Focus on finishing Uworld or FA content review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JBL1992

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know both are important. I have around a month left of dedicated studying. I've been doing qs (all subjects, untimed and recently timed) and I have a 52% average (not good, I know). Started off in the mid 30s, was in the mid 40s 2 weeks ago and I brought it up to what it is now. Been in a standstill the last few days. Did a practice exam a week and a half ago before dedicated started and I got a 185.

Been doing 60-80 uworld qs recently (63% of qs left) but I feel like I don't have much time to go over FA. Going over qs takes me like 6 hours! I have a very VERY general idea of everything, but I feel my time would be better spent doing less qs and covering as much ground as possible in pathoma and FA. And really know the specifics. I feel I am ruling out qs more than definitively knowing the answer.

I was thinking of lowering the amount of qs to like 40 or 50, maybe 40 random and 10 focused on what i just learned. and when it gets to 10 days before the test, switch to 80 timed. I won't be able to finish Uworld (estimated 90%), but at least I did most of them

Summary: I want to do less qs and not finish uworld, but focus more content review on FA and pathoma because I feel like I am not improving. Good idea or nay? Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I know both are important. I have around a month left of dedicated studying. I've been doing qs (all subjects, untimed and recently timed) and I have a 52% average (not good, I know). Started off in the mid 30s, was in the mid 40s 2 weeks ago and I brought it up to what it is now. Been in a standstill the last few days. Did a practice exam a week and a half ago before dedicated started and I got a 185.

Been doing 60-80 uworld qs recently (63% of qs left) but I feel like I don't have much time to go over FA. Going over qs takes me like 6 hours! I have a very VERY general idea of everything, but I feel my time would be better spent doing less qs and covering as much ground as possible in pathoma and FA. And really know the specifics. I feel I am ruling out qs more than definitively knowing the answer.

I was thinking of lowering the amount of qs to like 40 or 50, maybe 40 random and 10 focused on what i just learned. and when it gets to 10 days before the test, switch to 80 timed. I won't be able to finish Uworld (estimated 90%), but at least I did most of them

Summary: I want to do less qs and not finish uworld, but focus more content review on FA and pathoma because I feel like I am not improving. Good idea or nay? Thoughts?
First aid should not be used as a primary source but as a reference. USE something like B&B for content review. I would focus more on content review than UWorld at this point for you. Maybe try and combine them with 40 Q a day as a sense of improvement.

Gotcha, thanks! I will probably start that tomorrow. I do have B&B so I will look at that for sure