DAT Gold Standard DAT Prep Book: Dental Admissions Test-Exam - Raffle & Product Info

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

.[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Description:

This brand new textbook comes with a complete science review in color, proven verbal and PAT strategies, clear approach to get into dental school. Also comes with free online access including: full length practice DAT, 10 hours of teaching videos, chapter review questions, equation lists and organic summary.

.Gold Standard DAT will give away one free copy of The Gold Standard DAT Book: Dental Admissions Test to one lucky member. Please note that the Gold Standard DAT book will be released in May 2011 and we will send the free book to you at that time. Winners for each raffle will be drawn from among the members who post questions about the product or otherwise meaningfully contribute to the discussion.

ADDENDUM: The book is now 4 books in color, 1400 pages, 2000 practice questions and information about a single free DAT practice test for anyone and a complete package (DAT books, DVDs, MP3s and more) can be found at the following websites:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I see the book wont be released untill May 2011, how did you go about creating this new book?

I was wondering if each of the sections has a mini quiz at the end, or are the only questions included in the DAT exam online

These books aren't just rehashed from the MCAT ones, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
I see the book wont be released untill May 2011, how did you go about creating this new book?

Step 1: listen to student complaints, what they hate about DAT books and other prep materials and why.

Step 2: use relevant material from our MCAT book and have dentist/doctor/teachers/writers create new material specific to the DAT and weave it together.

Step 3: bring a team of students who recently scored 26, 27 on the DAT and have them comb over each chapter one by one and criticize them.

Then we just keep working on it!

These books aren't just rehashed from the MCAT ones, right?
The great majority of the book contains brand new content: PAT, QR and RC are all specific to the DAT. Not to mention science topics like chemistry glassware, certain organic mechanisms, plant biology, and frankly, many, many more biology topics that would never be required for the MCAT, show up on the DAT.

I see… That is a good method. Being that I am currently studying for the DAT reading different forums and DAT discussions from students who have already taken the DAT, I’ve found that there are certain strengths and weaknesses to every study aid currently available. Thus in order to adequately prepare for the exam it requires that an individual such as myself who wants to score very favorably must turn to a vast variety of material sources to encompass the full review needed for this test. From what I’m reading you intend on summing up all the strengths in this one book and eliminating all the weakness to come up with one vast full bodied study source to aid in the review of this very important test… Bravo to your efforts, I do see a strong need in condensing the required study material for the test, and your company has seemed to find a solution to this problem so congratulations I look forward to seeing how your product stands up to its intent.

I see… That is a good method. Being that I am currently studying for the DAT reading different forums and DAT discussions from students who have already taken the DAT, I’ve found that there are certain strengths and weaknesses to every study aid currently available. Thus in order to adequately prepare for the exam it requires that an individual such as myself who wants to score very favorably must turn to a vast variety of material sources to encompass the full review needed for this test. From what I’m reading you intend on summing up all the strengths in this one book and eliminating all the weakness to come up with one vast full bodied study source to aid in the review of this very important test… Bravo to your efforts, I do see a strong need in condensing the required study material for the test, and your company has seemed to find a solution to this problem so congratulations I look forward to seeing how your product stands up to its intent.

Thanks but of course, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. Our aims are honorable but we must deliver in order to be sure that your interests are served.

What do you mean when you say the material contains "a clear approach to get into Dental School"? Just focusing on GPA/DAT and which school's are closest to your numbers, LORS, extracuriculars, things of this sort?

If a student would like to have more practice questions in addition to the review questions in this book, what other resources would you recommend?

I have a couple questions. I'm a bit concerned about my math skills and so I'm wondering if there are an adequate amount of practice math problems in this book? Also, will the online access portion of this book ever expire after I get the book?

What do you mean when you say the material contains "a clear approach to get into Dental School"? Just focusing on GPA/DAT and which school's are closest to your numbers, LORS, extracuriculars, things of this sort?
Yes, what you mentioned is correct. But specifically, we suggest ways to improve study habits to raise your GPA, etc.

If a student would like to have more practice questions in addition to the review questions in this book, what other resources would you recommend?
We also include a full length practice DAT online which comes with the book. If more practice is needed, we suggest TopScore.

I have a couple questions. I'm a bit concerned about my math skills and so I'm wondering if there are an adequate amount of practice math problems in this book?
The practice that comes with the book should be sufficient. We have practice questions at the end of each QR chapter with explanations plus we have practice QR sections with explanations. In addition, we have a free forum with a thread for each question so you are never left in the dark if there is a question that still perplexes you.

Also, will the online access portion of this book ever expire after I get the book?
Online access is for 1 year from the date that you register online.

are there reading comprehension practice tests? If so, how many? Is the book sufficient for the exam? does it cover everything we need to know?

are there reading comprehension practice tests? If so, how many? Is the book sufficient for the exam? does it cover everything we need to know?
The book covers more material for the DAT than any publication has ever come as close to doing. Even though there are hundreds of chapter review questions for each section plus a full length practice test, we still recommend additionally the ADA practice materials and we sell a Complete Package which includes Topscore Pro for extra practice.

Sorry if this hasn't been addressed but will there be more than one online Practice test (will it mirror the actual DAT test)? Is there also a book practice test ?

Thanks!

There is not more than one practice DAT test that comes with the book.

As mentioned, there are hundreds of chapter review questions for each section plus 1 full length practice test. Students have access to the paper version in the book AND the computer version online.

We still recommend additionally the ADA practice materials and we sell a Complete DAT Package which includes Topscore Pro for extra practice.

Wow, it took 2 years longer than expected! We hope that it will be worth the wait for any pre-dent students who may be still interested:

Instead of just 1 book, this Gold Standard DAT resulted in a package of: 4 DAT books in color, 1408 pages, over 2000 practice problems with helpful explanations (in the book and online), 12 NS DVDs with clear teaching, MP3s for repetition, flashcards and more.

I know that it sounds a bit cheezy, but it's true: there has never been a more comprehensive DAT package for home study. Never.

To learn more: