Friday thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sadly…I think "Mr. Whiskers" would have a far higher approval rating than either of the major party candidates. There was that catnip scandal a couple of years back, but it's not like he assaulted another cat or did shady things for any animal with enough scratch.

ps. Voting for a 3rd party/other candidate isn't a "wasted" vote. Being able to visibly demonstrate the dislike of the current options is one of the great things about our country. We have the freedom to disagree and it is imperative that we utilize that right. Voting your beliefs is the most honest thing you can do. It isn't like there is an option for, "I hate this candidate, but I need to vote against the other candidate."

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
ps. Voting for a 3rd party/other candidate isn't a "wasted" vote. Being able to visibly demonstrate the dislike of the current options is one of the great things about our country. We have the freedom to disagree. Voting your beliefs is the most honest thing you can do. It isn't like there is an option for, "I hate this candidate, but I need to vote against the other candidate."

True. If Johnson's your man, go for it.

Nader had 11% of the vote, so those weren't certainly nobody's say.

This is my last attempt at not really discussing politics among polite company: "The Yale Record believes both candidates to be equally un-endorsable...," but read through until the end. Ha.

http://yalerecord.org/2016/10/26/the-yale-record-does-not-endorse-hillary-clinton/

You can't have everything. ;)

(I think he does have knowledge, he just doesn't present it well sometimes)

--
My friday is a lot of billing and paperwork. I have to submit an abstract for a conference and have 2hr and 12min to write it and submit it. Then I have a few consults and notes to write. This day is flying by, which I guess isn't all bad.

I don't know, I have yet to see that man give an interview that instills any confidence. Only thing he really has going for him is that he's much more acceptable than Jill Stein, who will sell out to ant-science groups to gain support even though she should know better as a doctor.

True. If Johnson's your man, go for it.

Nader had 11% of the vote, so those weren't certainly nobody's say.

This is my last attempt at not really discussing politics among polite company: "The Yale Record believes both candidates to be equally un-endorsable...," but read through until the end. Ha.

http://yalerecord.org/2016/10/26/the-yale-record-does-not-endorse-hillary-clinton/
Ok. Stein then. (who I am not endorsing either or. Just sayin')

But I still feel the FSM or Mr. Whiskers would dilute the vote. :smack:

(No offense...:cat:)
I don't know, I have yet to see that man give an interview that instills any confidence. Only thing he really has going for him is that he's much more acceptable than Jill Stein, who will sell out to ant-science groups to gain support even though she should know better as a doctor.

Folks.....Folks...

"It's big club...and guess what.... you ain't in it!"

The last 30 seconds is all you need to know.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
You all need to focus on the important things in life, such as handing out candy to little kiddos decked out in their costumes. Politics is just too scary for me. All politicians are going to continue to work to lower our prestige and income and encourage further mid-level encroachment while enriching the large financial interests. I am less scared of the killer clowns then I am of either candidate. Maybe Trump won't start WWIII or blow up the economy and maybe Clinton won't sell out our interests (pun intended, why do you think there is a student loan and housing bubble going on?) to the one percenters (another pun :cool:). Happy Halloween everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Folks.....Folks...

"It's big club...and guess what.... you ain't in it!" The last 30 seconds is all you need to know.

Loved that man and he was so right on the money and it was kind of funny that you were posting that while I was writing something along the same lines. At this point I am thinking that one of my best options is to try to become one of the rich bastards that doesn't have to give a f*** about the rest of America. Too bad I am probably not morally challenged (or what I really feel - evil) enough for them to let me in the club.

Members don't see this ad :)
They dont care about you...AT ALL....AT ALL!

Cash is a killer...it's a corrupter.

And, no, you are not immune to this either. I think that the biggest delusion of all.

80's-themed birthday party tomorrow. Need to track down an outfit; pretty sure any of the Technicolor shirts and neon headbands I might've saved from that era won't fit anymore. Or I could probably just wear some homemade jorts. Maybe tape on a rattail.

Making some whole wheat sourdough bread this weekend. Got my flour specially milled from a boutique miller, which is absurdly hard to find these days. Pretty pumped about it.

I feel like this is turning into a "keeping up with the Jones's" for me. I have no plans this weekend. :(

Morning All, This is going to be an odd request (maybe) but would any of you like to do a quick interview for me for one of my classes?

Making some whole wheat sourdough bread this weekend. Got my flour specially milled from a boutique miller, which is absurdly hard to find these days. Pretty pumped about it.
There are some uber-jealous Brooklyn hipsters that are silently cursing your good fortune. :D
--
I have zero plans. I'll probably go to a sports ball game tomorrow, as I hear that's a thing people do. I need to get a haircut, so I might try and do that too. Super exciting!

Find some MC Hammer pants and a Members Only jacket. And with that rattail, you'll look like one of the Lost Boys. :) Hawt!
80's-themed birthday party tomorrow. Need to track down an outfit; pretty sure any of the Technicolor shirts and neon headbands I might've saved from that era won't fit anymore. Or I could probably just wear some homemade jorts. Maybe tape on a rattail.

There are some uber-jealous Brooklyn hipsters that are silently cursing your good fortune. :D
--
I have zero plans. I'll probably go to a sports ball game tomorrow, as I hear that's a thing people do. I need to get a haircut, so I might try and do that too. Super exciting!

Oh so that's who all those people are on the you-tube videos. I wondered if there was some strange dress code for making bread with three ingredients (four counting the homemade starter)

SDN! Prospective applicants! Interns-to-be! People with questions about whether to do this or that (in graduate studies)...Please post!

I need a serious deterrent from‎ reading, commenting, fact-checking, supplying more reliable (and multiple) sources of information, and getting into Twitter battles on Facebook, during this weekend before Election Day. I can't resist, but it feels like some of my FB friends/family are still displaying their ambivalence...and I can't just sit with it. I have to speak up, loud and proud.

So my weekend will consist of trying NOT to go online (except to check SDN), kiddos soccer games, catching that extra hour (of sleep) on Sunday, NOT going online, and playing Legos. Maybe we'll bake cookies too, to keep good 'ole Mom away from my cell and computer. But other than that, it is a laidback weekend (maybe I'll unplug our router...:rolleyes:)

Rock your Vote! Voting is cool, folks...everybody do your part so we can all see which way the cookie crumbles.

#NastyWomanVoterWillBakeCookies‎

SDN! Prospective applicants! Interns-to-be! People with questions about whether to do this or that (in graduate studies)...Please post!

I need a serious deterrent from‎ reading, commenting, fact-checking, supplying more reliable (and multiple) sources of information, and getting into Twitter battles on Facebook, during this weekend before Election Day. I can't resist, but it feels like some of my FB friends/family are still displaying their ambivalence...and I can't just sit with it. I have to speak up, loud and proud.

So my weekend will consist of trying NOT to go online (except to check SDN), kiddos soccer games, catching that extra hour (of sleep) on Sunday, NOT going online, and playing Legos. Maybe we'll bake cookies too, to keep good 'ole Mom away from my cell and computer. But other than that, it is a laidback weekend (maybe I'll unplug our router...:rolleyes:)

Rock your Vote! Voting is cool, folks...everybody do your part so we can all see which way the cookie crumbles.

#NastyWomanVoterWillBakeCookies‎

Audio books, Netflix and hulu shows, bourbon, yard work...apathy.

What's this weekend, Breeder's Cup? And, which bio?

I am cleaning up this weekend, doing some light interview prep, and some gym/running/hiking.

Breeders cup is this weekend. Befriended a guy who is teaching me about horse racing. Bio is John Hustens, "An Open Book".

I got crushed w consults late this afternoon, so now I'm working half a day tomorrow to see the rest of them. I'll still be watching some sports ball. Sunday is cleaning, brunch, and maybe the gym.

Nope...not here. No plan. No intent. :angelic:

However, in this short time, I have engaged two FB friends of friends in current political discourse...and one who was not even voting (geeezzz...waste of time there).

I left Facebook a few months ago because it just made me feel angry and frustrated. I can't recommend it enough. I miss some pictures here and there, but it's like a weight has been lifted / a breath of fresh air / other metaphor and it has legit improved my QOL.

This weekend I am busy turning 37 and killing it. Until 10pm, after which I am too tired to kill anything.

I left Facebook a few months ago because it just made me feel angry and frustrated. I can't recommend it enough. I miss some pictures here and there, but it's like a weight has been lifted / a breath of fresh air / other metaphor and it has legit improved my QOL.

This weekend I am busy turning 37 and killing it. Until 10pm, after which I am too tired to kill anything.

Happy Birthday! :hardy:

Yeah. FB can be too much...I'm so glad Twitter, Instagram, Snap Chat and whatever else is not in my repertoire. Geez, I wouldn't be able to pull away from all the goings on. Much less do anything else.

I have to express my concern now.

Lol someone already did...

I suppose the self-assigned TMS trainings could be considered both intent and plan, but it's all good. It's more like masochism, not so much self-harm and/or sadism (b/c then there's usually some mixed pleasure there). Hmmm, on second thought, I DO actually enjoy them.:wideyed:

It's not Friday! It's election day Tuesday! #RockYourVote SDN! :biglove:

IMG_20161108_113021.jpg

"CheetahGirl…only partially oriented, as she thought it was Friday…"

:laugh:

What??? Should I have drafted my own Celebratory Voters thread? What does any of this have to do with 'doctor school?'

Shut your 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592 hole, and get out & vote today!

(Oooo, that has some aggressive undertones - see what this election is doing to me? Sorry about that. xoxo)

Last edited:
Hate to break it to ya, but Canada is not overseas. ;)

I said ANY overseas location [period]. Then, added the separate thought about Canada.

I'm open to any oversea locations, doesn't have to be Australia. Canada is looking really good from here.
C'mon...I may be fun-loving and free, but not ditzy. Geezzz...well, take that back, since this election, I am no longer fun loving, and do not feel free anymore. :wtf:

Any of you licensed folks, want to take me on as a client? I think I need to engage on the consumer side of MH services right about now.

Yoohoo, @Therapist4Chnge, should I start a Disappointed Voter thread?