Georgetown GEMS 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did everyone request 2 letters. Website says "maximum of 2". I took that to mean 1 or 2

Members don't see this ad.

Did everyone request 2 letters. Website says "maximum of 2". I took that to mean 1 or 2

I requested 2 letter because I always try to submit the maximum, but I assume have a strong 1 letter of recommendation should be fine.

I think I remember Dean Taylor saying during an info that you had to have both of them and they both have to be from science professors. I submitted 2

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted 2 recommendations also. The application deadline has been extended to April 10th so if you want to request a second letter you have time.

Ok, thanks guys. My other question, do y'all think nutrition will be considered? It was science-based. (already emailed them but still waiting to find out)

Ok, thanks guys. My other question, do y'all think nutrition will be considered? It was science-based. (already emailed them but still waiting to find out)

I think it would work! They let me use my Epidemiology professor

Is the deadline tonight at 11 or April 10? I am a little confused because I saw on the application portal the April date. The thing is, I got an email last night that said the deadline is actually today at 11 and we are strongly encouraged to submit and the extra time would be allowed for recommendations. Did they change it again?

Reactions: 1 user
Is the deadline tonight at 11 or April 10? I am a little confused because I saw on the application portal the April date. The thing is, I got an email last night that said the deadline is actually today at 11 and we are strongly encouraged to submit and the extra time would be allowed for recommendations. Did they change it again?
Huh. I just checked and saw that the deadline for app has changed to April 10th. Does this mean not many ppl applied so they extended the deadline for more ppl to apply? Or is that really just for letters? I can't be too sure... but I don't wanna risk it so if you can get it done by 11 tonight, great, but if you think you need more time, I think emailing admissions about how the change of deadline has confused you, etc. could maybe help you :bag:

Huh. I just checked and saw that the deadline for app has changed to April 10th. Does this mean not many ppl applied so they extended the deadline for more ppl to apply? Or is that really just for letters? I can't be too sure... but I don't wanna risk it so if you can get it done by 11 tonight, great, but if you think you need more time, I think emailing admissions about how the change of deadline has confused you, etc. could maybe help you :bag:

I guess they extended because I can still make edits. I was ready to submit earlier today. I just saw the change and thought I could use the time to look over some of my responses once more. I will reach out if there is an issue with submission. Thanks everyone.

They updated their website saying interview offers will start April 2nd (which is a Saturday so that's weird). But yea maybe they extended the due date to give more people a chance to apply. We may never know lol

Hello everyone,
I have been lurking here for a while but never posted anything. I was wondering if anyone had gotten an interview yet.

Sent from my SM-N920T using SDN mobile

Hello everyone,
I have been lurking here for a while but never posted anything. I was wondering if anyone had gotten an interview yet.

Hey! I haven't heard anything. When did you submit your app?

Hey! I haven't heard anything. When did you submit your app?

Hello everyone,

Since the deadline was pushed until April 10, I assume they will start sending out invite for interview hopefully in the next 1-2 weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Since the deadline was pushed until April 10, I assume they will start sending out invite for interview hopefully in the next 1-2 weeks.
I submitted everything back in February but it wasn't marked as complete until last week. I assumed that those that met the original deadline would have been reviewed before the new deadline. I hope you are correct medballer.

Sent from my Note 5 using SDN mobile

I submitted everything back in February but it wasn't marked as complete until last week. I assumed that those that met the original deadline would have been reviewed before the new deadline. I hope you are correct medballer.

That's what I was thinking too. It's weird how they keep changing dates this year. They changed the application due date and then took away an interview date. Lol is anyone else feeling a little anxious? Or is it just me?

That's what I was thinking too. It's weird how they keep changing dates this year. They changed the application due date and then took away an interview date. Lol is anyone else feeling a little anxious? Or is it just me?

You are not alone. That's why I decided to finally create an account, I was feeling anxious as well lol.

I submitted my around the end of January and it was marked complete around the first week of February

Well while we wait we might as well get to know each other! Where is everyone from? I live in New Orleans

I live in North Carolina, graduated 2013, worked as a pharmacy tech and currently doing research in reproductive toxicology.

Well while we wait we might as well get to know each other! Where is everyone from? I live in New Orleans

I lIve in Dallas, Texas currently a scribe, graduated last year.

awesome to those who got interviews I also submitted april 1st when did you receive an "application complete" email?

I'm from NC and I received an interview invite also. My application was complete around march 15th.

awesome to those who got interviews I also submitted april 1st when did you receive an "application complete" email?
I submitted and got the "application complete" email on April 1st.

When are you guys interviewing?

Starting to get worried Because I applied and received a complete in February. No one has called me about an interview yet .. Ugh

Starting to get worried Because I applied and received a complete in February. No one has called me about an interview yet .. Ugh

I'm in the same boat as you! Where do you live?

yea, same here and getting nervous! Did you apply to any other programs?

yea, same here and getting nervous! Did you apply to any other programs?

I am applying to the Drexel program and Ohio State Program called "MedPath" .. Ugh the struggle is real. Have you applied to any other programs?

Does anyone think there's still a chance they haven't given out all the interviews?

Does anyone think there's still a chance they haven't given out all the interviews?
We won't know, let's wait to see what happens this coming week.

from reading past threads, interview invites are given out on multiple days. I think there is still a chance!

The website says they offer interviews from April 2 - 22nd. Lots of time left to get an invite.

I am applying to the Drexel program and Ohio State Program called "MedPath" .. Ugh the struggle is real. Have you applied to any other programs?

I applied John Hopkins HSI, Cornell nutritional program, and Creighton premed program.

Here's to hoping some people hear some good news today. Good luck everybody!

Good luck everyone! Keep an eye out for a (202) area code!!

Reactions: 1 users