Georgia MPJE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lespril

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've heard pharmacyexam.com questions are helpful. What's the best way to study? Is there anything you weren't expecting that they focused on?? HELP!!!! Thank you :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Before taking GA MPJE, I had consistently heard that it was awful and not a well written exam, and now that I've taken it, I can unfortunately say that is all true. However, my strategy going in to take the exam was to use numerous different resources for preparation, and I ended up passing with an 81. The resources I used were:

1) Pharmacy Law course notes - I went through these twice. The first time I just read over everything, the second time I made note cards over any and everything that I felt was detailed enough or specific enough that I knew I wouldn't remember it.
2) I read the "Guide to Federal Pharmacy Law" 9th edition. As I was studying the above class notes I would then read the corresponding text in this book. After I was done with my notes, I went back to this book and read all the other sections as well. I practiced the questions at the end of each chapter and also the 300 questions at the end of the book twice. I reread sections related to the questions I missed.
3) I practiced the "RX Exam" GA law software questions twice.
4) I read the Feinberg GA Law chapter and the Federal Law chapter once each.
5) I studied through a 200 slide PowerPoint my Law professor had made as a review for us. I went through it twice.
6) Studied my note cards I made at least 2 - 3 times, depending on whether I was remembering the info on the card or not.
7) Anything that I found unclear in the above resources I went to the GA BOP website and read the actual Law's wording. This only happened for a handful of things though.

I studied 2 - 3 days a week, 4 - 6 hours a day, for about 4 or 5 weeks. This is definitely longer than most prepare for MPJE, I'd imagine, but the delay in receiving my ATT and then lack of test center scheduling options equaled I spent this much time. My advice is to use multiple resources to prepare, but that's really my learning style - reading the same (or similar) stuff from various resources helps it stick in my mind. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 4 users
Ok perfect! Thank you, that was so helpful. Did you find any of those resources to be significantly better? Or was one of those that you used not all that helpful?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Before taking GA MPJE, I had consistently heard that it was awful and not a well written exam, and now that I've taken it, I can unfortunately say that is all true. However, my strategy going in to take the exam was to use numerous different resources for preparation, and I ended up passing with an 81. The resources I used were:

1) Pharmacy Law course notes - I went through these twice. The first time I just read over everything, the second time I made note cards over any and everything that I felt was detailed enough or specific enough that I knew I wouldn't remember it.
2) I read the "Guide to Federal Pharmacy Law" 9th edition. As I was studying the above class notes I would then read the corresponding text in this book. After I was done with my notes, I went back to this book and read all the other sections as well. I practiced the questions at the end of each chapter and also the 300 questions at the end of the book twice. I reread sections related to the questions I missed.
5) I studied through a 200 slide PowerPoint my Law professor had made as a review for us. I went through it twice.
6) Studied my note cards I made at least 2 - 3 times, depending on whether I was remembering the info on the card or not.
7) Anything that I found unclear in the above resources I went to the GA BOP website and read the actual Law's wording. This only happened for a handful of things though.

I studied 2 - 3 days a week, 4 - 6 hours a day, for about 4 or 5 weeks. This is definitely longer than most prepare for MPJE, I'd imagine, but the delay in receiving my ATT and then lack of test center scheduling options equaled I spent this much time. My advice is to use multiple resources to prepare, but that's really my learning style - reading the same (or similar) stuff from various resources helps it stick in my mind. Hope this helps!
Hi,
I am from out of state and was wondering if you could email me your pharmacy law course notes or the PowerPoint your law professor made. I've failed the exam with a 74 three times now and am very frustrated. Thank so much for all of your help!

Members don't see this ad :)

That is very helpful. I'm from outside the state. Would you mind sending me the resources. Thank you so much

Hey, thanks for sharing your experience. Will you pleases send the information to me, as l a, out of state and do not have a good georgia law resource.

Hi
I am trying to reciprocate my license from florida to georgia. Can you email me any material that you have to [email protected]. Any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks

The Georgia MPJE is borderline unfair imo. I passed the other 2 boards on the first attempt. This one however is BRUTAL. Im at a loss as to what to do now. I keep making in the 70s but not a 75. Its almost like they are screwing me over.

Hey, is it possible for me to get this gold mine of information as well? I'm also reciprocating and I would love to have some good notes to study. Thanks!

try prempje.com... they have lot of practice questions similar to the original exam

I wish I have known about this earlier. I took the test friday. lets just say.. i might need to try out the website.

the exam was something else.

Ga MPJE 1: me 0:diebanana:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Did the OP ever provide you with notes/study material? If so, I'd love to get it forwarded! Taking MPJE in 2 weeks. More so scared of the practical I take this week...

unfortunately, no one provided me with any notes. i just studied what was on the board. i am in the same boat as you and have my practical this week as well. im super nervous

Hi, I'm taking GA MPJE in two weeks. Would you please share with me some GA study materials. Thank you. My email is [email protected]

Would you please share with me as well, my email is [email protected]. Thank you so much in advance!

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Hi,
I am from out of state and was wondering if you could email me your pharmacy law course notes or the PowerPoint your law professor made. I've failed the exam with a 74 three times now and am very frustrated. Thank so much for all of your help!
I failed MPJE 3 times and i am really depressed at the moment. Did they let you take 4 th time? Thank you.

Please do you mind sharing the powerpoint with me, thank you in advance.

If you don't mind sharing your notes with me as well, I would be very grateful. I am moving to Georgia from Florida and I am reciprocating. I'm studying for my MPJE and practical any help/suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you

Another state but I'll share my experience. I read the Abood Federal Pharmacy Law book and highlighted/made notes. For the state portion I found a document from the BOP that listed what to know/what to skim; I got the original documents and read through them, which was a total drag because of the lingo. I studied for maybe 10 days, about 5 days of federal and 5 days of state. If I had to do it again I would focus more on state. I did not purchase any practice exams but now that I think of it you could use the Abood quiz and just answer based on state regulations instead.

tl;dr Read a federal pharmacy book like the one by Abood. Download the state law documents and simplify it for yourself. Use Quizlet, my state had very useful content on Quizlet.

Thankfully I passed comfortably and I hope you will too.

Hello there. I failed the mpje 3 times and very frustrated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Out of state and I'm struggling with MPJE.

Last edited by a moderator: