GPA's, GRE's, XTRA's, ACCEPTANCES

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Free tuition?

Was joking, but unless they have crazy scholarships, I wouldn't want to pay for Pacific U. Didn't you get a crazy award from CSUN though?

Members don't see this ad.

Was joking, but unless they have crazy scholarships, I wouldn't want to pay for Pacific U. Didn't you get a crazy award from CSUN though?
Ohhh gotcha haha. Yeah but I decided to go to NAU. 2.5 years program and brand new facilities for just as cheap is hard to beat.

Members don't see this ad :)
Still hoping for the best!!

Undergrad: University of Florida
Major: Nutritional Sciences
Cumulative GPA: 3.17
PTCAS GPA: 3.18
GRE: 149V, 153Q, 3.5W
Letters of Recommendation: (4 total): Biology professor, former employer (politician), 2 PT's

Extra Curricular: 100+ hours in a pre-health society (worked with disable children to get them to become more active), Food Science & Human Nutrition Club, Power-lifting Club, Political Intern for 2 years

Observation: 32 at an Orthopedic and Sports Clinic, 35 at a Sports Medicine Institute, 3o inpatient hours,and 30 hours in a pediatric PT clinic

Submitted PTCAS: 8/20

Verified on PTCAS: 8/25

Applied: Long Island University - Brooklyn Campus, Touro College - Manhattan Campus, NYU, CUNY, UF, USF, Augusta, UAB, Alabama State, and Brenau

Interviews: N/A

Accepted: N/A

Rejected: CUNY, Augusta, UAB, NYU, and USF

Final Update!!
University: University of Illinois
Major: Political Science
Overall GPA: 3.74
Pre-Req GPA: depends on school 3.97
GRE: 163V, 162Q, 5.0W

Observation Hours: Around 150 total including outpatient, inpatient, rehab, home health and pediatrics

Applied: Regis, CU Denver, Northwestern, UIC, Miami, USC, Pacific, MGH IHP, Boston University

Acceptances: CU Denver, Northwestern, UIC, MGH IHP, BU

Rejections: None :)

Interviews: Regis (1/30), CU Denver (1/28), Miami (11/11), Pacific (Declined)

Waitlisted: None :)

Still waiting to hear back from Regis, Miami and USC but will be declining any admissions offers and attending CU Denver!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Final Update!!
University: University of Illinois
Major: Political Science
Pre-Req GPA: depends on school 3.97
GRE: 163V, 162Q, 5.0W

Observation Hours: Around 150 total including outpatient, inpatient, rehab, home health and pediatrics

Applied: Regis, CU Denver, Northwestern, UIC, Miami, USC, Pacific, MGH IHP, Boston University

Acceptances: CU Denver, Northwestern, UIC, MGH IHP, BU

Rejections: None :)

Interviews: Regis (1/30), CU Denver (1/28), Miami (11/11), Pacific (Declined)

Waitlisted: None :)

Still waiting to hear back from Regis, Miami and USC but will be declining any admissions offers and attending CU Denver!!!
@runnerfish I'll most likely be seeing you there!!!! :)

Update!
University: California State University
Major: Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.86
Pre-Req GPA: 3.7-3.8 depending on the school
GRE: 151Q, 153V, 5.0AW
Hours: 500 outpatient hours and 100 pediatric hours

Applying: CSULB, CSUN, Chapman, Eastern Washington, NAU, UCSF/SFSU, Pittsburgh, Puget Sound, Washington, SDSU
Interviews: NAU (declined), SFSU (declined)
Acceptance: Chapman (11/23), CSULB (2/6)-originally waitlisted
Rejections: EWU, Puget Sound, SDSU
Waitlist: Pittsburgh (12/6), CSULB (High-tier), CSUN (#27)

Reactions: 1 user
Update

Major
: Clinical Physiology
Minor: Biology
Pre-Req GPA: 3.85
GRE:
-First attempt: 146V, 142Q, 5AW
-Second attempt: 149V, 144Q, 4.5AW
Extra-Curricular: Working for 3+ years at Costco

Observation Hours:
50 hours outpatient, 400+ hours inpatient

Applied:
CSULB, CSUN, Chapman, Pacific University, University of Puget Sound, University of the Pacific, University of Washington, West Coast University

Accepted: CSULB

Waitlisted:
CSULB (high-tier) on 1/18, Chapman (1/20)

Denied: CSUN (wrong physics class) on 1/13, University of Puget Sound (2/1)

Interviews:
West Coast University on 1/27, University of the Pacific (2/3), Pacific University (2/11 - declined)

Last edited:
Hey guys - I'm new to this forum but have been reading through your posts over the past few weeks trying to figure out when I would hear back from certain schools! I thought I would post my stats to give hope to all non-traditional students out there. I don't have an undergrad science degree, perfect GRE scores, nor a perfect GPA. I also submitted my application pretty late (a few days before some of the deadlines) But it's clear to me that there is more to an application than the numbers. I believe my essays, my LORs and my diverse experiences are what led me to my acceptances. Any questions - don't hesitate to message me.

University: University of Virginia 2011
Undergrad Major: Latin American Studies, Music
Undergrad GPA: 3.46
Pre-Req (Post-Bac) GPA: 3.74 (PTCAS), 3.83 (other schools)
GRE:157/155/4.0

PTCAS submitted: 9/30 | Verified: 10/19

Extra-Curric: USA Triathlon coach, General Chemistry TA, Working as a PT aide the past two years, President of college a cappella group, Choreographer for theatre group in college, Volunteer work in Brazil, Study abroad in Peru

Volunteer: ~4,000 outpatient at sports ortho clinic, 100 inpatient at hospital, 20 outpatient at hospital

LOR: 1 employer (also PT and owner of clinic), 1 staff PT from hospital, 1 Chemistry professor (also employer when I was a TA), 1 Biology professor.

Applied: MGH IHP, VCU, George Washington, CU Denver, Regis, Puget Sound, Northeastern, University of Washington

Interviews: GW (1/14), Regis (1/27), CU Denver (1/28)

Acceptances: MGH IHP ($50k scholarship - 1/3 - put down deposit), VCU (12/15 - declined), George Washington (1/27), Puget Sound (2/1), CU Denver (2/2), Regis (2/6)

Rejections: None

Waitlist: N/A

So I'm pretty torn right now trying to decide.. I'm going to decline GWU. CU Denver is one of my top choices but they need a deposit by 2/17, and I really loved the Regis interview. I'll have to make a list of pros and cons. If I get accepted into University of Washington, I'll have to plan a quick trip to visit UW and Puget Sound, since I've never been and don't want to make a decision without having visited. I'm thankful to have the decisions to make, but as you can see I don't know what to do right now!

I got waitlisted at USC and MUSC too (I live in SC too). I think they're really picky about have experiences in multiple settings. I had 175+ hours in outpatient, but I think they really want people who have experience in both inpatient and outpatient.

I heard the same thing. Hopefully you are at the top of the waitlist!

Last edited:
Final Post:

University: UC
Major: Exercise & Movement Science
Overall GPA: 3.65 (Last 60: 3.91)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.46
GRE: 150Q, 152V, 4 AW

Extra-Curric: Rehab Aide @ UC Medical Center (Acute Inpatient, 1000+ hours), Health Sciences Club, College of Allied Health Sciences Ambassador, Intramural Sports, Tutoring, University Health Screening Assistant. Mobility Tech @ UC Medical Center.
Volunteer: Cincy Reds Split-the-Pot Fundraiser, Cincy Children's Inpatient/Outpatient PT/OT, American Heart Association Heart Mini, and more. 700+ obs hours in orthopedic rehab/acute inpatient/pediatric inpatient/outpatient, practice dummy for PT students.
Certification: CPR/AED
Letters of Rec: 1 from an exercise physiologist (professor), 1 from physician (professor), and one from a PT (who is also the PT supervisor at my hospital).
Applying: U of Cincy, Mt. St. Joseph, Toledo, Marshall, Indiana State, Walsh, Bellarmine, Evansville
Interviews:
Mount St. Joseph ED (11/18)
Bellarmine (12/2, declined)
Indiana State (12/3, declined)
Marshall (1/4, declined)
Evansville (1/6, declined)
Walsh (declined)
Waitlist: Toledo
Acceptance: Mount St. Joseph (12/1)
Rejection:

Attending MSJ. Kinda wish I went to the other 5 interviews just for the hell of it, but staying in Cincinnati was my main priority. I've heard nothing back from UC at this time.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
University: University of the Pacific
Major: Health, Exercise, and Sport Sciences
Pre-Req GPA: 3.64 (Self-reported)
GRE: 152-V, 155-Q, 3.5-W

Extra-Currie: Freshman baseball coach, Pancreatic Cancer Action Network, and work experience in IT jobs

Volunteer: Stanford/Valley Care 52 hours inpatient and 170 outpatient hours at local clinic

Acceptances: None

Rejections: Western U (1/18)

Interviews: Western U (1/10), CSU Fresno (2/4), CSU Sacramento (2/4), University of the Pacific (1/27)

Waitlist: Chapman (1/23) and Samuel Merritt (1/18)

Starting to get anxious, hopefully I will hear back soon:)

University: UF
Major: Biomedical Engineering
Minor: Medical Sciences
Overall GPA: 3.94
Pre-Req GPA: 3.9-4.0 (depending on school)
GRE: 167 Q 164 V 5.5 AW

Extra Curric: OR Assistant for 2.5 years, SigEp Chapter President, Health Sciences Club President, Rehab Aide (freshman year), TA for Exercise Phys I & II. Tutor for O-Chem and A&P

Volunteer: Ronald McDonald house weekly volunteer, Children's Hospital volunteer, various one day events. Florida Gators football assistant athletic trainer.

Applied: St. Augustine

Accepted: none

Rejected: U of St. Augustine (2/6) (wrong physics class)

I guess I'll try again next year. :mad:

University: UF
Major: Biomedical Engineering
Minor: Medical Sciences
Overall GPA: 3.94
Pre-Req GPA: 3.9-4.0 (depending on school)
GRE: 167 Q 164 V 5.5 AW

Extra Curric: OR Assistant for 2.5 years, SigEp Chapter President, Health Sciences Club President, Rehab Aide (freshman year), TA for Exercise Phys I & II. Tutor for O-Chem and A&P

Volunteer: Ronald McDonald house weekly volunteer, Children's Hospital volunteer, various one day events. Florida Gators football assistant athletic trainer.

Applied: St. Augustine

Accepted: none

Rejected: U of St. Augustine (2/6) (wrong physics class)

I guess I'll try again next year. :mad:

Definitely get that physics class sorted and re-apply because your stats are pretty impressive. Other than not knowing exact hours of observation in various settings, I think I can speak for most people on this forum and say that if you fulfill the proper requirements, you should be accepted to most programs based on your stats. Unfortunate turnout this round, but best of luck!

UPDATE

University: Old Dominion
Major: Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.56
Pre-Req GPA: 3.44
GRE: 152 V, 152 Q, 4.5 A

Observation: 80 outpatient (two separate locations), 20 pediatrics

Extra-Curric/Volunteer: Delta Zeta - Theta Phi Sorority, Alpha Phi Omega - service fraternity, National Society of Leadership and Success

Applied: UNC - Chapel Hill, Drexel, Pitt, Widener, ODU, VCU, Duke, University of South Carolina, MUSC

Acceptances: Widener (1/13)

Waitlists: Drexel (1/5), MUSC (1/27), ODU (1/30), Pitt (2/2)

Rejections: UNC - Chapel Hill (12/7), University of South Carolina (2/7)

Interviews: Drexel (12/9), Widener (1/12)

*** FINAL UPDATE ****

Undergrad
: CU BOULDER
Major: Integrative Physiology
GPA:
Prereq-GPA: 3.92 (PTCAS)
GRE: 152V, 155Q, 4.5W
Observation Hours: 25 neuro/inpatient, 15 hospital/acute, 950 ortho outpatient
Extras: Anatomy TA, cadaver lab TA, neuroscience and calculus tutor, service trips to Thailand, middle school youth group leader, two years experience in neuroscience research labs running fMRI studies, crisis text line volunteer

Applied: U of Colorado, Duke, Northwestern

Acceptances: Northwestern (10/10), Duke (12/13), U of Colorado (2/2) :claps:
Declined:
Northwestern (1/5), Duke (2/7)

I'll be attending U of Colorado Denver! THANK THE LORD this application journey is over :) Good luck to everyone else still making their decision/waiting to hear back!

Reactions: 7 users
I got waitlisted at USC and MUSC too (I live in SC too). I think they're really picky about have experiences in multiple settings. I had 175+ hours in outpatient, but I think they really want people who have experience in both inpatient and outpatient.

I have been accepted to MUSC with no inpatient hours and had about 175 hours in outpatient as well. I agree it's an important component but I think LOR and extracurriculars play a significant role as well

University: University of Cincinnati/NKU/San Antonio College/Touro College
Major: Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.73
Pre-Req GPA: 3.97 (2 more yet to finish)
GRE: Q-157, V-151, AW-4.0

Observation Hours: 1400 Ortho oupatient, 170 Neuro/Ortho oupatient, 20 Geriatric inpatient

Extras: Nursing home volunteer, JV high school basketball coach

Applied: University of Dayton

Acceptances: University of Dayton (9/16)

Interviews: UD

Just wondering, is anyone on here going to Dayton this coming Fall (2017)? It would be amazing to get in touch with anyone who's starting then, thanks!

University: Drew University
Major: Biology
Over All GPA: 3.17
Pre-Req GPA: 3.2-3.3 depending on program
GRE: Q156 V146 W3

Extracurricular: 4 year collegiate athlete (baseball), Habitat for Humanity
Certificates: CPR & AED certified

Observation Hours: 99 inpatient- acute rehab, cardiac ICU; 1500+ out patient orthopedic physical therapy (2 settings)
PTCAS submitted: 6/30/2016
PTCAS verified: 7/15/2016

Applied: Thomas Jefferson, NYIT, Stony Brook University, SUNY Downstate, Hunter College, LIU Brooklyn, University of Scranton, Drexel, Touro College- Bayshore campus, Lynchburg College, Daemen College, D' Youville College

Interviews: NYIT, Thomas Jefferson

Accepted: N/A
Waitlisted: Thomas Jefferson (11/14), Lynchburg College (2/3)
Rejected: NYIT, Stony Brook, Hunter College, University of Scranton, Drexel
Still Waiting: SUNY Downstate, LIU Brooklyn, Touro, Daemen College, D' Youville College

****Final Update!!!****

University:
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Major: Public Health - Global Health Studies
Overall GPA: 3.63, 3.68 after academic update on PTCAS
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.25 (depending on the school)
GRE: 153V, 156Q, 4.0AW

Extra-Curric: Student Government, Indian Dance Team, Pre-PT Society, Public Health Student Association

Volunteer: 100 hours, 3 settings

Applied: UIC, Northwestern, Emory (my #1), Mercer, Drexel, Rutgers, UF, USF, UAB, UMMC

Interviews: Rutgers North (11/18), Drexel (12/9), Mercer (1/14), Emory (1/20), UMMC (1/24) - declined, UAB (1/27),

Acceptances: Northwestern University (10/10), Rutgers (1/5), Emory (1/31), UAB (2/7)

Waitlisted: Drexel (1/5), USF (1/24), Mercer (2/8)

Rejections:
UIC (12/15)

ATTENDING: Emory University!!! :soexcited:

Reactions: 9 users
UPDATE:

Institution: Georgia Gwinnett College
Cumulative GPA: 3.50
Pre-Req GPA: 3.36
GRE: 154V/153Q/4.0W

Hours: 2000+ outpatient (orthopedic) as a PT technician/aide
75 outpatient (sports)
20 inpatient (sub-acute/rehabilitation)
15 inpatient (acute)
15 outpatient neuro (Shepherd Center)

EC's: 4 year college athlete, National Society of Leadership and Success, Kappa Omicron Nu Exercise Science Honor Society, B.E.A.R.S Club (Bridging Exercise and Real Science)

Applying: UF, UNF, MUSC, Florida Gulf Coast University, Nova Southeastern- Ft. Lauderdale, Mercer
Interviews: Mercer (1/14)
Acceptances: Nova Southeastern- Ft. Lauderdale
Wait-Listed: MUSC, Mercer
Rejections: UNF, FGCU

Just about all of my answers have come in now with the exception of UF. Unless something miraculous happens and I'm accepted to UF, it looks like I'll end up at Nova in May!

Best of luck to everyone still waiting on responses and congratulations to everyone who has been accepted!

UPDATE:

Institution: Georgia Gwinnett College
Cumulative GPA: 3.50
Pre-Req GPA: 3.36
GRE: 154V/153Q/4.0W

Hours: 2000+ outpatient (orthopedic) as a PT technician/aide
75 outpatient (sports)
20 inpatient (sub-acute/rehabilitation)
15 inpatient (acute)
15 outpatient neuro (Shepherd Center)

EC's: 4 year college athlete, National Society of Leadership and Success, Kappa Omicron Nu Exercise Science Honor Society, B.E.A.R.S Club (Bridging Exercise and Real Science)

Applying: UF, UNF, MUSC, Florida Gulf Coast University, Nova Southeastern- Ft. Lauderdale, Mercer
Interviews: Mercer (1/14)
Acceptances: Nova Southeastern- Ft. Lauderdale
Wait-Listed: MUSC, Mercer
Rejections: UNF, FGCU

Just about all of my answers have come in now with the exception of UF. Unless something miraculous happens and I'm accepted to UF, it looks like I'll end up at Nova in May!

Best of luck to everyone still waiting on responses and congratulations to everyone who has been accepted!
when did u hear from FGCU?

when did u hear from FGCU?
I didn't officially, but the last e-mail I received stated they were reviewing all applications and their interviews were the last weekend of January and the first weekend of February. Since I didn't hear anything else before those dates, or even now, I assume I did not get in since I wasn't even offered an interview.

University: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Overall GPA: 3.57
Pre-Req GPA: 3.22
GRE: 148V, 153Q, 4AW

Extra-Curric: Pre-PT club, EMWA

Volunteer: approx. 100 hours in 3 setting

Applied: Northwestern, UIC, Governor's State, Rosalind Franklin, Midwestern-Downer's Grove

Acceptances: Governors State, Northwestern University (Was taken off of the wait list)
Rejections: UIC

Interviews: Governor's State on 12/9

I didn't officially, but the last e-mail I received stated they were reviewing all applications and their interviews were the last weekend of January and the first weekend of February. Since I didn't hear anything else before those dates, or even now, I assume I did not get in since I wasn't even offered an interview.
ok same here...

Update:
University: University of the Pacific
Major: Health, Exercise, and Sport Sciences
Pre-Req GPA: 3.64 (Self-reported)
GRE: 152-V, 155-Q, 3.5-W

Extra-Curric: Freshman baseball coach, Pancreatic Cancer Action Network, and work experience in IT jobs

Volunteer: Stanford/Valley Care 52 hours inpatient and 170 outpatient hours at local clinic

Acceptances: University of the Pacific (2/9):soexcited:

Rejections: Western U (1/18)

Interviews: Western U (1/10), CSU Fresno (2/4), CSU Sacramento (2/4), University of the Pacific (1/27)

Waitlist: Chapman (1/23), Samuel Merritt (1/18), and CSU Fresno (2/9)

Reactions: 2 users
Update

Major
GRE:

Observation Hours:

Applied:
CSULB, CSUN, Chapman, Pacific University, University of Puget Sound, University of the Pacific, University of Washington, West Coast University

Accepted:
CSULB, University of the Pacific (2/9), West Coast University (2/2) (declined)

Waitlisted: CSULB (high-tier) on 1/18, Chapman (1/20)

Interviews:
West Coast University on 1/27, University of the Pacific (2/3), Pacific University (2/11 - declined)

Update

Major
GRE:

Observation Hours:

Applied:

Accepted:
CSULB, University of the Pacific (2/9), West Coast University (2/2) (declined)

Waitlisted: CSULB (high-tier) on 1/18, Chapman (1/20)

Interviews:
CSUN told Me I had the wrong physics class too at first. I had to send them an email from physics chair to accept my classes.

CSUN told Me I had the wrong physics class too at first. I had to send them an email from physics chair to accept my classes.
That might have been my problem, I sent it directly to the admissions department. I asked them to check my syllabi since CSULB and Chapman both considered it acceptable, but I never heard back from CSUN.

That might have been my problem, I sent it directly to the admissions department. I asked them to check my syllabi since CSULB and Chapman both considered it acceptable, but I never heard back from CSUN.
I'm guessing it's a little too late now haha but it would've maybe helped

I will be applying this upcoming round, and wanted to see what you thought of my application so far. And if you could point me in directions that would help my application be stronger. I still have 2 semesters left but should bring my GPA up to around a 3.66. And I am currently studying for the GRE as of right now.

Undergrad: University of Utah (Exercise Sport Science)
Overall GPA: 3.6 ^^
Pre-req GPA: 3.59^^
Work Experience: Currently an PT Rehab Aide Ambassador for USOAR, a Stroke Rehab Group @ UofU Hospital,
Wasatch Adaptive Sports 1 Season
Spring Mobile: 1.5 years Sales Associate
Sportsmed Physical Therapy: 9 months Pt Aide
Human Physiology TA- 1 Semester.
Volunteer: U-Fit Spring Semester, Maliheh Free Clinic Wellness Coach, Sunday School Instructor @ Church, 6 Month Church Service Mission in Brisbane Austrailia, 18 month Church Service Mission in Toronto Canada.
Extra Curricular- Competitive Freestyle Skier, Marathon Runner, Adaptive Sports(cycling, skiing), Pre-Pt Club, The National Society of Leadership and Success, Deans List (2x)
Certifications: AHA BLS: CPR/AED
Letters of Rec.
1. PT from a job I worked at.
2. Human Phys Professor I TA'ed for
3. Current Employer
Observation Hours: 700+ hours Outpatient Ortho, 30 hours Neuro, 10 hours different Outpatient Ortho

Planning on Applying: 1. Uof U, EWU, Nova Southeastern, Emory, Missoula Montana, Florida Gulf Coast U, NAU.

These forums have been a real help. Thanks Guys!

Last edited:
I will be applying this upcoming round, and wanted to see what you thought of my stats. And really point me in directions that would help my application be stronger. I still have 2 semesters left but should bring my GPA up to around a 3.66. And I am currently studying for the GRE.
Undergrad: University of Utah (Exercise Sport Science)
Overall GPA: 3.6 ^^
Pre-req GPA: 3.59^^
Work Experience: Currently an PT Rehab Aide Ambassador for USOAR, a Stroke Rehab Group @ UofU Hospital,
Wasatch Adaptive Ski for a season
Spring Mobile: 1.5 years Sales Associate
Sportsmed Physical Therapy: 9 months Pt Aide
Human Physiology TA- 1 Semester.
Volunteer: U-Fit Spring Semester, Maliheh Free Clinic Wellness Coach, Sunday School Instructor @ Church, 6 Month Church Service Mission in Brisbane Austrailia, 18 month Church Service Mission in Toronto Canada.
Extra Curricular- Competitive Freestyle Skier, Marathon Runner, Backpacking Enthusiast, Adaptive Sports(cycling, skiing), Pre-Pt Club, The National Society of Leadership and Success, Deans List (2x)
Certifications: AHA BLS: CPR/AED
Letters of Rec.
1. PT from a job I worked at.
2. Human Phys Professor I TA'ed for
3. Current Employer

Planning on Applying: 1. Uof U, EWU, Nova Southeastern, Emory, Missoula Montana, Florida Gulf Coast U, NAU.

Thanks Guys!

A lot depends on your GRE scores and letters of rec at this point. Get as many hours in various settings as possible as most schools prefer 3 or more settings. Also, applying out-of-state to public schools is extremely competitive as most only accept a small percentage of out-of-state applicants and mainly pull from in-state, or at least in-region. This is not the case with private institutions. I have been accepted to Nova, but rejected from FGCU this cycle and I am a Georgia resident- just a personal example of private vs. public. I hope some of this helps and if you have any questions, feel free to reply here or PM me. This is my second round of applying, so I have a bit of experience in rejections and what not to do. Best of luck!

Major: Kinesiology- Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.68
Pre-Req GPA: 3.3-3.55, depending on school
GRE: 161Q, 152V, 4.0A

Extra-Curric: 4-year D1 Athlete, Pre-PT Club Officer, SAAC Officer, Dance Marathon Team Captain. 500+ Hours volunteering in various settings: Weekly at Ronald McDonald House, Week-long service trip in a third world country, served meals to the homeless weekly, local children’s hospital events/activities
Hours: ~300 in outpatient ortho, peds, acute care, hippotherapy

Applied: Delaware, George Washington, UF, Emory, UNC, UNT, UTMB

Acceptances: GW (12/9), Delaware (1/18), UNC (1/27), Emory (1/31)
Interviews: UTMB (11/4), GW (11/11), Delaware (1/5), Emory (1/20), UNC (1/21)
Waitlisted: UTMB (11/8, then again 1/13), UF (3/16)
Rejections: UNT (12/7)
Attending: EMORY UNIVERSITY!!!:soexcited:

E-submitted: 9/14
PTCAS verified: 9/21

I'm SO thankful this process is coming to a close for me and want to wish the best of luck you all! I have gotten so much helpful information and advice from this forum and hope I can share what I've learned with the future PTs to come!

Last edited:
This site heavily guided me from the beginning of my physical therapy adventure, back when I had absolutely no idea about where to start, what a good/bad GRE score was, if the prestige of the school matters, etc. The least I can do at this point is post my final statistics before I embark on my journey into physical therapy school in the hopes that someone else (likely someone interested in attending Sac State) can have a better idea of where they stand (and hopefully give them hope!).

University:
California State University, Sacramento
Overall GPA: 3.85
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.77
GRE: 159 Q, 159 V, 5.5 AW

Extracurricular: Steady Part-Time Jobs (Unrelated to Physical Therapy), Tutoring, Small Volunteer Work
Hours: ~230 (Acute Care, SNF, Sub-Acute, Outpatient Orthopedics)

Applied: CSU Sacramento, CSU Northridge
Interviews: CSU Sacramento (2/4)
Waitlisted: CSU Northridge (#40, 1/13)
Acceptances: CSU Sacramento (2/10)

ATTENDING: California State University, Sacramento

University: University of Kentucky
Major: Kinesiology- Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.68
Pre-Req GPA: 3.3-3.55, depending on school
GRE: 161Q, 152V, 4.0A

Extra-Curric: 4-year D1 Athlete, Pre-PT Club Officer, SAAC Officer, Dance Marathon Team Captain. 500+ Hours volunteering in various settings: Weekly at Ronald McDonald House, Week-long service trip in a third world country, served meals to the homeless weekly, local children’s hospital events/activities
Hours: ~300 in outpatient ortho, peds, acute care, hippotherapy

Applied: Delaware, George Washington, UF, Emory, UNC, UNT, UTMB

Acceptances: GW (12/9), Delaware (1/18), UNC (1/27), Emory (1/31)
Interviews: UTMB (11/4), GW (11/11), Delaware (1/5), Emory (1/20), UNC (1/21)
Waitlisted: UTMB (11/8, then again 1/13)
Rejections: UNT (12/7)
Attending: EMORY UNIVERSITY!!!:soexcited:

E-submitted: 9/14
PTCAS verified: 9/21

I'm SO thankful this process is coming to a close for me and want to wish the best of luck you all! I have gotten so much helpful information and advice from this forum and hope I can share what I've learned with the future PTs to come!

Congratulations!! See you in June! ;)

This site heavily guided me from the beginning of my physical therapy adventure, back when I had absolutely no idea about where to start, what a good/bad GRE score was, if the prestige of the school matters, etc. The least I can do at this point is post my final statistics before I embark on my journey into physical therapy school in the hopes that someone else (likely someone interested in attending Sac State) can have a better idea of where they stand (and hopefully give them hope!).

University:
California State University, Sacramento
Overall GPA: 3.85
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.77
GRE: 159 Q, 159 V, 5.5 AW

Extracurricular: Steady Part-Time Jobs (Unrelated to Physical Therapy), Tutoring, Small Volunteer Work
Hours: ~230 (Acute Care, SNF, Sub-Acute, Outpatient Orthopedics)

Applied: CSU Sacramento, CSU Northridge
Interviews: CSU Sacramento (2/4)
Waitlisted: CSU Northridge (#40, 1/13)
Acceptances: CSU Sacramento (2/10)

ATTENDING: California State University, Sacramento

go boogie

University: Thomas Edison State University
Major: Natural Science/Math
Over All GPA: 4.0
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
GRE: Q159 V157 W4.5

Observation Hours: 30 inpatient/skilled nursing facility, 50 outpatient clinic
References: 2 PT's, 1 Anatomy & Physiology Professor, 1 Academic Advisor

Applied: UDel (Early Decision), Ohio State, Thomas Jefferson, Temple, Belmont, Mount St. Joseph
Interviews: UDel (Sep 12), OSU (n/a, open house 1/28), TJU (12/1), Temple (12/2), Belmont (11/18), MSJ (1/13/17)
Accepted: OSU (12/21), TJU (12/19)
Rejected: UDel, Belmont

Waiting to hear from Temple - anyone know how many offers they've made and/or how many seats are left?

Probably going to decline interview at Mount St. Joseph, was my 4th choice anyway

I was at the same UDel interview as you. Did they say anything to you about being added to waitlist?

Final Update

Gpa- 3.9
Science- 3.87
Gre- 162 q 160 v 4.0 awa
Hours- 230
Non PT Volunteer hours- 9000
Applied- CSUN, touro, ewu, fresno, sac state, UW, puget sound, NAU, UNLV
Extra- Adjunct Anatomy and Physiology Professor, fluent in 4 languages

Offered- CSUN, Touro University, Eastern Washington, NAU, Sac State, University of Washington
Interview offers- CSUF (decline), NAU, UNLV (decline), Sac State
Rejected- Puget Sound

Attending NAU Phoenix Site!

Wow. Puget Sound rejected you with those stats and extras?! This admissions process seriously seems arbitrary sometimes...

Final Update

Gpa- 3.9
Science- 3.87
Gre- 162 q 160 v 4.0 awa
Hours- 230

Offered- CSUN, Touro University, Eastern Washington, NAU, Sac State, University of Washington
Rejected- Puget Sound

Final Update

Gpa- 3.9
Science- 3.87
Gre- 162 q 160 v 4.0 awa
Hours- 230

Rejected- Puget Sound

4 languages? Where did you serve your mish?

Wow. Puget Sound rejected you with those stats and extras?! This admissions process seriously seems arbitrary sometimes...
That's what my wife thought too haha. I emailed them to ask why and I didn't get a response. Perhaps I'm not diverse enough? White male, 24, from CA...haha

4 languages? Where did you serve your mish?
Philippines - I learned Tagalog there. But I learned asl and translated a bit in high school and then learned Filipino sign language to help teach a certain group of deaf people in the Philippines

UPDATE!
University:
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Overall GPA: 3.75
Pre-Req GPA: 3.75
Past 60 Hours GPA: 3.94
GRE: 1st attempt: 157V 152Q 4.0AW, 2nd attempt: 157V 159Q 3.5AW

Extra-Curric:
Aquatic exercise assistant for students with disabilities
Undergrad Assistant for exercise based after school program
Lifeguard
Junior Lifeguard Sports Coach
Sports Fitness Program Swim Instructor
Personal Trainer

Volunteer/Observation Hours:
Inpatient (126 hours)
Outpatient (40 hours)
Physical Therapy clinic for students and athletes with disabilities (38+ hours)
TOTAL Observation hours: 204

Applied: UIC, Northwestern, College of St. Scholastica, Governors State, Bradley, Mercer, Missouri State, Rosalind Franklin

Acceptances: Northwestern University (10/10), Governors State (12/14), Rosalind Franklin University (1/9), College of St. Scholastica (2/2), UIC (2/13) !!!

Waitlist: Bradley (12/8), UIC (12/15), College of St. Scholastica (1/19)

Rejections:

Interviews: Governors State (12/13), Rosalind Franklin (1/7), Mercer University (1/14 declined), Missouri State University (1/14 declined)

UIC was my dream school going into undergrad, but I never let myself indulge in that dream so I wouldn't get my hopes up. After committing to Rosalind Franklin, visiting, and meeting all the professors and new students I felt so rooted into the school! I had to make a tough choice but in the end I think UIC is the right way to go for me. I will be freeing up a spot at Rosalind Franklin, so I hope that can help somebody here! :)

UPDATE!
University:
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Overall GPA: 3.75
Pre-Req GPA: 3.75
Past 60 Hours GPA: 3.94
GRE: 1st attempt: 157V 152Q 4.0AW, 2nd attempt: 157V 159Q 3.5AW

Extra-Curric:
Aquatic exercise assistant for students with disabilities
Undergrad Assistant for exercise based after school program
Lifeguard
Junior Lifeguard Sports Coach
Sports Fitness Program Swim Instructor
Personal Trainer

Volunteer/Observation Hours:
Inpatient (126 hours)
Outpatient (40 hours)
Physical Therapy clinic for students and athletes with disabilities (38+ hours)
TOTAL Observation hours: 204

Applied: UIC, Northwestern, College of St. Scholastica, Governors State, Bradley, Mercer, Missouri State, Rosalind Franklin

Acceptances: Northwestern University (10/10), Governors State (12/14), Rosalind Franklin University (1/9), College of St. Scholastica (2/2), UIC (2/13) !!!

Waitlist: Bradley (12/8), UIC (12/15), College of St. Scholastica (1/19)

Rejections:

Interviews: Governors State (12/13), Rosalind Franklin (1/7), Mercer University (1/14 declined), Missouri State University (1/14 declined)

UIC was my dream school going into undergrad, but I never let myself indulge in that dream so I wouldn't get my hopes up. After committing to Rosalind Franklin, visiting, and meeting all the professors and new students I felt so rooted into the school! I had to make a tough choice but in the end I think UIC is the right way to go for me. I will be freeing up a spot at Rosalind Franklin, so I hope that can help somebody here! :)

Congrats, future classmate!!!!!

FINAL UPDATE!!!!

Major:
Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.45
Pre-Req GPA: 3.4 - 3.6 (depending on PTCAS or other schools)
GRE: 151 V 159 Q 4 AW

Extra-Curricular: Gross Anatomy Lab TA

LOR: 1 from Professor I TAed for, 1 from PT I shadowed

Observation Hours: 50 outpatient, 50inpatient

Applying To:
SUNY UBuffalo, CUNY Hunter, Nazareth, D'Youville College, Long Island University, SUNY Downstate

Interviews: Long Island University (declined), SUNY Downstate

Acceptances: SUNY Downstate, SUNY UBuffalo

Rejections: CUNY Hunter

ATTENDING: SUNY UBuffalo!

Undergrad: UMass Boston (took some pre-reqs at other state colleges)
Major: Exercise and Health Science (concentration in Health Science)
Cum GPA: 3.85
Prereq GPA: 3.87
GRE: 170V 158Q 4.5AW
Hours: 16 inpatient neuro, 40 volunteer outpatient ortho, 1000 outpatient ortho tech
(also worked 1000 as CNA inpatient, 400 as EKG tech, 1200 as HHA)
Letters: 3 ; 1 PT, 1 Bio instructor, 1 academic advisor

Applying : RGU, Boston University, MGHIHP, Simmons, University of Vermont, Umass Lowell, Georgia State, Armstrong State
Interviews: Georgia State (declined)
Acceptances: RGU (declined), UMass Lowell, Simmons (scholarship), MGHIHP (1/3)
Rejections: N/A

Congrats! Have you decided where you're going to attend?

FINAL UPDATE!!!!

Major:
Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.45
Pre-Req GPA: 3.4 - 3.6 (depending on PTCAS or other schools)
GRE: 151 V 159 Q 4 AW

Extra-Curricular: Gross Anatomy Lab TA

LOR: 1 from Professor I TAed for, 1 from PT I shadowed

Observation Hours: 50 outpatient, 50inpatient

Applying To:
SUNY UBuffalo, CUNY Hunter, Nazareth, D'Youville College, Long Island University, SUNY Downstate

Interviews: Long Island University (declined), SUNY Downstate

Acceptances: SUNY Downstate, SUNY UBuffalo

Rejections: CUNY Hunter

ATTENDING: SUNY UBuffalo!

congrats i went to UB for undergrad and did ES also..im attending NYU in the summer

Major: Biology
Overall GPA: 3.39 (PTCAS)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.20 (PTCAS)
GRE First time: 151Q, 158V, 3.5AW
GRE Second time: 150Q, 159V, 4.5AW
Hours: 58 outpatient, 8 inpatient
Recommendation Letters: 3 total: 1 physical therapist, 1 ex-phys professor, and 1 biotech internship direct supervisor

Applying: MGHIHP, UIC, GWU, UVM, Simmons
Interviews: GWU (1/11)
Acceptance: Simmons (12/21, 65k merit award), MGHIHP (02/08, accepted off waitlist)
Rejections: n/a
Waitlist: UIC (12/15), MGHIHP (01/03), UVM (1/25)

How did MGHIHP reach out to you? Email? Phone call? Thx.