For how long did you study?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

studentdoc1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

This question is for all the people out there who scored a 36++ on the MCAT.

For how long did you guys study before you took the actual test?

Your responses will be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I took Kaplan during my spring semester, but only attended the classes (i.e. did none of the online work, or content review notes). I took the exam May 31st so I buckled down for like 2 or 3 weeks after school ended studying approximately 6 hours a day, 5 days a week. I basically did some content review and took like 5 or 6 full lengths. Ended up wiht a 37R. Hope this helps.

I basically did full length tests, and read the answers. I didn't do too much studying other than that, except to review biochem and a bit of physiology b/c I didn't take those classes yet prior to taking the MCAT. I studied off and on for about two months. I was owning the AAMC and Kaplan practice tests, doing well on TBR tests, and when i took the actual test, it seemed like a TBR test. 39S (13 in each section)

I basically did full length tests, and read the answers. I didn't do too much studying other than that, except to review biochem and a bit of physiology b/c I didn't take those classes yet prior to taking the MCAT. I studied off and on for about two months. I was owning the AAMC and Kaplan practice tests, doing well on TBR tests, and when i took the actual test, it seemed like a TBR test. 39S (13 in each section)

Damn, nice job.. that's one of the more solid scores I've seen around here. I rarely see a high 30 that balanced :thumbup: I hope you get in wherever you apply