Georgetown GEMS 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same. I called the office today just to ask if there was a certain date we would know something by... the highly intelligent, ever helpful "Jasmin" stated that if you didn't get something by July then you'll know....:rolleyes:

I need to log off and stop stressing :scared:

I'm so tired of rejections. Can I get one interview to boost my morale at least?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Same. I called the office today just to ask if there was a certain date we would know something by... the highly intelligent, ever helpful "Jasmin" stated that if you didn't get something by July then you'll know....:rolleyes:

I need to log off and stop stressing :scared:
Well she seems nice lol

I'm sure we'll all be fine, but I definitely feel your stress!

Reactions: 1 user
Lawd! That was extremely helpful. (sarcasm) I'm so tired of rejections. Can I get one interview to boost my morale at least?

Yes please!
I'm about to apply to the George Squared program in the meantime to keep my mind occupied. Anyone applying there?

Members don't see this ad :)
Omg what number are you all calling? I couldn't find a # anywhere! Thankfully they have been responding quickly via email. But no call over here yet....

Don't get too worried yet, guys! They are probably calling people now who they want to come to the April 17th interview. But there's another one on May 1st so if we don't hear by then we can panic lol

Did any of the people with the missed calls get them back on the phone today?

Last edited:
Does anyone else live close by? I figured they would call local people first to allow the travelers time to make arrangements. (Not really freaking out here, just curious lol)

Don't get too worried yet, guys! They are probably calling people now who they want to come to the April 17th interview. But there's another one on May 1st so if we don't hear by then we can panic lol

No didn't get my call back. I am hoping it will be tomorrow

Just got my call some few minutes ago for April 17 so I guess you were right

Reactions: 2 users
Just got that call back just a few min ago too!

Anyone know how the classes are set up and which classes if admitted you would take each semester

Anyone know how the classes are set up and which classes if admitted you would take each semester
That would be a good question to ask during the interview, for they have a new curriculum next year.

Members don't see this ad :)
What email do you send your availability to receive a call back?

Last edited:
Congrats to those with IIs! When were you guys complete? Just trying to figure out their way of screening applicants.

Does anyone think there's still a chance for interview invites? I'm beginning to lose hope

Did anyone that recieved an interview invite for Monday April17 get a confirmation email?

Reactions: 1 users
No I did not get an email yet. I am still waiting. I emailed and still no response.

No I did not get an email yet. I am still waiting. I emailed and still no response.

Do you mind me asking what was mentioned when they called since you haven't received an email and the interview is on Monday?

Same here. I know what time we need to be there but I was waiting for the email to know exactly where in the medical school we need to go in the morning

I know that it was going to be an all day thing. Starting at 7:45. We were supposed to get more info on it by email, but no email yet.

All the best to those interviewing tomorrow! Wishing you all good success :clap:

Yes good luck to you all! Is anybody interviewing on May 1st?

Any updates on how the interview went today? Anyone who received a phone call for May 1st?

Nothing here. Anybody else feeling stressed?

Last edited:
Sorry guys, I was traveling. I live in CA so didn't have time to reply. The interview day went great. The faculty and current/former GEMS students were all really nice. It was very relaxing and actually fun! I had a great time! But now, I just have to wait... May 30th. lol

Sorry guys, I was traveling. I live in CA so didn't have time to reply. The interview day went great. The faculty and current/former GEMS students were all really nice. It was very relaxing and actually fun! I had a great time! But now, I just have to wait... May 30th. lol

That's so good to hear! I'm honestly happy for you guys!

Will they still be sending interviews for May 1st or have they sent them all?

Keeping my fingers crossed

Good luck to all who are anticipating an invitation. Expect a very relaxed, and friendly environment. It is an ALL DAY interview; 8am- approx. 630pm

Reactions: 1 users
Will they still be sending interviews for May 1st or have they sent them all?

Keeping my fingers crossed

I believe they are offering interviews up until a couple of days before the May 1st date. So there's still time!

Does anyone know recent matriculation data for GEMS students into GUSOM?

what are the chances of still getting called for an interview for may 1? the website said they would be calling until april 21....

Does anyone know recent matriculation data for GEMS students into GUSOM?

Last I heard I think it was something like 80% of GEMS students matriculate into GUSOM. Maybe someone who has already gone to an interview would have more specifics

I know it's still a little early, but has anyone considered what they'll be doing for housing if accepted?

what are the chances of still getting called for an interview for may 1? the website said they would be calling until april 21....

so we still gotta chance....albeit a small one, but they extended the deadline for interview invites until the 27th