This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Neatknots

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I've been reading SDN since for about 15 years but this is my first post.
I have a contract renegotiation coming up. Can someone help me with the most recent MGMA or fair market values for wRVU/yr, $/wRVU, total reimbursement etc.? I am the only (general or otherwise) surgeon in a rural area, basically on call 24/7, and have a very broad scope of practice.
I am fine with private messages.
Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Can't you purchase this data for a couple hundred bucks or less?

I want to know what people are actually getting- fair market compensation per wRVU, how many RVUS's per year and total compensation for comparison. MGMA is great data to use as a recommendation, but that is all it is. Now that I am in rural surgery, I don't have a full staff of surgeons to discuss these sorts of things. I think that forums are probably the best way to semi-privately (or in complete privacy via PM) discuss this very important element of our careers.

You won't get much more than mgma because of various laws. So maybe secure a signing bonus. Also you should not ever agree to take call 24/7. Even if you want to do this, keep it to yourself, and be sure your contractual obligation is spelled out as a maximum # days per month, with all relevant details, and also a reasonable $ per call.