GLMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

azael5petra

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering about everyone's experiences with this organization or if anyone here is involved with it?:love::D:joyful:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I was wondering about everyone's experiences with this organization or if anyone here is involved with it?:love::D:joyful:
Have been a member in spirit for years. I think I "joined" while in school, so I've been getting their emails and announcements ever since. However, I haven't made it to a conference or paid membership dues. I refer people to their provider directory all of the time, and I think I listed when I got my license.

But, overall impression - seems like a stand-up group and I've heard no complaints.

what caused you not to attend the conferences? were they too far or more social than educational?

Members don't see this ad :)
what caused you not to attend the conferences? were they too far or more social than educational?
a) I'm poor and only go to conferences I get work to pay for. b) I haven't done much research in LGBT issues so I couldn't justify going to present something.

They looked sufficiently educational, so it's not like I thought it wouldn't be worth going. And, I haven't ruled out going in the future if I start doing more LGBT-focused clinical care.

a) I'm poor and only go to conferences I get work to pay for. b) I haven't done much research in LGBT issues so I couldn't justify going to present something.

They looked sufficiently educational, so it's not like I thought it wouldn't be worth going. And, I haven't ruled out going in the future if I start doing more LGBT-focused clinical care.
Poor? Stop spending money on those 20yo blondes

I get confused outside of the lounge. Not sure if I should go with "reality" (you couldn' be more incorrect about my type :uhno:) or "satirical" (what happens at conference... stays at conference :naughty:)
damn i knew you were naughty. whats your type

I'm a member and attended a conference in Portland last year. It was great fun, and I'll probably go again at some point in the future (read: When they choose a city I'm interested in visiting and I have the flexibility to make time for said conference).

Reactions: 1 user
I'm a member and have had a blast at the last two conferences! It is great both for learning about LGBTQIA+ medicine topics as well as connecting with others interested in that area of healthcare!

If you are a student they offer some conference fee waivers to students in exchange for volunteering at registration for a few hours and have some availability of conference hotel rooms that are shared relatively inexpensively.

Cool Filling the Gaps of LGBT healthcare. Yes I def want to volunteer at the conference since I don't have any research I can display. Sound like fun!

Gay 2nd year medical student; considering going to the GLMA annual conference in September but a little hesitant as this would be the first time I am going, and I would have to pay for everything out-of-pocket (~$400) (school's deadline for asking a travel grant has passed for this quarter). Has anyone gone before? Could you pm me and tell me how the experience was?

Gay 2nd year medical student; considering going to the GLMA annual conference in September but a little hesitant as this would be the first time I am going, and I would have to pay for everything out-of-pocket (~$400) (school's deadline for asking a travel grant has passed for this quarter). Has anyone gone before? Could you pm me and tell me how the experience was?

I very much enjoyed the one I went to in Portland. There were some fantastic sessions about transgender health, LGBT free clinics, and other things, and I got to meet some great attendings, residents, and medical students who were all interested in LGBT health. We had a great time both professionally and socially.

But what we really need to know - were there hot single doctors there?

[I kid, I kid. I haven't had my coffee yet.]

hahahah asking the important questions.
Honestly, all these hot gay doctor couples on instagram make me incredibly jealous.

Reactions: 1 user