Full-Length

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

altblue

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Money's tight and I've borrowed a TPR 2015 set from a buddy. I haven't looked into it much yet but I suppose I don't have access to the complimentary online full-lengths with the set.

To compensate for the lack of full-length exams, I'm considering buying another set. Is this worth it or is it overkill? MCAT Test Package | The Princeton Review For further context I intend to use this to supplement my AAMC full-lengths in order to not waste those too soon.

Another quick thing, considering cost and quality, are there other full length exams you'd recommend? Are there any relative weaknesses in TPR, like verbal passages, you guys have found too?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't spend any money on TPR exams if you're on a budget because Kaplan and TPR are known to be much harder and give deflated scores, so you won't have an accurate idea of where you stand. I bought the TPR book set and I'm not even planning on using the tests it comes with until after I've exhausted all other materials!

Best tests to take (other than AAMC material, of course) seem to be Next Step and ExamKrackers based on consensus from most people. Since you're on a budget, sign up for an account for Next Step and you get their first full length free and also a free diagnostic I think. I think they're like $30 to buy additional exams so they're not too expensive.

AAMC is definitely your first bet though, since you're on a budget-- you want to buy all of the FLs, the sample test, and the section bank before you look for other resources if you can't afford it.

I wouldn't spend any money on TPR exams if you're on a budget because Kaplan and TPR are known to be much harder and give deflated scores, so you won't have an accurate idea of where you stand. I bought the TPR book set and I'm not even planning on using the tests it comes with until after I've exhausted all other materials!

Best tests to take (other than AAMC material, of course) seem to be Next Step and ExamKrackers based on consensus from most people. Since you're on a budget, sign up for an account for Next Step and you get their first full length free and also a free diagnostic I think. I think they're like $30 to buy additional exams so they're not too expensive.

AAMC is definitely your first bet though, since you're on a budget-- you want to buy all of the FLs, the sample test, and the section bank before you look for other resources if you can't afford it.
That's super helpful, thank you very much!!