1. It’s Test Prep Week! Visit the Test Prep Forums to learn about test prep products and services, ask questions in test-related AMA threads, take advantage of exclusive SDN member discounts, and enter to win free stuff!
Whether you’re preparing for the USMLE, COMLEX, NBDE or APMLE, Test Prep Week Exhibitors can help you ace your boards!

forum vs podium presentation?

Discussion in 'Student Research and Publishing' started by Surgeon Heart, May 17, 2017.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Surgeon Heart

Surgeon Heart

May 17, 2017
    My abstract got accepted at a conference as a forum presentation (5 minutes presentations with at least 4 powerpoint slides and 3 minutes discussion). I told my mentor that our abstract got accepted as a podium presentation but later on I realized that this is not a podium presentation! What is the difference between the two? I am really confused!

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. MamaPhD

MamaPhD Psychologist, Academic Medical Center 7+ Year Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Psychologist
    It's like a mini-podium presentation. Some conferences will have a "selected abstracts" symposium, which is basically the same thing. Different conferences have different presentation formats and what they call them doesn't matter that much.

I generally lump refereed presentations into two categories: (1) me standing next to a poster and talking to anyone who wants to listen, or (2) me speaking about something in front of an audience for x number of minutes.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    Surgeon Heart likes this.
  4. Surgeon Heart

Surgeon Heart

May 17, 2017
    Thank you. This makes sense to me.

5. Surgeon Heart

Surgeon Heart

May 17, 2017
    Thank you. This makes sense to me.