Georgetown GEMS 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Stay on her! I had to contact mine via facebook to get a hold of her.
@nononomeno Its actually due 12:00am on the 30th thus 11:59 on the 29th.

The deadline per the website is 31 March 2017 @ 9:30PM EST
I would move forward with submission. As long as you have added the recommender to your application and they have received the link to upload.
The LOR will be fine post-submission. Just be sure they submit the letter asap before the posted deadline.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• GEMS Deadline.PNG
    GEMS Deadline.PNG
    18.8 KB · Views: 94
Stay on her! I had to contact mine via facebook to get a hold of her.
@nononomeno Its actually due 12:00am on the 30th thus 11:59 on the 29th.

so i was asking admissions about something, and they said:

"The application for the GEMS 2017/2018 cycle closes on March 31st at 9:30 pm est."

there is def some discrepancy btwn this date and the one in the actual app...just wanted to point that out.

I am complete right now, but I would suggest submitting now even without the LORs. It makes it easier. I was complete earlier but just waiting for my LORs and as soon as they came in I was complete.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
So I ended up submitting before the LOR was in and my professor was able to submit the letter afterward. The deadline has also been extended to April 2 just in case anyone wasn't aware yet!

...and now the wait begins!!! I already cant take it lol

Reactions: 1 user
Quick question...Do we need to have two letters of recommendation? I just found out about this program a little too late and have a strong letter from my professor.

Quick question...Do we need to have two letters of recommendation? I just found out about this program a little too late and have a strong letter from my professor.
I believe that for any application to be considered complete, you ought to have all the information that has been requested submitted by the application deadline, especially when you are not sure of how many applicants have applied for the same spot. For that can be used as a basis for rejecting your application during the screening process. Good luck.

I believe that for any application to be considered complete, you ought to have all the information that has been requested submitted by the application deadline, especially when you are not sure of how many applicants have applied for the same spot. For that can be used as a basis for rejecting your application during the screening process. Good luck.

Thank you for answering my question. I was just confused by the wording of the requirements.

Does anyone know if whenever you get the call (email?) for an interview, if you can switch your interview date to the other one if you have a prior commitment? Thanks

For anyone who is complete, how long after submission did it take?

I submitted on 3/25, LOR in on 3/20 and still haven't gotten a complete. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Thats really weird, you should be complete...esp if everything is in. Email them!

As soon as my last LOR came in, like ten minutes after, I got an email that said your complete.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thats really weird, you should be complete...esp if everything is in. Email them!

As soon as my last LOR came in, like ten minutes after, I got an email that said your complete.
Wow, all my stuff is in but it's waiting on the Amcas application approval. I'll email them just in case.

Any updates on complete statuses?
My status on the GEMS portal was not complete because it stated my AMCAS application needed approval. I contacted the GEMS program via email. They responded within two days and said I was complete. My status on the portal was updated right after their response. Hope this helps! :)

Last edited:
Is anyone else freaking out about hearing about an interview?!?!? I guess we shouldn't expect to hear anything until next week maybe but every time even a telemarketer calls me I panic lol.

What other programs is everyone else applying for?

I'm getting really anxious... because the interview dates are supposed to be April 17th and May 1st..

I'm getting really anxious... because the interview dates are supposed to be April 17th and May 1st..

Don't worry about not hearing back yet too much! last year they started calling on April 9th and the first interview was on the 18th.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Ive never posted on SDN but this waiting is giving me so much anxiety :/ Does anyone from previous years know if decisions are made after each interview session or once all interviews are 0ver?

My status on the GEMS portal was not complete because it stated my AMCAS application needed approval. I contacted the GEMS program via email. They responded within two days and said I was complete. My status on the portal was updated right after their response. Hope this helps! :)

Same here! Relief

Finally complete!

Has anyone who applied earlier been offered an interview as of yet? My nerves are building up now :nailbiting:

Ive never posted on SDN but this waiting is giving me so much anxiety :/ Does anyone from previous years know if decisions are made after each interview session or once all interviews are 0ver?
2-3 weeks after both interviews. Just keep busy in the meantime.

Does anyone know if whenever you get the call (email?) for an interview, if you can switch your interview date to the other one if you have a prior commitment? Thanks
I think you must have a valid reason. I had the same concern so I emailed them in advance letting them know.

I think you must have a valid reason. I had the same concern so I emailed them in advance letting them know.

My reason is I already have a vacation booked, flight booked and paid for. But I doubt they will see that as valid. Plus I really would consider rearranging it if I only got offered the interview date with a conflict. I really want GEMS :'( lol

Out of curiosity, how old is everybody?

Out of curiosity, how old is everybody?

Old lol. Non traditional. 26 :eek: Don't want to give up my dream but if I hit 30 without it happening..... :shrug:. How old are you?

Reactions: 3 users
25 lol I am just trying finish med school before 30 lol

I'm 25 too. We can have an old folks group if we all get accepted

Reactions: 1 users
Haha.. I'm 26 too! I have a feeling we all have those good genes so we look just as young as the spring chickens who just graduated undergrad ;-)

Reactions: 1 users
just turned 26 :clap:

does anyone know when we might be hearing for interviews? (this has prob been asked 100x before)

just turned 26 :clap:

does anyone know when we might be hearing for interviews? (this has prob been asked 100x before)

If I had to guess I would say this weekend based on previous years and the fact that the first interview is a week from Monday.

I'm 25 too. We can have an old folks group if we all get accepted

Yay for the old folks club!

Calls this weekend? I'm panicking now. Did my service get turned off? *calls Verizon* Where's my phone call??!?!

Did anyone get a call today? I got a call, but I missed it. They left a voicemail saying to email them the best time to call, which I did. Did anyone else receive a call???

Did anyone get a call today? I got a call, but I missed it. They left a voicemail saying to email them the best time to call, which I did. Did anyone else receive a call???

thats great to hear u got a call! I haven't heard anything yet, here's to hoping we hear something this week. What was the time frame they called?

They called around 4:30PM EST. 1:30PST. I'm just bummed I missed their call.

They called around 4:30PM EST. 1:30PST. I'm just bummed I missed their call.

You still got a chance to get back to them, there is def a chance I would have missed their call since I am at work all day (if im lucky enough to get an interview). In the end, you pretty much got an interview so thats all that matters!

Yes I got a call too but I missed it and they asked me to write them back with time and number to call

Congrats to the people who got the calls :) do you mind sharing where you live?

Congrats to all who got calls. My phone is on loud! *stares at cell phone all day*

Nothing here.

Same. I called the office today just to ask if there was a certain date we would know something by... the highly intelligent, ever helpful "Jasmin" stated that if you didn't get something by July then you'll know....:rolleyes:

I need to log off and stop stressing :scared: