacement at some Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

djtallahassee

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So apparently some DO schools are honoring grade replacement? Any idea how they would do this? I would imagine that it would be kind of an informal factor (like volunteering) since they probably have to report the verified GPA for statistic purposes.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

So apparently some DO schools are honoring grade replacement? Any idea how they would do this? I would imagine that it would be kind of an informal factor (like volunteering) since they probably have to report the verified GPA for statistic purposes.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Where have you heard this from? What source?

Sorry, I should have done a better search. Here is where it is discussed on SDN. PCOM and AZCOM were actually the only 2 I heard doing it, would be interested to know any other schools. AZCOM even has a criteria to be allowed for it. Idk what this means or how to gauge the effect on DO applicant/matriculate GPAs, but it would be nice if schools were consistent.

PCOM: AACOM GRADE REPLACEMENT POLICY

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I think AZCOM is the only school to explicitly state they will do grade replacement. The PCOM statement does not explicitly state they will do grade replacement but rather their admissions process will not change. Grade replacement was performed by AACOMAS not the individual schools.

I think AZCOM is the only school to explicitly state they will do grade replacement. The PCOM statement does not explicitly state they will do grade replacement but rather their admissions process will not change. Grade replacement was performed by AACOMAS not the individual schools.
i would agree that PCOM is not 100% it seems legit i just dont see how they are going to do it as AACOM grades wont have it so it seems like they would have to do it themselves. I also saw, i forget which i think AZCOM said there are requirements that must be met to be allowed to use the policy. one of which is a 507 MCAT which is above total average for DO schools so i think that is their way of limiting those who can use it. Their other contingency was that you have to have over a 3.0 gpa to use it which i feel like if you have over a 3.0 gpa you probably wouldnt be screened out anyway but i guess well see how it goes from here.... ill be applying to both most likely as i like this policy so....