GPA's, GRE's, XTRA's, ACCEPTANCES

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello, I had a question, did you apply for summer OTD or MOT term for St. Augustine and is it for Summer or Fall? I am waiting to hear back from them for Fall OTD term.
I applied to the mot and I believe that I picked the summer start date.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
University: Montana State University Billings
Major: Health and Human Performance
Overall GPA:3.1 otcas
Pre-Req GPA: depends on school
GRE: 284 total, 3.5 writing
Extra-Curric:
currently working (1.5 years so far) as an occupational therapy technician at a hand therapy clinic with some work conditioning patients (35 hours per week)
7 months as a behavioral support coordinator

Observation:
hippotherapy, transitional care unit, acute care, and pediatrics (over 100 hours)

Volunteer:
4-h mentor for 5 years
AWARE (adults with disabilities) 1 year

Acceptances:
Waitlist: hofstra, shenandoah(lessburg), st.augustine (Texas), carroll, st.scholastica, nova
Interviews: creighton denver pathway (declined), walsh, st.augustine, hofstra, brenau, university of north dakota
Rejections: a.t. still, touro, allen, ups, brenau, university of north dakota
waiting to hear from: cox, davenport (msot), walsh

Any thoughts or changes of getting off the wait list for any of these schools?

I feel you!! I'm on the waitlist at 2 places right now, got 5 rejections and waiting to hear from 4 places! Sending positive vibes your way!

Hello, I had a question, did you apply for summer OTD or MOT term for St. Augustine and is it for Summer or Fall? I am waiting to hear back from them for Fall OTD term.

I am also waiting to hear back about the Fall OTD term for San Marcos campus. Someone contacted me about my prerequisites the other day, and she mentioned that one of the interview days is on 3/17. So hopefully we start getting interview invites this week! I haven't seen anything in any other threads about OTD interviews yet, so I am assuming they haven't sent them out yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also waiting to hear back about the Fall OTD term for San Marcos campus. Someone contacted me about my prerequisites the other day, and she mentioned that one of the interview days is on 3/17. So hopefully we start getting interview invites this week! I haven't seen anything in any other threads about OTD interviews yet, so I am assuming they haven't sent them out yet.
Oh okay, thats good to know. Thank you!

I hope so! I would be happy anywhere is Boston, really. I applied to Tufts, MGH, and BU. Still waiting to hear back from Tufts and had an interview with MGH earlier this month. Tomorrow is my interview with BU!
Yay that makes me so happy! I'm from Boston and I can't wait to go back home after being on the west coast for 4 years now. I love California weather, but there is nothing like home. I wish you the best of luck please keep me posted. Any of those schools would be a great choice :)

Yay that makes me so happy! I'm from Boston and I can't wait to go back home after being on the west coast for 4 years now. I love California weather, but there is nothing like home. I wish you the best of luck please keep me posted. Any of those schools would be a great choice :)
You as well!

I did too, I am so upset :(
I'm so sorry! It sucks not getting a yes, especially when you want in so badly. I just emailed them asking where I fall on the waitlist and they actually give you a number, so there is hope!

I'm so sorry! It sucks not getting a yes, especially when you want in so badly. I just emailed them asking where I fall on the waitlist and they actually give you a number, so there is hope!
Oh wow, I will do that thank you!

If anyone gets accepted to St. Ambrose and decides not to accept the offer, I beg you to please post it lol

Hi Everyone! I've applied to OT school this term and thought I would post my stats :)

University: University of San Francisco
Major: Kinesiology
Minor: Child and Youth Studies
Overall GPA: 3.45
Pre-req GPA: 3.4-3.6
GRE: Verbal 143 (probably the most nervous about this score), Quantitative 148, Writing 4.5

Past Experience: Intern for an occupational therapist and did exercises with children that the OT gave me

OT hours: 140 hours in the pediatric clinic, 5 hours at a hippotherapy facility, 40 hours at a hospital shadowing an OT

Applied: Midwestern University (Glendale and Downers Grove), Thomas Jefferson University, University of St. Augustine (San Marcos), University of Chicago, Utica College, Temple, Columbia, NYU, University of Wisconsin-Milkwakee, USC, Springfield, Howard, Stanbridge

Interviews:
Wait listed:
Acceptances:
Rejections: Temple (2/1), University of Chicago (1/15), Utica (1/15), Stanbridge (2/10)
Still waiting: everyone else

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
UPDATE:

University:
University of Virginia
Major: Cognitive Science
Overall GPA: 3.53 according to OTCAS (3.3 from 2 years at UVA, transferred from George Mason Univ. with a 3.9, and took a couple courses at community college with a 4.0)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.4-3.7 (depending on school)
GRE: 148 v, 152 Q, 4.0 AW

Applied to: MGH Institute, Sacred Heart University, Springfield College, Thomas Jefferson University, University of New England, Boston University, Tufts University, Columbia University, Worcester State University

Acceptances: University of New England (12/16)

Rejections: Thomas Jefferson University (1/30), Tufts (2/27)

Interviews: University of New England (11/11), MGH Institute (2/3)

I was also accepted past preliminary review for Springfield (2/10), but I had to pay an extra $50 to continue the app process, so I declined the offer.

For those still waiting, I spoke with St Kates today and was informed that letters will be mailed out by Friday (march 3rd). Hopefully sooner though!

Has anyone who is not from (shenandoah) Virginia been accepted or placed on the wait list? It seems that majority of the people are from Virginia or the surrounding areas. I am from Washington state and have been put on the wait list. Any thought on this or any others from out of state?

Has anyone who is not from (shenandoah) Virginia been accepted or placed on the wait list? It seems that majority of the people are from Virginia or the surrounding areas. I am from Washington state and have been put on the wait list. Any thought on this or any others from out of state?

I am also from out of state and on the waitlist.

For those still waiting, I spoke with St Kates today and was informed that letters will be mailed out by Friday (march 3rd). Hopefully sooner though!
Thanks for the info!!

Me! Pennsylvania, waitlisted

University: Binghamton University (SUNY)
Major: B.S. Integrative Neuroscience
Overall GPA: 3.53
Pre-Req GPA: 3.3-3.5 (maybe lower)
GRE: 151V, 155Q, 4.0AW

Extra-Curricular:
  • Undergraduate Teaching Assistant for Anatomy & Physiology I and II
  • Colleges Against Cancer - Member
  • Therapy Aide at an Acute Rehab Hospital - Employment started November 2016
  • Relay For Life Committee Member for two years

Volunteer: None Really, unless Relay For Life counts

Acceptances: D'Youville College (2/13)

Rejections: Stony Brook University, Ithaca College (2/22), University of New England (2/27)

Still Waiting to Hear: American International College, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, The Sage Colleges, Springfield College

Interviews: Stony Brook University (1/13), University of New England (2/17)

Has anyone that interviewed at Emory and Henry on Feb. 11th heard back?

Hey all!

Applied in October to: Chatham, UIC, A.T Still, Midwestern (AZ and IL campus)

Rejections: Chatham

Waitlist: Midwestern AZ

Waiting to hear back: UIC, A.T Still, Midwestern IL.

Congrats on all the acceptances! Hoping for the best

When did you hear back from VCU and Murphey Deming? Those are the two schools I am waiting on and I also got waitlisted at E&H and Shenandoah!
I heard from VCU a few weeks ago, and I had an interview for Murphy Deming last Friday! I should hear something this week hopefully!

Hi Everyone! I've applied to OT school this term and thought I would post my stats :)

University: University of San Francisco
Major: Kinesiology
Minor: Child and Youth Studies
Overall GPA: 3.45
Pre-req GPA: 3.4-3.6
GRE: Verbal 143 (probably the most nervous about this score), Quantitative 148, Writing 4.5

Past Experience: Intern for an occupational therapist and did exercises with children that the OT gave me

OT hours: 140 hours in the pediatric clinic, 5 hours at a hippotherapy facility, 40 hours at a hospital shadowing an OT

Applied: Midwestern University (Glendale and Downers Grove), Thomas Jefferson University, University of St. Augustine (San Marcos), University of Chicago, Utica College, Temple, Columbia, NYU, University of Wisconsin-Milkwakee, USC, Springfield, Howard, Stanbridge

Interviews:
Wait listed:
Acceptances:
Rejections: Temple (2/1), University of Chicago (1/15), Utica (1/15), Stanbridge (2/10)
Still waiting: everyone else
Hi, when did you submit your app for stanbridge? I applied about 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard. Did you hear via email?

I heard from VCU a few weeks ago, and I had an interview for Murphy Deming last Friday! I should hear something this week hopefully!

Oh ok! I haven't heard anything from VCU so I am not sure what that means lol I also have not heard anything from MD, last I heard my app was still considered "open" so we will see! I hope you hear good news! Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Hi, when did you submit your app for stanbridge? I applied about 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard. Did you hear via email?

Hi! To be honest it wasn't a formal rejection. They called me in December about a week after applying saying my gre score wasn't at the minimum so they can't bump me to the next level. Then I followed up 3 weeks ago just to be curious and they said they would move me to the next level, and an email follow up said they encouraged I retake the GRE. It's all a little disorganized. No one has gotten back to me so I'm not sure what to do

Hi! To be honest it wasn't a formal rejection. They called me in December about a week after applying saying my gre score wasn't at the minimum so they can't bump me to the next level. Then I followed up 3 weeks ago just to be curious and they said they would move me to the next level, and an email follow up said they encouraged I retake the GRE. It's all a little disorganized. No one has gotten back to me so I'm not sure what to do
That's kinda weird. Like you, I am below the "minimum" on the verbal section by a few points. I'm going to call today to find out what is going on because they never even sent a confirmation email that they received my application. I spoke to a current student and she said that because they are a new program, the admin is disorganized and to not be surprised by it. So they never officially rejected you right?

Oh ok! I haven't heard anything from VCU so I am not sure what that means lol I also have not heard anything from MD, last I heard my app was still considered "open" so we will see! I hope you hear good news! Good luck!

I haven't heard from VCU either. I checked these threads and saw someone last year said they got accepted as late as March 16th. Seems so late when the application was due December 1st. Where else did you apply? Did you get accepted?

That's kinda weird. Like you, I am below the "minimum" on the verbal section by a few points. I'm going to call today to find out what is going on because they never even sent a confirmation email that they received my application. I spoke to a current student and she said that because they are a new program, the admin is disorganized and to not be surprised by it. So they never officially rejected you right?

It's very weird. I probably shouldn't have considered it a rejection but they are disorganized and not great at getting back to me after the numerous calls and emails so I just made it a rejection. If anything changes I'll update. Good luck calling! Hopefully you find out what's going on

It's very weird. I probably shouldn't have considered it a rejection but they are disorganized and not great at getting back to me after the numerous calls and emails so I just made it a rejection. If anything changes I'll update. Good luck calling! Hopefully you find out what's going on

I had a lot of problems with Stanbridge too, it isn't listed on their website but if you haven't graduated by March 31st they will not consider your application for this year.... I had to call to find out because I hadn't gotten a confirmation email and it had been several months since I had submitted my application. I had talked to them in September about applying and no one had told me this was an issue so I would definitely recommend calling and checking in that your application is in the right location.

the waiting game sucks!! Goodluck to you!! :)

Update

University: East Carolina
Major: Special Education
Overall GPA: 3.7
Pre-req (still in the process of some) 3.8
GRE: Verbal-148 Quantitative-151 Writing-4.0

Experience: Second Year Special Education Teacher, ECU Campus Ambassador, Taught swim lessons for Children with Autism

OT hours: 40 hours at a pediatric clinic

Applied: AT Still, East Carolina, Winston Salem, Sacred Heart, West Coast University, NYU, Hofstra, Lenoir-Rhyne

Interviews: Hofstra

Acceptances: Hofstra, Lenoir-Rhyne :soexcited::clap:

Rejections: AT Still, East Carolina, Sacred Heart

Congrats!!! I am happy for you- do you recall how long it took for school(s) to let you know their decision after any in person interviews (I believe Hofstra was interview)? I am trying to get an idea. Thank you!!!

Update

Experience: Second Year Special Education Teacher, ECU Campus Ambassador, Taught swim lessons for Children with Autism

Applied: AT Still, East Carolina, Winston Salem, Sacred Heart, West Coast University, NYU, Hofstra, Lenoir-Rhyne

Acceptances: Hofstra, Lenoir-Rhyne

Waitlisted: NYU

Congrats!!! I am happy for you- do you recall how long it took for school(s) to let you know their decision after any in person interviews (I believe Hofstra was interview)? I am trying to get an idea. Thank you!!!

Thank you :)

Hofstra responded to me 3 days after my interview, however, they said at the interview, it could take to a month

Until they say no, DON'T GIVE UP!! Thanks, hopefully they have a response and yes, keep me posted!

Did you hear back from NYU via email?

Update

Acceptances: Hofstra, Lenoir-Rhyne

Waitlisted: NYU

FINAL UPDATE.
University: Stony Brook University
Major: Health Science and Sociology
Overall GPA: 3.4 OTCAS
Pre-Req GPA: 3.2-3.6 depending on school
GRE:
158 Verbal
153 Quantitative (previously 148)
5.0 Writing (previously 3.5)

2nd Year Applicant
Extra-Curric: Internship early intervention preschool, various positions in a national sorority including Executive board, Out of State student mentor, English Pals, Emerging Leaders, Various academic awards and a Merit scholarship

Volunteer: 20 Hospital NICU/PICU, 90 Early intervention preschool

Applying: Stony Brook, Sacred Heart, NYU, Downstate, LIU Brooklyn, Touro Bay Shore, Rush

Acceptances: LIU
Rejections: Stony Brook, Sacred Heart (reapplicants)
Waitlist: Rush, NYU
Interviews: LIU, Stony brook, Rush
Haven't heard back - Downstate, Touro Bay Shore

Attending: LIU Brooklyn :)

I received a sizable scholarship for LIU, so I have decided I will be attending there. It is an amazing program so I am very excited. My advice to those with not awesome GPAs, get your GRE scores up, get more hours and more settings! Write an AWESOME Personal Statement and go into interviews like you BELONG THERE. That is what I did, and it finally paid off.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Reactions: 3 users
University: Binghamton University (SUNY)
Major: B.S. Integrative Neuroscience
Overall GPA: 3.53
Pre-Req GPA: 3.3-3.5 (maybe lower)
GRE: 151V, 155Q, 4.0AW

Extra-Curricular:
  • Undergraduate Teaching Assistant for Anatomy & Physiology I and II
  • Colleges Against Cancer - Member
  • Therapy Aide at an Acute Rehab Hospital - Employment started November 2016
  • Relay For Life Committee Member for two years

Volunteer: None Really, unless Relay For Life counts

Acceptances: D'Youville College (2/13)

Rejections: Stony Brook University, Ithaca College (2/22), University of New England (2/27)

Still Waiting to Hear: American International College, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, The Sage Colleges, Springfield College

Interviews: Stony Brook University (1/13), University of New England (2/17)

When did you hear back from Stony Brook? I interviewed on the same day but have yet to hear anything.

FINAL UPDATE.
GRE:
158 Verbal

2nd Year Applicant
Extra-Curric: Internship early intervention preschool, various positions in a national sorority including Executive board, Out of State student mentor, English Pals, Emerging Leaders, Various academic awards and a Merit scholarship

Applying: Stony Brook, Sacred Heart, NYU, Downstate, LIU Brooklyn, Touro Bay Shore, Rush

I received a sizable scholarship for LIU, so I have decided I will be attending there. It is an amazing program so I am very excited. My advice to those with not awesome GPAs, get your GRE scores up, get more hours and more settings! Write an AWESOME Personal Statement and go into interviews like you BELONG THERE. That is what I did, and it finally paid off.

Congrats! Did you take yourself off the waitlist at Rush? Did they happen to tell you where you were on the waitlist?

**UPDATE**

University: SUNY Oneonta
Major: Communication Studies/Pre-OT
Overall GPA: 3.90
Pre-Req GPA: 3.87-3.92 (depending on school
GRE: N/A

Extra-Curric: Lambda Pi Eta (Communication Arts Honor Society), Alpha Epsilon Delta (National Preprofessional Health Honor Society), Summer Camp Counselor, County Legislative Intern (Summer), Sensory Gym Counselor (Summer), VP of Resident Hall Government, Dean's List all 4 years, Provost's List 1 semester

Volunteer: 65 hours Outpatient rehab with an OTR and Certified Hand Therapist; 15 hours Peds (private practice); 30 Inpatient in a hospital in the Transitional Care Unit (more like a nursing home setting); ~300 hours as Assistant Teacher for preschoolers with disabilities in an integrated classroom.

Applied: SUNY Downstate, Stony Brook, NYU, Columbia, University of the Sciences

Interviews: SUNY Downstate 1/4, Stony Brook 1/13

Acceptances: University of the Sciences, NYU

Rejections:

Waiting on Response: Downstate, Stony Brook, Columbia

**UPDATE**

University: SUNY Oneonta
Major: Communication Studies/Pre-OT
Overall GPA: 3.90
Pre-Req GPA: 3.87-3.92 (depending on school
GRE: N/A

Extra-Curric: Lambda Pi Eta (Communication Arts Honor Society), Alpha Epsilon Delta (National Preprofessional Health Honor Society), Summer Camp Counselor, County Legislative Intern (Summer), Sensory Gym Counselor (Summer), VP of Resident Hall Government, Dean's List all 4 years, Provost's List 1 semester

Volunteer: 65 hours Outpatient rehab with an OTR and Certified Hand Therapist; 15 hours Peds (private practice); 30 Inpatient in a hospital in the Transitional Care Unit (more like a nursing home setting); ~300 hours as Assistant Teacher for preschoolers with disabilities in an integrated classroom.

Applied: SUNY Downstate, Stony Brook, NYU, Columbia, University of the Sciences

Interviews: SUNY Downstate 1/4, Stony Brook 1/13

Acceptances: University of the Sciences, NYU

Rejections:

Waiting on Response: Downstate, Stony Brook, Columbia

Glad to know I'm not the only one waiting to hear from stony brook after the 1/13 interview!

FINAL UPDATE.
GRE:
158 Verbal

2nd Year Applicant

how did you hear from Sacred Heart? I applied in October and I only received a confirmation email from them that they received my application and that they would be in touch. I NEVER heard anything after october. No interview request but also no rejection.. what was your process like?