1. It’s Test Prep Week! Visit the Test Prep Forums to learn about test prep products and services, ask questions in test-related AMA threads, take advantage of exclusive SDN member discounts, and enter to win free stuff!
Whether you’re preparing for the USMLE, COMLEX, NBDE or APMLE, Test Prep Week Exhibitors can help you ace your boards!

Foreign Veterinary Graduates

Discussion in 'Veterinary' started by rocibell, Apr 28, 2006.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Dr. H-A-H

Dr. H-A-H

Apr 26, 2017
    Hi Dr.NWs, were u able to pass the CPE? can u share ur experience?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. saeidvet

saeidvet 5+ Year Member

Feb 11, 2012
    Vancouver
    Hi;
    not yet, my exam is in August.

4. saeidvet

saeidvet 5+ Year Member

Feb 11, 2012
    Vancouver
    Not yet bro. Will be in August.

5. Dr. H-A-H

Dr. H-A-H

Apr 26, 2017
    Good luck, where did u go to prepare for bovine and equine sections?

6. saeidvet

saeidvet 5+ Year Member

Feb 11, 2012
    Vancouver
    No where yet. probably I am good about those.

Dr. H-A-H likes this.
  7. Dr. NWS

Dr. NWS 2+ Year Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Hi @Dr. H-A-H,

I did pass the CPE. I actually wrote about my experience and preparation in a separate thread. Here is a LINK TO MY POST.

8. Shya

Shya C/O 2022 Hopeful!

Sep 15, 2016
    KY
    Hi! I hope this is the right thread to ask this. I was wondering what process someone would have to go through to practice in another country? Specifically, if someone graduates from a US AVMA accredited school, can they practice in the UK, which also has AVMA accredited schools? Or do they need to sit additional exams?

9. Dr. H-A-H

Dr. H-A-H

Apr 26, 2017
    This is really helpful. thank u so much

10. Mertani

Mertani

Jun 5, 2017
    After taking the CPE and NAVLE, can you proceed on taking the board exam in any state in US?

11. Mertani

Mertani

Jun 5, 2017
    Hi, If your foreign certificate is evaluated by Foreign Credential Service of America (FCSA) and you DVM degree is equivalent to a DVM degree in US, can you proceed straight to taking the board exams in any State in US?

12. Dr. NWS

Dr. NWS 2+ Year Member

Jun 11, 2015
    That's a good question. The short answer is YES; after completing the ECFVG and NAVLE you are eligible to be licensed in all 50 states. However, I registered for the California state boards in August, and did the CPE later in October!

The CA state boards consists of 2 parts: the legal exam (it's take-home, they send it by mail), and the actual sit-down medical board exam.

I took the law exam when it arrived in September, then I took the CPE in October (passed), and then I took the medical portion of the CA boards in December. So, call your state board and find out if you can speed up the process! (By the way, if I had NOT passed the CPE on that first try, I'm pretty sure I would not have been able to take the CA board exam afterwards)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017