DAT Gold Standard DAT 4-book Set To Be Given Away!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are excited to participate again in SDN's annual Test Prep Week!

One (1) Gold Standard DAT 4-book set will be given free to one lucky winner within May 18-22, 2015.

It's easy! Join the raffle by posting questions about the product in this thread :)

About the product:

· The Gold Standard DAT 4-book set includes:

o DAT Biology: Gold Standard DAT Biology Preparation

o DAT Chemistry: Gold Standard DAT General and Organic Chemistry Review

o DAT QR and RC: Gold Standard DAT Quantitative Reasoning (QR/Math) and Reading Comprehension (RC)

o DAT PAT: Gold Standard DAT PAT (Perceptual Ability Test) Strategies and Practice, Gold Standard Full-length Exam (Dental Admission Test), Dental School Interview Advice

· The books contain more than 3,000 practice questions

Retail price: $199
Current sale price: $149

Learn more here: Gold Standard DAT 4-book set

Good luck to all!

Gold Standard DAT Books:

4803732ea3faa6c99fcb6d040093248d.jpg

Gold Standard DAT Book reviews:

"I feel like this resource has the potential to really help those who are either struggling to do well or want to learn some more efficient techniques to do even better... When I studied for the DAT I searched forums and other resources to find a variety of techniques for improving on the reading section. This book includes just about everything I was able to find and more. In addition, it breaks down the individual types of questions and shows you how to go about answering each type of question. Overall, this is one of the better resources that I have seen available for the DAT."
- Jerry Westover of Dental DAT, Dental Student at Indiana University School of Dentistry

"The writing is informative without being too scholarly and feels a bit like a kind-hearted teacher taking some extra time to explain a tricky concept to a student after class. Frequent colorful illustrations help reinforce the learning and occasionally show a touch of subtle humor. Overall, this set may very well be one of the best and most comprehensive preparation packages of its type on the market today."
- John E. Roper of The US Review of Books

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What's different with this DAT Study material compared to Kaplan's?

Reactions: 1 user
What's different with this DAT Study material compared to Kaplan's?

While we cannot comment on Kaplan's materials, we are very confident that our DAT prep is one of the best on the DAT market today. We are not the one to brag but our 4-book set won the 2013 Annual US Book News Awards in the category Education/Academic: Teaching. :)

Does the QR section reflect the changes made to the DAT recently?

Members don't see this ad :)
As you know some section of the DAT are going to change in coming years. What changes are you going to make for Biology and QR books so they would reflect those changes on future DAT exams.
Also, i would like to know how long does it take for an average student to go through all the material in Gold Standard DAT books?

Where the books written by dental students or professors?

How do you suggest pre-dental students ought to utilize your study materials to have better practice in organic chemistry? To be honest, I struggled a bit in my organic chemistry classes. I did well grade wise, but I am still not very confident in myself. Any tips or study suggestions?

Does your review material cover statistics?

Does the QR section reflect the changes made to the DAT recently?

Here is the most recent update from the ADA and this content is already included in the current book. At the time of the printing of the current book (2013), the ADA was considering removing certain sections of QR but this has not happened: http://www.ada.org/~/media/ADA/Education and Careers/Files/dat_news_volume5_2014.ashx

It is important that students know that according to the ADA, the changes should not affect the way students prepare for the exam.

As you know some section of the DAT are going to change in coming years. What changes are you going to make for Biology and QR books so they would reflect those changes on future DAT exams.
Also, i would like to know how long does it take for an average student to go through all the material in Gold Standard DAT books?
Any future changes will be reflected in our practice chapter review questions and exams online to which students who have our books get free access to.

It really depends as each student is different. Some are ordering the books one month before the exam, some 1 year. On average, we recommend to study 3-6 hours per day for 3-6 months prior to the exam.

In your experience, are some parts of the PAT just innate, or can they be trained? I always found the questions regarding cube face painting to be difficult, but keyhole and hole punches were (relatively) straightforward. I find the angle questions and top/front/end view questions to be in the middle difficulty-wise.

In your experience, are some parts of the PAT just innate, or can they be trained? I always found the questions regarding cube face painting to be difficult, but keyhole and hole punches were (relatively) straightforward. I find the angle questions and top/front/end view questions to be in the middle difficulty-wise.
The DAT PAT part of the exam is the dreaded one by many students. However, we believe that with the right prep material, time, and dedication, you can train your eyes and succeed! Here is a helpful link: http://www.dat-prep.com/dat-pat-perceptual-ability-test.html

For more DAT PAT and other study tips, please visit our FB page: Gold Standard DAT

How do you suggest pre-dental students ought to utilize your study materials to have better practice in organic chemistry? To be honest, I struggled a bit in my organic chemistry classes. I did well grade wise, but I am still not very confident in myself. Any tips or study suggestions?
Mainly, you will need time and motivation to study and high quality prep. We recommend to start by viewing the organic chemistry videos featuring our own Dr. Ferdinand who is known to make difficult science concepts easier to understand. Each video is cross-referenced to a relevant organic chemistry chapter for further review. Then each chapter is followed by online practice questions with solutions. Once you are done with your review, then there is practice! You can take one of our full-length practice tests to analyze your strengths and weaknesses. We also recommend to take the Scholarware practice tests. Good luck!

Thank you all for your comments and interest in the Gold Standard DAT prep. The winner of this raffle is StephSam :soexcited:

Good luck to all with your studies!

Gold Standard DAT Team

Status
Not open for further replies.