Friday thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This could potentially be better, or potentially alot more ****ed up than a typical VAMC ER. You chose.

I just went into out the resident lounge/bedroom (where is this douchebag anyway?). The sheets are..."sticky." Ewe.

Members don't see this ad.

I just went into out the resident lounge/bedroom (where is this douchebag anyway?). The sheets are..."sticky." Ewe.

The whole situation here is goofy. Not sure how it works elsewhere?

Resident with back-up attending handles medicine and psych floor consults/issues. Psychologists can handle ED and can admit from there to psych floor or detox unit, we just have to call local university hospital EPS (also an on-call resident from the med school) for medical clearance and orders...unless ED doc does direct admit or overrules us, which they never do. Its weird. But they pay us overtime for this.

Reactions: 1 user
The whole situation here is goofy. Not sure how it works elsewhere?

Resident with back-up attending handles medicine and psych floor consults/issues. Psychologists can handle ED and can admit from there to psych floor or detox unit, we just have to call local university hospital EPS (also an on-call resident from the med school) for medical clearance and orders...unless ED doc does direct admit or overrules us, which they never do. Its weird. But they pay us overtime for this.
You handle the Erectile Dysfunctions coming through the door? No wonder the sheets are sticky.

Members don't see this ad :)
I won't get home until 11pm and really wish there was both gin and tonic there.... maybe some limes...

I've just realised that now I'm officially enrolled in University I have access to Psychology Journals from the APA through the Uni's library system. I am beyond stoked, all those wonderful articles I can now read without having to pay subscription fees. :soexcited:

You know you're in the right field when you get stoked over access to professional research literature databases.
And I ain't hatin'...it takes one to know one :)

Reactions: 6 users
Its payday Friday :soexcited: lol. Wished I was going to use it for something other than laundry today. Maybe boozy ice cream...

gonna try to force myself to go out tonight. Then sailing on Saturday.

You yuppy. Gonna go out and play some tennis at the club while you're at it and drink some Pimm's Cup in the clubhouse? ;)

We're heading out camping with some friends. Not real camping, more of the, let's rent some cabins at a campsite by the bay so we can drink by a fire kind of camping.

We're heading out camping with some friends.

I have a king size mattress, a fully stocked bar in the basement, and a decent suburban view of the landscape. Paying money to be homeless for a night seems nonsensical. I will get drunk and watch Netflix...thank you!

Just call me Gaffigan.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You yuppy. Gonna go out and play some tennis at the club while you're at it and drink some Pimm's Cup in the clubhouse? ;)

We're heading out camping with some friends. Not real camping, more of the, let's rent some cabins at a campsite by the bay so we can drink by a fire kind of camping.

Sadly, everything but the tennis is pretty spot on (orthopedic problem with dominant wrist). If you want money, you gotta be where it is.

Stuck out of town this weekend. Netflix, hotel bar, hotel gym is the plan.

Are you talking about the draft? The more they stretch that out and elongate the weekend, the less inclined I am to watch any of it. I'll just wait for the recaps to come out Sunday or Monday. I can only stand so much of Mike Mayock or Mel Kiper.

Most wasteful Friday in recent memory. Half my template decided to ditch and go celebrate Cinco de Mayo or something.

All report writing...all day! I prefer this actually, though the last couple of months I've squeezed in out-pts, which really breaks up my writing flow.

I might meet some friends out for a drink after work, but I suspect it will be a mess later tonight bc of Cinco de Mayo.

Saturday was supposed to an early round of golf, but the weather isn't cooperating, so I'll probably just hit some range balls. My country club throws a great Derby party, so that will be my afternoon and evening.

Sunday is a day of rest and possibly Guardians V2 w some friends.

Passed the EPPP yesterday after 2-3 weeks of hardcore studying every day after work. Date night with the wife tonight to make up for the fact that she has tolerated me basically ignoring her that entire time.

I sincerely regret studying as much as I did. So outrageously far above the cutoff I feel like I completely wasted my time, though I guess its better than the alternative. Still...that time could have been spent on papers, grants or living life.

Reactions: 7 users
Passed the EPPP yesterday after 2-3 weeks of hardcore studying every day after work. Date night with the wife tonight to make up for the fact that she has tolerated me basically ignoring her that entire time.

I sincerely regret studying as much as I did. So outrageously far above the cutoff I feel like I completely wasted my time, though I guess its better than the alternative. Still...that time could have been spent on papers, grants or living life.

Way to be, and your experience echoes my own. Spent a good couple weeks and it was still too much time. Kudos.

I am in month 5 of a never ending credentialing process. Sometimes I wonder if this job is even real or if I will ever have a start date. Each month, there's a new form that needs to be signed. Siiiiiiiiiigh. I don't understand why this process is taking forever. This job better be the best thing since Americone Dream.

I am in month 5 of a never ending credentialing process. Sometimes I wonder if this job is even real or if I will ever have a start date. Each month, there's a new form that needs to be signed. Siiiiiiiiiigh. I don't understand why this process is taking forever. This job better be the best thing since Americone Dream.

Is this a government job?

For the written? Couple of good weekends works just fine.

Agreed, assuming much of the material is refresher. I want to say I started studying a month ahead of time, although not as steadily as I'd have liked, so the final week involved some cramming. Although unlike the EPPP, I didn't mind the studying, and wouldn't have minded "over-studying," as it was directly beneficial to my clinical practice.

I was going to take a road trip to watch some baseball, but I don't want to put the wear and tear on my car (8-9hr each way). Probably play some golf. Maybe hit the gun range.

Last edited:
Scheduled to see 6 clients, all seen, notes processed and filed. Then we had a small BBQ at workplace for lunch. Now, I'm creeping through the forums.

My son was born a week late Friday at 5:10pm CST. 9.3lbs, 22". A great beginning to a blissful weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 9 users

Same- I took it last week and wish I had those weekends back-spent the majority of every weekend for 2 months and regret over studying- I have some making up to do with my unbelievably patient husband. Unfortunately that will have to wait- at a conference this week and swamped st work next week. But then taking a week to hike in Utah so hopefully that will make up for it! Congrats on having it behind you- feels good, yeah?

Going to my home town. A friend is opening his own restaurant, so a bunch of friends are going to go make a showing of it.

Planting some pinot noir vines to complete my vineyard. Then off to camp with the kayak. Hope the fence keeps the damn rabbits away.