forum died hard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rads22222

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
rads forum died hard in the aftermath of the ROL ordeal, lol. I've never seen a thread so quiet.

good luck in the match everyone

Members don't see this ad.

Ridiculous and counterintuitive to the mission statement of this forum. I'm probably going to get banned by my statement, but idc.

Reactions: 1 users
rads forum died hard in the aftermath of the ROL ordeal, lol. I've never seen a thread so quiet.

I think honest mistakes were made by admin., but they tried to rectify. There is a valuable lesson to be learned here. I doubt anything like this would happen again, and Im sure they wish they could go back in time and act differently.

Are we beyond forgiveness? Lets hope not, bc all humans are prone to mistakes, right?

Zero chance you get banned: freedom of expression is intrinsic to SDN's fiber.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I think honest mistakes were made by admin., but they tried to rectify. There is a valuable lesson to be learned here. I doubt anything like this would happen again, and Im sure they wish they could go back in time and act differently.

Are we beyond forgiveness? Lets hope not, bc all humans are prone to mistakes, right?
what are their plans to rectify this situation

SHAME

Game of thrones binge time

Reactions: 1 user
The decision to remove the thread was incorrect. Winged Scapula and I have discussed it.

I apologize for this event and hope that members continue to support the nonprofit mission of SDN.

There are many forums available for students and doctors. SDN is the only forum created by students and physicians for the sole purpose of helping other students become doctors. We've fought for years and spent thousands in legal expenses to defend our members from schools, organizations, and residency programs that don't want honest and open discussion.

I know this decision was damaging and betrayed the trust of my fellow members. SDN must continue to be a place where all members can discuss openly, anonymously and free.

Please contact me if you have concerns or questions.

Reactions: 8 users
Ridiculous and counterintuitive to the mission statement of this forum. I'm probably going to get banned by my statement, but idc.
You're absolutely correct. The decision was wrong and not in line with normal activity at SDN.

Reactions: 6 users

Most people that were planning to post their ROL already did. It definitely created a lot of confusion when the thread was deleted but I think Lee and WS have done their best to fix things. Hopefully people will feel inclined to post after the match. SDN has been a great resource from pre-med til now, for me at least. Let's try to continue that for future applicants.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yeah, I think the situation may have been blown out of proportion. It's sad to see the forum so dead with all this free 4th year time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Really I think that the biggest issue is that most of the regular posters already put up their rank order list and right now there isn't much to talk about. I know that I didn't take incredibly detailed notes so it's also fairly difficult for me to give program reviews (despite me being fairly anonymous) this late after interview season; some people may have a better memory and post them once we match, but for now it doesn't seem to be a priority.

You've gotta explain what you mean here.

Keep in mind that I had my account held for 2 weeks some time ago, so I have first hand knowledge of how it feels to be "censored."

But honestly, they have to draw the line somewhere and maintain forum decorum.

Otherwise, with the amount of flaming, trolling, and spamming that CAN happen with these types of public sharing sites, SDN would effectively cease to offer a meaningful forum at all.

Last edited:
You've gotta explain what you mean here.

Keep in mind that I had my account held for 2 weeks some time ago, so I have first hand knowledge of how it feels to be "censored."

But honestly, they have to draw the line somewhere and maintain forum decorum.

Otherwise, with the amount of flaming, trolling, and spamming that CAN happen with these types of public sharing sites, SDN would effectively cease to offer a meaningful forum at all.
im curious, what did you do to warrant that sort of punishment? I've crossed many lines on forum so far and people gave me over 300 likes. some even PM me their pet's pictures.

Flaming/rudeness

I deserved it though, and I had two warnings before hand. I was still learning the ropes.

They PM you pictures of pets? LOL why?
i made a philosophical statement couple days ago regarding eating dogs and cats = no diff than eating chickens and cows b/c they're all animasl, so people hate me for being real.

Reactions: 5 users
I wanna know about the fiasco...

I'm confused. Are you saying you think cats/dogs should be consumed in the western world or that they should be held in higher regard?

I mean, if I were starving and I had no other choice...you do what you gotta do.
consumed. my fellow americans and village folks in the western world continuously stereotype ppl from the east for eating dogs, etc, but they dont realize that folks are starvng and they will eat whatever animal they can find. im just amused at how ignorant and hypocritical the world is.

Do you own a dog?
in the past yeah. brah i can sense the bait a mile away. it makes no difference, if im starving with nothing to eat and there's a dog in front of me, it's BBQ time. common sense.

This is exactly where I saw this thread going. Completely expected re direct in topic.

Anything is better than silence and quiet.

in the past yeah. brah i can sense the bait a mile away. it makes no difference, if im starving with nothing to eat and there's a dog in front of me, it's BBQ time. common sense.

Just stay away from my dog.

Would you eat another human if you were starving? Serious question, same argument

Would you eat another human if you were starving? Serious question, same argument

i'd be significantly more deterred to eat my species. honestly, i cant answer that question, hopefully that scenario will never arise. i had this debate last night in another thread.

here's an interesting story about a group of people crash landed on the andes. had to resort to eating dead bodies b/c they had no other option in order to survive.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uruguayan_Air_Force_Flight_571

what would you do in order to survive?

I don't "get" this controversy. People were account sharing. You're not supposed to do that. It's not that hard. Separately, it's amusing to me how the radiology forum uses anonymous accounts so much and has large megathreads of program reviews, more than most/any other specialties. Why is that? There's also the weird obsession with program rankings and tiers.

Maybe I missed those threads in other forums.

I don't "get" this controversy. People were account sharing. You're not supposed to do that. It's not that hard. Separately, it's amusing to me how the radiology forum uses anonymous accounts so much and has large megathreads of program reviews, more than most/any other specialties. Why is that? There's also the weird obsession with program rankings and tiers.

Radiology people are nerds. Simple as that.

Are there really that few reviews in other specialties? I feel like that many rads programs aren't reviewed

rank order list

If you all want to discuss programs and leave feedback for future applicants, there are urology and dermatology google docs that have been created that allow applicants to do this. One of you may want to consider creating one: it allows for an anonymous discussion and it does not get SDN in trouble