For those with avg MCATs, how many MD IIs/acceptances do you have?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The new MSAR should give everyone some faith. The range for acceptance seems way bigger than it did previously.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
511 MCAT, 2.95 cGPA, 3.2 sGPA, non-URM by ethnicity.
Applied MD only. 6 II, 5 attended, 4 acceptances and 1 withdraw.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

There really needs to be a disclaimer that the results people are getting on this thread are most definitely NOT typical.

Members don't see this ad :)
506. 1 MD II, 5 DO II (cancelled 2), 3 DO Acceptance, 1 MD waitlist.

Yet another outlier:

503 MCAT. 3.5 cGPA. 3.7 sGPA
12 II (8 MD, 4 DO)
Attended 11
A: 6 (4MD, 2DO)
WL: 4
R: 1
Non Trad
Applied to 25 schools.

Reactions: 4 users
MCAT: 508 GPA: 3.83
Number of schools Applied: 25 (7 DO, 18 MD)
Interviews: 15 (8 MD/7 DO)
Attended: 8 (6 MD/ 2 DO)
Post Interview Outcomes
Accepted: 4 (3 MD/ 1 DO)
Waitlisted: 1 (MD)
Withdrew: 1 (DO)
Rejected: 2 (Both MD)

I definitely applied broadly and applied to schools I only thought would be a good fit for my background and career goals. Feel free to message me if anyone is on the cusp of the MD/DO threshold. Will be matriculating MD :)

People really need to post additional information besides the ones OP requested. The people that usually feel confident about posting these stats are the ones that have done very well or exceeded odds, and thus these n = 20 samples should be taken with a grain of salt.

A lot of factors are involved such as ethnicity, special experiences, date of application completion, tier of schools applied, etc. A 500-MCAT URM getting a bucketful of interviews doesn't impress me in the same way that a low-tier Caribbean grad securing a residency doesn't impress me. Both students deserve congratulations, but their accomplishments are merely anecdotal to a hopeful applicant wanting the best chances of success.

To ignore certain factors such as ethnicity is incredibly misleading to the average applicant. There is a reason why AAMC produces statistical data accounting for different demographics.

Reactions: 2 users
Not to be that guy but saying a 508-512 is an average mcat score is blasphemy. Sure its not stellar but were talking 80-88th percentile here.

DEFINITELY atypical:
ORM
510 MCAT
4.0 GPA
14 or 15 apps sent
1 interview
1 acceptance (at my dream school!!! :D)

The stars and moons aligned perfectly for my application cycle :banana::zip::banana:

People really need to post additional information besides the ones OP requested. The people that usually feel confident about posting these stats are the ones that have done very well or exceeded odds, and thus these n = 20 samples should be taken with a grain of salt.

A lot of factors are involved such as ethnicity, special experiences, date of application completion, tier of schools applied, etc. A 500-MCAT URM getting a bucketful of interviews doesn't impress me in the same way that a low-tier Caribbean grad securing a residency doesn't impress me. Both students deserve congratulations, but their accomplishments are merely anecdotal to a hopeful applicant wanting the best chances of success.

To ignore certain factors such as ethnicity is incredibly misleading to the average applicant. There is a reason why AAMC produces statistical data accounting for different demographics.

Don't kill our vibe

Members don't see this ad :)
DEFINITELY atypical:
ORM
510 MCAT
4.0 GPA
14 or 15 apps sent
1 interview

The stars and moons aligned perfectly for my application cycle :banana::zip::banana:
Is 510 below the 10%ile at your school, or is "DEFINITELY atypical" sarcastic? According to AAMC table A-24-3, Asian applicants with a 3.80+ and 30-32 (508-511) have about a 75% acceptance rate, and @gonnif has a stat about how many matriculants only got one II; it's a pretty high number.

Thanks! I was looking for question 41 - about 20% get a single interview invite, and about 22% (the plurality) attend only a single interview, so @Skydive Fox had a normal application cycle in that way, as well.
I meant the atypical part was that I only got one interview/acceptance at what happened to be my #1 pick, not atypical as in the numbers themselves. I knew the odds were in my favor based on the numbers.

Not to be that guy but saying a 508-512 is an average mcat score is blasphemy. Sure its not stellar but were talking 80-88th percentile here.

Obviously only scores in the 90th percentile or higher are above average man, didn't you get the message?

I meant the atypical part was that I only got one interview/acceptance at what happened to be my #1 pick, not atypical as in the numbers themselves. I knew the odds were in my favor based on the numbers.
Ah, that makes sense. I was thrown off by earlier posts about how "average" applicants were getting an unusually high number of invites.

Btw, congrats on an acceptance to your top choice!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Ah, that makes sense. I was thrown off by earlier posts about how "average" applicants were getting an unusually high number of invites.

Btw, congrats on an acceptance to your top choice!!

DEFINITELY atypical:
ORM
510 MCAT
4.0 GPA
14 or 15 apps sent
1 interview

damn only one interview with perfect gpa ? apply a little too top heavy?

damn only one interview with perfect gpa ? apply a little too top heavy?
No, my clinical EC's just sucked. Zero clinical volunteering and zero clinical work hours, so I'd imagine a lot of places tossed my app before even reading the PS... I had a very compelling PS though and I figured it'd catch attention somewhere.