USMLE For those who used bros

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc-Oc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can you comment on how you did? What you would do differently?

Members don't see this ad.

It's a fantastic resource and I wish I had started it at the beginning of M1 vs M2. I would highly recommend it to anyone that has the time. I can't speak to Step 1, as I'm in thick of dedicated right now. But I'm scoring well on UW and practice exams, probably thanks to Bros deck.

I used bros and thought it was only OK. A lot of missing details/too much detail in some decks (pharm especially). I switched to FA/Rx and did well on step, did not regret switching.

I used bros and thought it was only OK. A lot of missing details/too much detail in some decks (pharm especially). I switched to FA/Rx and did well on step, did not regret switching.
How were you doing on online nbmes and uworld while using bros?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I stopped doing bros before dedicated, so I don't know how I would have done on NBME/UWorld.

I stopped doing bros when dedicated started too. I'm halfway through dedicated and now having worries that I messed up by stopping. Before dedicated I had done is religiously for the previous 5 months...had most everything in review by that point.

I just thought the daily time sink during dedicated could be better spent with reading FA/Pathoma...

I stopped doing bros when dedicated started too. I'm halfway through dedicated and now having worries that I messed up by stopping. Before dedicated I had done is religiously for the previous 5 months...had most everything in review by that point.

I just thought the daily time sink during dedicated could be better spent with reading FA/Pathoma...
How were you doing while using bros? Nbmes and such?

How were you doing while using bros? Nbmes and such?

I didnt take any of the numbered NBME at that point. My UW avg was like a 65%. I took a COMLEX through school right after I stopped Bros and had a 621. Got a 220 baseline on the schools nbme exam.

I have like 4k+ cards to review right now...it still corsses my mind to go back and just try to knock them all out in a day.

Regarding switching from one to another, supposedly there was someone who did well and used both Bros and USMLERx in addition to UWORLD. I'm trying to look for that post but I can't find it.

Reactions: 1 user