Free 120 Options

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

dempty

I couldn't find much on this, but the Free 120 has two options. The first is for a timer, which seems straight forward. The second is an option to show correct answers. Does anyone know how this second one works? I don't want to see the answers as I'm going through it, but I'd like to see them at the end if possible. I don't want to check the "show correct answers" box only to have this be a tutor mode set up. If anyone knows how this "show answers" option actually works, I'd appreciate an explanation.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sure by now you found a way to figure it out. I opened in Google Chrome and dit it on "timed" but did not show answers. At the end of each block, the answers would show up if you had any time remaining after questions 40. I am curious to know if you have/heard of a score conversion for this thing? Seems like it used to be 150 questions and they recently brought it down to 120, but I can't find a way to see what my score correlates to. Thank!

SURVEY RESULTS: 2016 USMLE Step 1 Correlation Survey Results • r/step1

In 2016 some 200 reddit users completed a survey and various data plots were created. This is probably the closest thing they have, but there's still lots of bias (most people who answered were 240+, curves have changed, etc).

I wouldn't focus on score too much. Use it to understand the question styles and topics tested. The strength of NBMEs rests more in getting accustomed to style, as well as major repeated concepts consistently tested from form to form.

Some people score similarly, some don't. I get that you're curious, but I'd probably stray from using it as a personal horoscope. Kind of like doing 20 rain dances and having it rain 7 times. Does it work? Is it luck (hint: yes, lots of luck involved in Step in terms of questions asked; order of questions asked which affects recall/bias; brain activity; distractions, etc.)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

SURVEY RESULTS: 2016 USMLE Step 1 Correlation Survey Results • r/step1

In 2016 some 200 reddit users completed a survey and various data plots were created. This is probably the closest thing they have, but there's still lots of bias (most people who answered were 240+, curves have changed, etc).

I wouldn't focus on score too much. Use it to understand the question styles and topics tested. The strength of NBMEs rests more in getting accustomed to style, as well as major repeated concepts consistently tested from form to form.

Some people score similarly, some don't. I get that you're curious, but I'd probably stray from using it as a personal horoscope. Kind of like doing 20 rain dances and having it rain 7 times. Does it work? Is it luck (hint: yes, lots of luck involved in Step in terms of questions asked; order of questions asked which affects recall/bias; brain activity; distractions, etc.)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Jeez, and people say SDN is too intense.

Reactions: 1 user