GPA's, GRE's, XTRA's, ACCEPTANCES

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I made a spreadsheet of all the admissions info and prerequisites for US Physical Therapy schools using the most current data available (last year's if the new PTCAS layout made this one's impossible to find). I hope people find this helpful and good luck applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• All PTCAS Schools Info.xlsx
    37.7 KB · Views: 245
Reactions: 9 users
I made a spreadsheet of all the admissions info and prerequisites for US Physical Therapy schools using the most current data available (last year's if the new PTCAS layout made this one's impossible to find). I hope people find this helpful and good luck applying!
Wow! That's impressive.

Hello! Did anyone else receive an interview notification last night from Midwestern in Arizona?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
University: ETSU
Major: Interdisciplinary Studies
Overall GPA: 2.88 (PTCAS) ~ 3.3 (after retakes, depending on school)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.93
GRE: Q 153 V 148

Extra-Curric: Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

Volunteer: 3 years- small group leader, children's ministry

Applying to: South College (ED), ETSU, Emory and Henry...

Interviews: South College

Waitlisted: South College

Acceptances:

Rejections:

University: CSULB
Major: Molecular cell Bio/ Physiology
2 Minors: Chemistry and Religious Studies
cGPA: 3.71
pGPA: 3.77
GRE: Q 155 V 158 W 4.0
Extra-cirric: 3 semesters as an undergrad research assistant in an organic chem lab

Observation: ~60 hours in outpatient neuro, ~20 hours in outpatient pulmonary, and ~320 hours in inpatient acute (also did ~20 hours in peds but it didn't get on my app in time)

LOR: 2 PTs from the hospital i volunteered at, Prof for O-chem/ PI, and Prof for my upper division biology elective

Applied: CSULB (ED)
Accepted: CSULB

I am very nervous about my applications so please give me any feedback. Especially about my GRE scores. Will my GPA make up for it? Should I bother applying?

I graduate with my undergrad degree in May 2018 -- trying to get straight into PT school

University: Georgia Southern University
Major: Exercise Science
cGPA: 3.95
pGPA: 3.8
GRE: 150V, 148Q, 3.5W

Observation/Volunteer Hours:
100 hours in various settings

letters of Recommendation:
3 PT's that I've volunteered with/observed
1 Exercise Physiology Professor

Extracurricular Activities
Zeta Tau Alpha Sorority - Academic Achievement Chairman and Points Chairman
Relay for Life Volunteer
Campus Crusaders for Christ
Southern Exercise Science Club
Union United Methodist Church VBS
American Cancer Society - making strides
Statesboro-Bulloch Breast Cancer Foundation

I think you should be fine. I was super worried about my GRE scores also. 144 on V & 150 on Q, and 3 on AW. But I got an interview to a highly competitive school (utmb in Texas). What made me stand out I think was all my extra curricular stuff, letters of rec and hours.

I am very nervous about my applications so please give me any feedback. Especially about my GRE scores. Will my GPA make up for it? Should I bother applying?

I graduate with my undergrad degree in May 2018 -- trying to get straight into PT school

Relay for Life Volunteer

letters of Recommendation:
3 PT's that I've volunteered with/observed
1 Exercise Physiology Professor

Relay for Life Volunteer

Where are you applying?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

University: California State University, Fullerton
Major: Kinesiology
PTCAS Overall GPA: 3.32
Pre-Req GPA: 3.60-3.75
GRE: 149V 156Q 4.0 AWA

Letters of Recommendation: 1 licensed PT from orthopedic, 1 licensed PT from VA, 1 professor from Biology department

Observation Hours: Outpatient: Orthopedic (405 hours) | Inpatient: Veterans Affair Subacute (77 hours), Skilled Nursing Facility (25 hours)

Extra-Curricular: Medical Office Front Desk (1 year), Server for catering company (February 2017-present)

Volunteer: Hospital Help Desk (1 month)

Applied: CSU Long Beach, CSU Northridge, Loma Linda, Mount St. Mary's, UNLV, West Coast, Western University, Chapman

Interviews: TBD

Rejections: TBD

Acceptances: TBD

Anyone have any suggestions as to what others school I may apply to as a safe-school? With the exception of maybe West Coast, I feel like with my stats, most of the schools I'm applying to are medium-high reaches.

Where are you applying?

I'm applying to Armstrong State University, Brenau University, Emory University, Mercer University, South College, University of St. Augustine in Fl, and East Tennessee State Univeristy

Hey guys! i have a quick question as I'm getting ready to submit all my applications, on the PTCAS website for programs many say: Checklists with times/hours WILL NOT be accepted as a substitute for a verified electronic signature or uploaded signed verification form. with regards to observation hours

does this mean that if i have a list of my hours and a PT signs it at the bottom this will be accepted or won't be accepted?

Hey guys! i have a quick question as I'm getting ready to submit all my applications, on the PTCAS website for programs many say: Checklists with times/hours WILL NOT be accepted as a substitute for a verified electronic signature or uploaded signed verification form. with regards to observation hours

does this mean that if i have a list of my hours and a PT signs it at the bottom this will be accepted or won't be accepted?

That's what I used and it was accepted.

Update: 9/20/17 at 8:30am

University: University of Southern California
Major: Human Biology (B.S.)
Overall GPA: 3.64
Pre-Req GPA: 3.64
GRE: A=150 Q=155 W=4.0

Extra-Curric: Exec. board for pre-physical therapy club, member of the community health involvement project (CHIP), member of health science education program (HSEP), member of the joint educational project (JEP)

Volunteer: Ortho out-patient (about 150 hours), Neurological out-patient (about 50 hours), Northwestern hospital (still outpatient) about 20 hours.

Applied: USC, CSU Long Beach, CSU Northridge, Chapman, Western University, SDSU (app opens on OCT 1st.), University of Illinois at Chicago, University of Miami

Acceptances:

Rejections:

Interviews: University of Miami

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody got interviews to Tech or Utmb (Texas schools) ? I got Tech next month in Odessa and November at utmb!

Overall GPA: 3.7
Pre-req GPA: 3.2-3.4 (depending on school)
GRE: 152 Q, 149 V, 4.0 AW

Observation hours: 65 school system, 125 inpatient, 500 outpatient

LORs: 3 physical therapists and one academic advisor

Applying to: UNG, PCOM, Brenau, Mercer, Georgia State, Emory
Accepted: PCOM
Rejected: UNG

How was the PCOM interview? I'm interviewing there week after next!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
It was great! It was the most laid back interview I've had. The faculty are all so personable and easy to talk to. You start off with a tour and get to know about the program and in the interview it is you, a faculty member, and a local clinician. The interview made me really excited about their program.

I have received a lot of direction from all of you on this forum. Hope to share my experience in applying for PT schools.

Undergrad: University of Utah (Exercise Science)
Overall GPA: 3.62
Pre-req GPA: 3.6-3.7 (Depending on School)
GRE: Verbal- 156, Quant-152, AWA-4.0

Observation Hours: 775 Outpatient, 25 Neurological, 30 Skilled Nursing Facility

Work Experience:
1. Adaptive Sports Program @ UofU Hospital
2. Rep @ ATT for 18 Months
3. Human Physiology TA

Volunteer: Disabled Children Sports Program, Wellness Coach, Sunday School Instructor @ Church, Service Missionary, Wellness Center Intern.

Extra Curricular- Competitive Freestyle Skier, Marathon Runner, Adaptive Sports(cycling, skiing), Pre-Pt Club, The National Society of Leadership and Success, Deans List (2x),

Certifications: AHA BLS: CPR/AED

Recommendation Letter
1. 2 PT’s
2. Human Phys Professor
3. Work Supervisor

Applying: University of Utah, Eastern Washington University, Northern Arizona University, Touro Nevada, Rosalind Franklin, Nova Southeastern Ft. Lauderdale, University of Montana
Acceptances:
Interviews:
Rejections:

Any input on these schools would be greatly appreciated!

University of North Texas
B.S. Kinesiology(2015)
cGPA (PTCAS): 3.24(have some bad semesters from when I first started school as a Computer Engineering Major)
pGPA: 3.3-3.6(depends on school)

GRE: 155V, 151Q, 4.0AWA

Hours: 1000+ outpatient ortho(working as tech) 20 in outpatient sports medicine clinic, 50 hours in SNF

EC: Member of UNT football team 2011-2015

Jobs: Player and Practice squad member of Atlanta Falcons (2015), Player and practice squad of Dallas Cowboys(2015-2016), PT Tech, Vitamin Shoppe health enthusiast, Academy Sports and Outdoors cashier

Volunteer: various community service events worked with teams that I have been on

Honors & Awards: Deans List, President's List, First Team All Conference USA Linebacker, Team Captain 2014-2015

Applied to: UNT, TWU, Indiana State University, Texas Tech, UTHSCSA, UTEP, Texas State, Angelo State, Elon

Interviews: N/A
Acceptances: N/A
Rejections: N/A.....yet

University of North Texas
B.S. Kinesiology(2015)
cGPA (PTCAS): 3.24(have some bad semesters from when I first started school as a Computer Engineering Major)
pGPA: 3.3-3.6(depends on school)

GRE: 155V, 151Q, 4.0AWA

Hours: 1000+ outpatient ortho(working as tech) 20 in outpatient sports medicine clinic, 50 hours in SNF

EC: Member of UNT football team 2011-2015

Jobs: Player and Practice squad member of Atlanta Falcons (2015), Player and practice squad of Dallas Cowboys(2015-2016), PT Tech, Vitamin Shoppe health enthusiast, Academy Sports and Outdoors cashier

Volunteer: various community service events worked with teams that I have been on

Honors & Awards: Deans List, President's List, First Team All Conference USA Linebacker, Team Captain 2014-2015

Applied to: UNT, TWU, Indiana State University, Texas Tech, UTHSCSA, UTEP, Texas State, Angelo State, Elon

Interviews: N/A
Acceptances: N/A
Rejections: N/A.....yet

Recognize your picture from instagram haha, good luck man! Hope we both receive good news this cycle

Hi everyone. I'm concerned because ALL of my prereqs are from community college. The school I'm applying to says it doesn't weigh that, but still. Also, my BA is completely irrelevant, my PT volunteering hours are all at one hospital, and I don't have much in the way of extra curriculars (because baby). I know I could probably get in somewhere just due to my stats alone, but I'm only applying to TWO schools, because I can't move (have a house here, married, have a baby). I also have not taken Physics 2 yet.

University: New School University
Major: Liberal Arts
Overall GPA: 3.87
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
GRE: V 167, Q 153, AW 5.0

Extra-Curric: tutored/nannied young children, informal online counseling of sexual assault victims

Volunteer (PT): 150 hours inpatient/outpatient PT (all at same location though)

Volunteer (non PT): participated in research at brain and spinal cord injury lab (in Rehab department), info desk/patient transport at hospital in economically distressed area

LOR: PT, physics professor, PI at SCI/TBI lab (who is on staff at USCF PT school)

Acceptances: 0

Rejections: 0

Applied: Samuel Merritt University early decision, will be applying to UCSF if not accepted for ED

Last edited:
Major: Physical Education
Overall GPA: 3.88
Pre-Req GPA: 3.67
GRE: V - 157 Q - 157 A - 5.0

Extra-Curric: Pre-PT Club, Competitive Softball, 3 Agencies of Employment

Volunteer: N/A

Observation Hours: 300+ school therapy, 60 outpatient center

Applied To: University of Nebraska Medical Center, University of South Dakota, Briar Cliff University, Des Moinses Orthopedic Center, Kansas State Medical Center

Acceptances:

Rejections:

Interviews:

Hi Guys! I'm worrying hardcore over here because PTCAS calculated my cum GPA a lot lower than i thought it would be, if ppl could look at my stats and give me any advice or know of a school that looks at last 60 hours heavily because thats when i really excelled (went from a 3.0 to a 3.8 average)

Major: Biology focus in Chemistry
cGPA 3.41
preGPA 3.64
GRE v-154 q-156 w-4.0

extra: relay for life 2 years, biological honors club, healing hearts club, work experience 2 places, volunteer position - hospital and rehab hospital, therapy aide job starting this october

volunteer hours - 107 outpatient, 58 rehab hospital, 21 neuro and orthodox, 30 sports, 50 planed in geriatrics and neuro

applied to: Cleveland state, Dayton, Cincci, toledo, walsh, northwestern, rosalind franklin, emory and henry, and mount union to be safe

Acceptances:

Rejections:

Interviews:

please let me know what you think!

University: Simpson College
Majors: Athletic Training and Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.3
Pre-Req GPA: 3.1
GRE: 148 Verbal, 150 Quant, 3.0 Writing

Observation Hours: 250+ in outpatient and peds (worked as a PT tech), and then a few hours in acute care, also 1,000+ hours of clinical athletic training (even though it doesn't count for PT observation hours)

Extra-Curric: Athletic Training Club (3 years), Exercise Science Club (4 years), Athletic Training UGA (2 years), Student Ambassador (4 years), Pi Beta Phi Sorority: New member coordinator, membership chair, health and wellness chair. Panhellenic Vice President of Recruitment, Panhellenic President. Phi Epsilon Kappa Fraternity for Health Sciences- founding member. 3 symposium research presentations (2 posters, 1 oral), in the process of publishing the manuscript for the oral presentation over independent research. Over 500+ hours of volunteer work for Read>Lead>Achieve, First Book, Special Olympics of Iowa, Ronald McDonald house, Breast Cancer awareness, etc. 8 mission trips in the US and then worked for the mission trip organization for a year overseeing an additional 4 mission trips.

LORs: 1 PT, Athletic Training Department Head and my clinical rotation supervisor, my academic advisor/professor, and my professor who oversaw my independent research.

Applying to: ED to Armstrong State, then University of St. Augustine, South College, PCOM-Georgia Campus.

E-Submit: July 20th.

Verified: July 24th.

Interview: Armstrong State (ED)

Accepted: Armstrong State!!

Reactions: 4 users
UPDATE!!!!!!

University:
UNCG
Major: Kinesiology (Sports Medicine Concentration)
Overall GPA: 3.82
Pre-Req GPA: 3.65
GRE: 160V 156Q 3.5AW

Extra-Curricular:
Kinesiology Club, Bronze Leadership Challenge, Kinesiology Commencement Honor Marshall, Club Lacrosse Secretary, Campus Activities Board Member, Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society, Employee for my University's Facilities and Game Operations (2+ years), Retail Sales Associate (5+ years), Retail Store Lead/Key holder (new position), Volunteer for a Summer Enrichment Program for refugee and immigrant youth (42 hours), Muscular Dystrophy Association Summer Camp Counselor (144 hours), Muscular Dystrophy Association Muscle Walk Volunteer (8 hours)

Observation:
138 hours [30 outpatient orthopedics, 30 inpatient rehab, 30 geriatrics (SNF/Extended-care facility), and 48 outpatient pediatrics (@ a Duke University Health System location)]

LOR:
Kinesiology professor/academic advisor, Duke DPT alumna (from pediatric location), Duke DPT alumna (from inpatient rehab location)

E-submitted:
8/01
Verified by PTCAS: 8/03

Applied:
Duke (ED)
Accepted: DUKE (ED) !!! :D

Reactions: 1 users
UPDATE!!!!!!

University:
UNCG
Major: Kinesiology (Sports Medicine Concentration)
Overall GPA: 3.82
Pre-Req GPA: 3.65
GRE: 160V 156Q 3.5AW

Extra-Curricular:
Kinesiology Club, Bronze Leadership Challenge, Kinesiology Commencement Honor Marshall, Club Lacrosse Secretary, Campus Activities Board Member, Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society, Employee for my University's Facilities and Game Operations (2+ years), Retail Sales Associate (5+ years), Retail Store Lead/Key holder (new position), Volunteer for a Summer Enrichment Program for refugee and immigrant youth (42 hours), Muscular Dystrophy Association Summer Camp Counselor (144 hours), Muscular Dystrophy Association Muscle Walk Volunteer (8 hours)

Observation:
138 hours [30 outpatient orthopedics, 30 inpatient rehab, 30 geriatrics (SNF/Extended-care facility), and 48 outpatient pediatrics (@ a Duke University Health System location)]

LOR:
Kinesiology professor/academic advisor, Duke DPT alumna (from pediatric location), Duke DPT alumna (from inpatient rehab location)

E-submitted:
8/01
Verified by PTCAS: 8/03

Applied:
Duke (ED)
Accepted: DUKE (ED) !!! :D
Congrats girl!! super happy for you!!

Update:

University: Texas Tech
Major: Kinesiology Minor: Health Professions
Overall GPA: 3.95
Pre-Req GPA: 3.85
GRE:V157 Q158 A4.0

Extra-Curriculars: Alpha Phi Omega Service Fraternity (service chair, merchandise chair, and pledge trainer, + over 100 hours of community service), Omicron Delta Kappa (treasurer), Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, Pre-Physical Therapy Club, 3 years research experience, studied abroad in Spain for a summer

Volunteer: 300+ outpatient, 60 pediatrics, 80 acute care, 180 paid hours in an orthopedic clinic
LORS: 2 PTs, 1 Prof in major (who is also a PT I observe with), and 1 previous employer at a national laboratory

Applying: Duke (ED)
Accepted: Duke

Accepted by Temple's DPT program today!:banana:
I did not apply ED though.
Wow, I did not expect to hear decision this early, considering the early decision notification deadline is still 6 days away.
I am still waiting to hear from other schools too.

Good luck to you all!

Last edited:
Accepted by Temple's DPT program today!:banana:
I did not apply ED though.
Wow, I did not expect to hear decision this early, considering the early decision notification deadline is still 6 days away.
I am still waiting to hear from other schools too.

Good luck to you all!

Congrats!! When/how was the interview?

University: NYU (undergrad); Prerecs: UCLA Extension (certificate in premedical sciences)
Major: BFA - Acting
Overall GPA: 3.54
Pre-Req GPA: 3.8
GRE: Math 151, Verbal 154, Writing 4

Extra-Curric: Track, Rock Climbing, Orchestra (trumpet), Dance, Theatre, Yoga Instructor, Animal shelter volunteer

Observation Hrs: 2000 hrs paid outpatient ortho PT Aide, 500hr Home health paid PT Aide

LOR: 2 DPT, 1 former employer, 1 Physio Prof

Acceptances: ED CSULB

Last edited:
Congrats!! When/how was the interview?
My interview was on 9/8, and it was more of informative.

Ok so I was the last person to be arrived at the interview, barely made it on time.
The area was extremely busy and was filled with undergraduate students, cars, and food trucks etc. I could not help but worry that I would not make it on time.

Anyways, for the first few hours, they tried their best to reduce the tension while introducing their program, faculty, and current students' activities.
It took about 4 hours total, yet the interview itself took ~50 minutes.
They put about 6 applicants in a group, and each group was designated to a specific room.
Before throwing out questions, they had a little chat and cracking some jokes (I was grateful for this).
Each person was asked about three questions total.
They asked one question for each person and move on to the next person and then come back to the first person and so forth.
Everyone in my group was amazing, and I'm positive that all of people who were in my group got acceptance. My advice would be just briefly research what the program is really aiming for, and bring some good questions for current students and faculty members.

Best of luck to you!

Last edited:
Hi guys! I wanted to post in here because it has really helped me with applying over the years. This is my second cycle applying, so I was starting to really doubt myself. I had four interviews last cycle and was waitlisted at all of them. I also had ~5 denials. I applied at Bellarmine University during early decision August 4th, interviewed September 15th, and I got accepted on September 19th! I hope this gives others with low GPAs and GRE scores ambition. I definitely recommend working as a PT aide if possible because it gave me so much experience to talk about during my interview. Never give up on your dreams!

University:
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Cumulative GPA: 3.59
Pre-requisite GPA: 3.62
GRE: 143 Verbal, 154 Quantitative, Writing 4.0
Observation Hours: 2000+ (work as a PT aide along with many hours of pediatric, aquatic, inpatient, and outpatient PT)
Experiences: PT aide/rehab tech at Sports Physical Therapists, UWM cheerleader, coached a youth cheer team, bartending jobs, research lab assistant for a professor's study, research lab participant at many different research labs, Tri My Best Triathlon volunteer
Achievements: Commencement Honors grad, Golden Key member, Dean's Honor List 2x, Honor Society member, PST member, SCLA member
Licenses & Certifications: Adult CPR/AED certified, CNA (expired), Lifeguard (expired)

Acceptance: BELLARMINE UNIVERSITY

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
As a person who grew up in a Clemson household... how can you apply to USC?? LOL!! I was told I couldn't even consider it for undergrad!!!! You'd probably have to replace 1/2 your wardrobe!! :) :)

University: Clemson University
Major: Health Science/Pre-Professional studies, Minor Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.85
Pre-Req GPA: 3.7
GRE: Q: 152, V: 154, AW: 4.5

Extra Curric:
AED, member of health science honor society, working at PT aide currently, sorority panhellenic delegate, volunteer research project for underprivileged elementary students to help teach health and exercise habits

Volunteer:
200 hrs pediatrics, 43 hrs geriatrics, 26 hrs sports therapy, 12 hrs home health, 7 hours school, 23 acute care

Applying to: Armstrong, USC(south carolina) MUSC, Mercer, Emory, Duke, ECU, Western Carolina, UNC Chapel Hill, Wingate, Uof Miami, U of Florida, St. Augustines, Elon, Winston-Salem State

Acceptance: Wingate
Rejections:
Interviews:

INTERVIEW UPDATE

University: West Virginia Univ
Major: Sport and Exercise Psychology
Overall GPA: 4.0
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
GRE: Q:155, V 152, W 4.0

Extra-Curric/Honors: Sorority: President, VP Finance, VP Standards, Director of Membership, Peer Advisor for my college, Presidential Honors Scholar, Recipient of multiple scholarships, chosen for a variety of leadership internships, Member of Order of Omega

Volunteer: 80 hrs - 65 in outpatient PT clinic, 15 in acute care hospital
I will be doing more (to get to at least 125 hrs) in the spring at an outpatient care center.

Applying to: Duke, Ohio State, Shenandoah, VCU

E-submit - 9/17; Verified - 9/20

Acceptances: none yet

Rejections: none yet

Interviews: Shenandoah (11/11)

Last edited:
University: University of Nebraska-Kearney
Overall GPA: 3.52
Pre-Req GPA: 3.22
GRE: Q: 152, V: 151, W: 4.0

Extracurricular/Honors: Fraternity (various positions), Deans List 4x, Health Science Club, Exercise Science Club, Scholarships, Personal Trainer for 2.5 years

Observation: 400+ hours at various outpatient clinics, 30+ hours inpatient, 160 hours internship

Volunteer: 300+ hours between various organizations including St. Jude, Children's Hospital, Special Olympics, etc.

Licenses/Certifications: Red Cross CPR/AED, NSCA Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist

Applied: DMU (ED)

Accepted: DMU (9/20)

University: University of Minnesota - Twin Cities
Overall GPA: 3.76
Pre-Req GPA:3.67
GRE: Q:153, V 148, W 4.0

Extra-Curric/Honors: CPR instructor, Student trainer intern, Undergraduate research assistant, several student organizations

Volunteer: 64 hrs - Spread between three different outpatient PT clinics, 100hrs in acute care hospital

Applying to: UW Lacrosse , University of Minnesota - Twin cities

Acceptances: Both!!!!

Rejections: none

*My stats aren't amazing, don't get too worked up about your stats. Just write a killer essay and have great letters of recommendation and you will be fine. Let me know if you have anymore questions. Good luck to everyone applying!

University: University of Nebraska-Kearney
Overall GPA: 3.52
Pre-Req GPA: 3.22
GRE: Q: 152, V: 151, W: 4.0

Extracurricular/Honors: Fraternity (various positions), Deans List 4x, Health Science Club, Exercise Science Club, Scholarships, Personal Trainer for 2.5 years

Observation: 400+ hours at various outpatient clinics, 30+ hours inpatient, 160 hours internship

Volunteer: 300+ hours between various organizations including St. Jude, Children's Hospital, Special Olympics, etc.

Licenses/Certifications: Red Cross CPR/AED, NSCA Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist

Applied: DMU (ED)

Accepted: DMU (9/20)

Congrats! DMU is a great program, I did my undergrad near Des Moines (awesome city to live in btw!) and have had a lot of friends go to DMU for PT and they love it! Best of luck to you!

Overall GPA: 3.85
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.75

Last edited:
It's my first cycle applying and I am slightly anxious about my pre-req GPA and I know my GRE scores could be better. I know applying to 9 schools may be impulsive but I'd be happy anywhere! Let me know what you guys think of my chances!

University: College of Charleston
Overall GPA: 3.6
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.4
GRE: Q 148 V 155 AW 3.5

Extra-Curric: Research Assistant, OT/PT Club founding member, Ropes Course Guide, Gold's Gym front desk associate, jewelry sales associate, military base volunteer, Water Mission (nonprofit) Concierge, president of honors society. Sorority - Panhellenic recruitment counselor, new member director, social media coordinator. Honors - Greek Emerging Leader, Golden Key, and two other honors societies.

Volunteer: 100 hours Inpatient, 45 hours Outpatient, 30 hours Home Health - all unpaid observation

Applying to: MUSC, Armstrong, Belmont, Florida Gulf Coast, Nova Southeastern, UCSF/SFSU, U of South Florida, Adventist U of Health Sciences, High Point

Acceptances: none yet

Rejections: none yet

Interviews:

cGPA 3.65
preGPA 3.0
GRE v-150 q-155 w-4.0

extra: not much minus church activities and Hurricane Harvey help

volunteer hours - 120 outpatient/sport, 25 inpatient

applied to: my list is massive, my fiance and I are trying to be in the same city she's going for her PhD, so far I have 20 schools
Boston University, Elon University, Hampton University, Hardin-Simmons University, Midwestern University - Downers Grove, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, Simmons College ,University of New Mexico, University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth, University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, University of Vermont, Washington University of St Louis, West Virginia University, Wingate University, Winston-Salem State University, Northeastern University, William Carey University, University of Mary Hardin-Baylor University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, Campbell University

Acceptances:

Rejections:

Interviews:

Reactions: 1 users
UPDATE: APPLICATIONS RECEIVED

Major- English
Cum GPA- 3.6 (my calculated. Hopefully PTCAS is similar).
GRE- 162 V 148 Q 5.0 AW
Observation- 120 Total: 30 Outpatient, 30 Acute, 30 Skilled Nursing, 30 Private Practice/Sports Performance
Extra Curricular- AmeriCorps Energy Express Mentor, School teacher for 5 years, Sigma Tau Delta International Literary Conference Published Author, Save Our Strays Animal Shelter Volunteer, Lifeguard for 3 years.

Applying to: WVU, Marshall, Wheeling Jesuit, Chatham, Hampton, Youngstown, Murphy Deming/Mary Baldwin

Does anyone have any input for what I should expect out of this application process? What are the next steps I can take for the process?

University: Rochester Institute of Technology
Major: Biomedical Sciences
Overall GPA: 3.55
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.59
GRE: Q 158 V 157 AW 4.0

Experiences: Varsity track, Child Development Volunteer (Cross-Cultural Solutions), Army ROTC, Active duty Army engineer officer

Observation Hours: 60 hrs outpatient all unpaid at one location

Applying to: MGH Institute of Health Professions, Franklin Pierce University (NH), Simmons College, Boston University, Husson University

Acceptances: Simmons College, Franklin Pierce University (NH)

Waitlist: MGH

Rejections: BU(Incomplete application because they did not accept one of my prereqs)

Last edited:
Hey guys, below I wrote about myself. I'm getting nervous and anxious about the applications I have already submitted and submitting soon. Does anyone have any feedback? I changed my major after two years of undergrad and received a 3.6 GPA my last 3 semesters of college. Worked hard to bring my GPA up and have taken a few courses over again for a better grade. Didn't do amazing on verbal and quant on my first time on the GRE, hoping to bring up both scores to at least 152 minimum.

You guys think have a chance into getting into the programs I listed, or any recommendations of any programs I should look into?

University:
University of Maryland - College Park
Overall GPA: 3.34 (calculated by PTCAS)
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.4 (depending on program taking highest grade).
GRE: 149 Verbal, 150 Quant, 5.0 Writing (1st time). Second time on Oct. 13th.

Observation Hours:
  • 217 hours of outpatient (2 different settings).
  • 43 hours of inpatient (1 setting).
  • Currently working an inpatient setting as a rehab aide.
Extra-Curricular:
Founder/President/Senior advisor of Liberty in North Korea Rescue Team, four years of intramural sports, Korean Campus Ministry, guitar teacher, member/eboard of a professional fraternity, and secretary of habitat for humanity.

Volunteer:
Undergraduate learning assistant for biology, Praise team member, counselor, and mentor at my church, volunteer at a retirement living center, clinician at the children developmental clinic, and vacation bible school game leader/praise team leader/group leader.

Employment:
Rehabilitation assistant for an inpatient hospital, resident assistant at the University of Maryland, barista/kitchen staff at Kung Fu Tea, and weight/fitness staff and university’s gym.

Letter of Recommendations:
2 from PT’s, 1 from professor, and 1 from pastor.

Applying to:
Boston University, Elon University, George Washington University, Marymount University, MCPHS University, Shenandoah University, Temple University, University of Maryland - Baltimore, University of Maryland - Eastern Shore, University of New England, University of Washington, University of Pittsburgh.

Already applied to:
Elon University, Marymount University, Shenandoah University, UMD - Baltimore, UMD - Eastern Shore, and University of New England.

Interview: N/A

Denied: N/A

Accepted: N/A

I don't understand how everyone is posting their pre req gpa, isn't different for each school? Or is everyone posting what ptcas shows? Also I read that somewhere the pre req includes math as well, is that true? (for Pt cas pre req gpa)

Well, I've been looking at this forum for a little over a year and it's finally my turn to go through the exciting application cycle. Thanks to everyone who posted before that offered me insight in this process.

Overall GPA: 3.51
Pre-Req GPA: 3.45 (2 pre-reqs in progress)
GRE: 159V 158Q 4.0W

Extra-Curric: 1 varsity year track/xc, track and field club, Exercise Science Club, Southeast ACSM presenter 2017, Journal publication

Observation Hours:
  • 52 outpatient clinic
  • 29 outpatient rehab hospital
  • 10 inpatient acute care hospital
  • 11 inpatient SNF
Volunteer: Habitat for Humanity, school health services

Applying to: Augusta University, Armstrong State University, Mercer University, Wingate University

Acceptances: Wingate (11/1), Augusta (12/6) :soexcited:

Rejections:

Interviews: Mercer 11/18, Augusta 10/27

Last edited:
I don't understand how everyone is posting their pre req gpa, isn't different for each school? Or is everyone posting what ptcas shows? Also I read that somewhere the pre req includes math as well, is that true? (for Pt cas pre req gpa)[/QUOT
I don't understand how everyone is posting their pre req gpa, isn't different for each school? Or is everyone posting what ptcas shows? Also I read that somewhere the pre req includes math as well, is that true? (for Pt cas pre req gpa)
most people just calculate it themselves

University: Kansas State University - May 2016
Major: Kinesiology - Exercise Physiology
Minor: Business
Overall GPA: 3.95
Pre-Req GPA: 3.8+
GRE: Verbal: 162 (91%) Quantitative: 159 (73%) AW: 4.5 (82%)

Obs Hours (at time of submission, 8/15):
Complete
188 Outpatient (120 pediatric special needs, 68 Sports Medicine/Ortho)
20 Inpatient (Rehab, Skilled Nursing)
Planned
1200 Outpatient (PT Tech at Sports Medicine/Ortho clinic)
20+ Inpatient

Extra-Curric: Strength & Conditioning Assistant with D1 Athletes, Weightlifting Workshop host for high schoolers, Assistant Coach for Junior High football camps, Pre-PT, Pre-Med, Cadaver Dissection student and later instructor, other various medical and sports activities

Applied ED: Kansas University Medical Center
Accepted ED: Kansas University Medical Center

Reactions: 2 users
University: University of Florida
Major: Applied Physiology and Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.31
Pre-Req GPA: 3.3-3.4 (depending on school)
GRE: 156 Verbal, 153 Quant, 5.0 Writing

E-Submit: 7/19/2017
Verified: 7/21/2017

Observation Hours: 300+ outpatient-private practice, 12 acute rehab, 20 occupational/industrial health, 5 health/wellness
Extracurriculars: Research assistant, Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, a few Asian clubs/leadership positions on campus, 2 jobs
Honors: Dean’s List, a couple scholarships
Certifications: Adult and Child CPR/AED, BLS

LORs: 2 PTs, 1 supervisor, and 1 professor in major (cautiously optimistic that all would be strong letters)

Applying to: UF (7/19), UCF (8/26), UM (8/26), Lynchburg (8/26), UIC (8/26), MGHIHP (9/16), VCU (9/30)

Interviews:
UM (10/26)

Acceptances:
Lynchburg (10/2) :soexcited:

Rejections:

Last edited:
University: University of Florida
Major: Applied Physiology and Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.31
Pre-Req GPA: 3.3-3.4 (depending on school)
GRE: 156 Verbal, 153 Quant, 5.0 Writing

E-Submit: 7/19/2017
Verified: 7/21/2017

Observation Hours: 300+ outpatient-private practice, 12 acute rehab, 20 occupational/industrial health, 5 health/wellness
Extracurriculars: Research assistant, Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, a few Asian clubs/leadership positions on campus, 2 jobs
Honors: Dean’s List, a couple scholarships
Certifications: Adult and Child CPR/AED, BLS

LORs: 2 PTs, 1 supervisor, and 1 professor in major (cautiously optimistic that all would be strong letters)

Applying to: UF (7/19), UCF (8/26), UM (8/26), Lynchburg (8/26), UIC (8/26), VCU (9/30), MGHIHP (9/16)

Interviews:
UM (10/26)

Acceptances:
Lynchburg (10/2) :soexcited:

Rejections:
Congratulations!
I received a phone call from Lynchburg today, saying that I have been accepted too!