Good Off Campus Housing in Ann Arbor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

S_Diamond_DDS

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
There are 7 or 8 D1's in my class that currently live in Munger. However, if you want to live alone I believe Munger does not offer single rooms. It isn't too far from the dental school at all. I would say it is a 10 minute walk (15 max) which is pretty average. It is a great place to study. In my opinion probably the best, cheapest and closest option near the dental school. Most people I know that live there are leaving next year to live with classmates.

Most people in our class live in one of the major apartment complex(s) near by (Foundry Lofts or KerryTown). These places are wayyy more expensive. Expect at least $1400-$1600 a month which is pretty standard for those places. A single has to be closer to almost $2,000 a month... I know most people will be moving from Foundry to houses nearby since they just saw it as the best option when they knew nothing about Ann Arbor.

If you are looking for the best closest place to live and don't want to break the bank, I would probably recommend your class FB page for posts about living with people. It definitely looks like spam at times, but it isn't a bad option to live with upperclassmen. It is how I ended up in my current house and I don't regret it at all. Besides that I would honestly check Ann Arbor housing FB pages or you could always look for apartments farther of campus. I would recommend kind of closer to campus (around within 1 mile) since the winters can be brutal but that is just me. If you have any more questions let me know!

I've been recommended Kerrytown frequently.
There are 7 or 8 D1's in my class that currently live in Munger. However, if you want to live alone I believe Munger does not offer single rooms. It isn't too far from the dental school at all. I would say it is a 10 minute walk (15 max) which is pretty average. It is a great place to study. In my opinion probably the best, cheapest and closest option near the dental school. Most people I know that live there are leaving next year to live with classmates.

Most people in our class live in one of the major apartment complex(s) near by (Foundry Lofts or KerryTown). These places are wayyy more expensive. Expect at least $1400-$1600 a month which is pretty standard for those places. A single has to be closer to almost $2,000 a month... I know most people will be moving from Foundry to houses nearby since they just saw it as the best option when they knew nothing about Ann Arbor.

If you are looking for the best closest place to live and don't want to break the bank, I would probably recommend your class FB page for posts about living with people. It definitely looks like spam at times, but it isn't a bad option to live with upperclassmen. It is how I ended up in my current house and I don't regret it at all. Besides that I would honestly check Ann Arbor housing FB pages or you could always look for apartments farther of campus. I would recommend kind of closer to campus (around within 1 mile) since the winters can be brutal but that is just me. If you have any more questions let me know!

@iono101 Thank you!!

@tarheel616 Thank you for the breakdown, it was a huge help in making my decision! I will be living in Munger this year.

Last edited: