Florida Mpje

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jaycorro24

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just found out that I failed the FL Mpje by 2 points, does anyone have any sources besides the uf slides and seaman notes that are SPECIFIC, the questions on the Mpje are extremely specific while being ambiguous, for example I got a question about what the board can do to you if you decide to not pay your student loans. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi Everyone,

First- I HAVE a TON of resources (Reid's/Hall, khazaree, UF 2017 Smith Online 6hr course, notes, .... almost 980.00 worth of material) I am all about sharing & will do so if you email me directly. I will put in a zip file.

Second, and MOST important, it would be super helpful if those of you that have recently taken & passed, could share some general info (most challenging area of questions, what was on it you expected vs not, and even some that stumped you). Giving notes is great, but feedback is invaluable.

Last, I'm scheduled to take the exam TOMORROW at 5. I've debated changing, as I have only listened to lectures & read, but have honestly not "studied" for more than a few days. I'm a 15 yr pharmacist reciprocating. BUT, it appears that some of you have experienced that the questions can be a "crap shoot." So, I'm tempted to just take it & not expect to pass.

Is it a clear 30 days to re-test? What are anyone's thoughts?
I am kind of in the same boat. I am an 8 year pharmacist reciprocating as well. I am scheduled to test on Thursday. I bought the UF lecture and listened to that, have read through some of the statutes, found a 2013 copy of Seamon's notes and went through that, and read a federal law review. I don't really know what else to do...everyone on here makes it seem like it's impossible to pass no matter what you study. I've decided I'm just going to take it and see what happens, expect to fail and try to remember as many of the questions as I can. You are correct, it is 30 days until you can retest.

Best of Luck!!

Hi Everyone,

First- I HAVE a TON of resources (Reid's/Hall, khazaree, UF 2017 Smith Online 6hr course, notes, .... almost 980.00 worth of material) I am all about sharing & will do so if you email me directly. I will put in a zip file.

Second, and MOST important, it would be super helpful if those of you that have recently taken & passed, could share some general info (most challenging area of questions, what was on it you expected vs not, and even some that stumped you). Giving notes is great, but feedback is invaluable.

Last, I'm scheduled to take the exam TOMORROW at 5. I've debated changing, as I have only listened to lectures & read, but have honestly not "studied" for more than a few days. I'm a 15 yr pharmacist reciprocating. BUT, it appears that some of you have experienced that the questions can be a "crap shoot." So, I'm tempted to just take it & not expect to pass.

I used

1. Strauss book for Florida its around $168.00 pricey I know but worth it, he includes information of what is not included in the statues for example (if a rx with 3 refills remaining is written by physician who dies what does the pharmacist do with the remaining refills? ) Expect to see scenarios like that in the exam....

2. Reiss and hall guide to federal law 8th edition. It has 300+ questions that are like the exam. Split the questions to 150 each day and go over all 300 of the questions the day before the exam (remember an inspector can inspect with a warrant but can only TAKE THINGS with a subpoena)

3. Dr. Seamans 2016 notes, (you have to read EVERY SINGLE WORD) let me know If you need it I'll email it to you.

4. Pharmacyexam.com is OK too, but they ask questions straight from the statues, good refresher for $65.00 (the exam isn't like that)

5. UF law powerpoints for FL and federal (I can email it to you as well)

6. Write your own notes or type them from the above listed sources and review YOUR notes every morning and night before bed, It helps immensely, I believe that's the only reason I passed this time, because I typed the things I didn't understand immediately and knew I would forget.

Also, the Florida mpje is EXTREMELY TRICKY, IT'S bull****, it's honestly harder than the naplex, not because of the info, no law isn't hard, what makes it hard is how they go OUT of their way to test you on what you don't know or aren't confident in.

For example. When your studying you will learn that a patient may request for a non safety cap, easy right? but on the exam they might ask you something like "does the patient have to make the request in writing, orally, or both"

WTF!!!!!

See what I did there?!!! Not saying that's a actual question but it's a common scenario of questioning

You have to honestly study in a very detailed manner and be prepared for things to go wrong in a pharmacy and what you should do as a pharmacist to abide by the law, kinda how to protect yourself from a lawsuit if you will.

Ex. Should u inventory drugs already filled? What about those that are outdated?????

The MPJE exam is 40% law statues and about 60% random information you would never know, unless you use the sources stated above, for example they could ask a question like "who can open the pharmacy? A.pharmacy manager B. Store owner C. Floating pharmacist D. Staff pharmacist or E. Store manager .....
you see that's the type of stuff they may ask you on the exam and that's not in the statues!!! It would be in your best interest to study numerous sources and use test banks so you get used to various scenarios

My biggest advice is to read EVERY SINGLE WORD, from seamons notes, and then supplement it with Strauss, along with the reiss and hall book, Strauss is an old guy in New York and has really bad phone reception if you call him about a question lol (think he does that on purpose)

One key thing when studying is asking yourself.

"OK I just learned that a rx has xyz max refills so what would happen if a veterinarian writes for xyz refills? "

BUTTTTT wait, can a vet write for human Rx? Hmmmmm

THAT is how you should study, don't just learn the information, ALWAYS APPLY IT TO A SITUATION and add a PLOT TWIST !

(wholesaler forgets to give you pedigree receipt what do you do with the drugs delivered? Dispense them? Return them? Call DEA agent? ) again, a plot twist

Besides that you should be fine. I think the same guy who writes the Florida mpje has been writing it for 10-15 years smh go figure. If you have any more questions feel free to ask

Good luck
Hello there. I really like the advice you have given in this post. I am a current CO Pharmacist Transferring my license into FL. I have taken the FL MPJE and got a 74. I am so disappointed. Would you mind emailing me your study materials from the UF Lecture from Dr. Seamon and the UF law federal/state power points. It would truly help me out.

[email protected]

I am kind of in the same boat. I am an 8 year pharmacist reciprocating as well. I am scheduled to test on Thursday. I bought the UF lecture and listened to that, have read through some of the statutes, found a 2013 copy of Seamon's notes and went through that, and read a federal law review. I don't really know what else to do...everyone on here makes it seem like it's impossible to pass no matter what you study. I've decided I'm just going to take it and see what happens, expect to fail and try to remember as many of the questions as I can. You are correct, it is 30 days until you can retest.

Best of Luck!!

Good Luck! Im sure you'll do well. This will be my first time taking it so I don't really know what to expect. And not a lot of guidelines out there.

Please let us know how it went! I'll be thinking of you on Thursday! You got this!

Members don't see this ad :)
Been in practice for 11 years, BCPS, published...and I failed that sucker by 1 point. One of the harder tests I have taken...I debated with myself while taking it for 2 hours. The first time I took the MPJE I was done in 20 minutes, times have changed. Any study materials, of any kind would be so much appreciated....my email is [email protected].

Been in practice for 11 years, BCPS, published...and I failed that sucker by 1 point. One of the harder tests I have taken...I debated with myself while taking it for 2 hours. The first time I took the MPJE I was done in 20 minutes, times have changed. Any study materials, of any kind would be so much appreciated....my email is [email protected].

Wow! So sorry to hear that. What did you study prior to the exam?

I'm just starting my pharmacy career and reviewing for MPJE FL. Not much of a clear guidelines to study compare to NAPLEX. I'm using materials based on what I read from here and through research. I bought Dr. Strauss MPJE-FL from helppasspharmacylaw.com, guidelines to federal law by reiss and still looking for 2016 Dr. seamon's. I came across this website quizlet.com where you can SEARCH MPJE FL and you'll see flash cards there.

I feel like I'm just reading to read but really don't have an idea of what I'm studying is enough to pass the exam.

Wow! So sorry to hear that. What did you study prior to the exam?

I'm just starting my pharmacy career and reviewing for MPJE FL. Not much of a clear guidelines to study compare to NAPLEX. I'm using materials based on what I read from here and through research. I bought Dr. Strauss MPJE-FL from helppasspharmacylaw.com, guidelines to federal law by reiss and still looking for 2016 Dr. seamon's. I came across this website quizlet.com where you can SEARCH MPJE FL and you'll see flash cards there.

I feel like I'm just reading to read but really don't have an idea of what I'm studying is enough to pass the exam.
I felt like I was just reading and not studying...

Hi Everyone,

Hi, can you send me your MPJE study materials (your UF note...), I am from Texas and I dont know what to study for Florida MPJE. I really appreciate your help!!! My email is [email protected]. Thank you for spending time to do that!!!

I failed the FL MPJE and passed the second time. Failing the board exams is one of the most horrible/depressing feelings ever! I would not want anyone of my future fellow pharmacists to go through that misery EVER EVER. So I will tell you how I approached the test for the second time and it worked for me.

That test is so hard and so not specific that I hated it. I think the best approach is to read the statutes online, and remember from your previous attempt how they asked the questions, also pay important attention to what is not obvious like administer OR prescribe AND dispense which is not the same as administer AND prescribe AND dispense, things like that...

The pharmacist manual is very good for control substances. Also, check the DEA website and navigate through the questions and answers they have in there for different sections. Make sure that you get the MPJE blueprint and that you are able to answer the major points that are stated there. ALL OF THEM. And see how it fits in Florida Law, sometimes you find important subtle differences between federal and FL. Dr. Seamons is good only as a "polished" review, I believe is not enough to teach you on how to interpret the law (I used ONLY his review for the first attempt and I failed). Also, if you see something like HIPAA, then go and search HIPAA online for questions and answers. You can look to other State's board of pharmacy Q/A. Sometimes in their websites they have questions and answers and that helps you seeing the application of the law. If you can find case law about pharmacy, also that is worth a look.
Working as an intern in the pharmacy for the second attempt helped me too. A couple of questions that I answered were based on my experienced as an intern (and the gut feeling). It helped me to visualize the situation and so I picked what it sounded more appropriately. Again, few questions are straight forward, but what I noticed is, if the question is super straight forward, is a "killer" question that if you do not know, it might take considerable points off.

-I used guide to federal pharmacy law 8th edition by Reiss (only federal but good practice questions at the end)
-Strauss FL MPJE (There are a couple of outdated statutes/dates, good practice questions, and what it makes it unique is that there are some explanations)
-Pharmacist manual
-All statutes, chapters, in Florida pharmacy website.
-Online searching about terms, topics, FDA guidance about subjects.
-Pharmacy practice and the law eight edition (Richard R. Abood and Burns) is a huge book, loooots of info about federal mostly, but I think is well written and it helps in understanding the law. Also, it has references to case law that you can go and check online. I would refer to this book when I was in doubt about something.
-Dr. Seamons review read it a couple of times, always as a refresher/review.
-Also used the UF slides (super specific but great)

Take one hour everyday or so to review index cards with major drug names. They might throw you a question with the name of a drug, and if you do not know what schedule it is or if it is non-controlled, you can understand the entire question, but will not be able to answer it without knowing which category it fits! OUCH!

Time yourself! not more than 1 minute:30 sec per question when practicing, put yourself some pressure before going into the real deal.

Pray Pray Pray to your God because this test is hard and the questions are not "copy and paste" rewritten from the statutes.

When everything fails and you have no clue what they are asking, always think about what it would be the safest for the patient...It might help. After all, the board's motto is "protection of the public, not the profession"

Study HAAAAAAAARD! And/Or Good luck!
hi could anyone please kindly share dr seamons review with me . i am a pharmacist in texas planning to take my exam in 3 months . My email is [email protected] . thank you kindly

Congrats!!! Im having hard time passing this exam too by only 1 point twice already which is making me go crazy. Could you please send me the Seamon's notes and UF law powerpoints @ [email protected]
Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

Hi! Do you mind sending me Seamon;s notes and UF law and/or any other material that you have? I would really appreciate it!
[email protected]

Hello everyone,

Reading through the forum, it sounds like you guys have been awesome in helping each other out. I'm also taking the MPJE at the end of July. If anyone can share their materials with me, I would really appreciate it! My email is [email protected]. I am also open to bouncing questions off of each other if that is anyone's style. I'll be pretty much studying for the next month!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone,
If anyone will be kind of enough to share any kind of notes with me (Dr.Seamans 2016 or 2017 notes and anything else that you have used for studying) to pass the Florida MPJE. I am freaking out about the exam and I promise to pay it forward to the next pharmacy student struggling to the pass the exam. Thank you! [email protected]

I used

1. Strauss book for Florida its around $168.00 pricey I know but worth it, he includes information of what is not included in the statues for example (if a rx with 3 refills remaining is written by physician who dies what does the pharmacist do with the remaining refills? ) Expect to see scenarios like that in the exam....

2. Reiss and hall guide to federal law 8th edition. It has 300+ questions that are like the exam. Split the questions to 150 each day and go over all 300 of the questions the day before the exam (remember an inspector can inspect with a warrant but can only TAKE THINGS with a subpoena)

3. Dr. Seamans 2016 notes, (you have to read EVERY SINGLE WORD) let me know If you need it I'll email it to you.

4. Pharmacyexam.com is OK too, but they ask questions straight from the statues, good refresher for $65.00 (the exam isn't like that)

6. Write your own notes or type them from the above listed sources and review YOUR notes every morning and night before bed, It helps immensely, I believe that's the only reason I passed this time, because I typed the things I didn't understand immediately and knew I would forget.

Also, the Florida mpje is EXTREMELY TRICKY, IT'S bull****, it's honestly harder than the naplex, not because of the info, no law isn't hard, what makes it hard is how they go OUT of their way to test you on what you don't know or aren't confident in.

For example. When your studying you will learn that a patient may request for a non safety cap, easy right? but on the exam they might ask you something like "does the patient have to make the request in writing, orally, or both"

WTF!!!!!

See what I did there?!!! Not saying that's a actual question but it's a common scenario of questioning

You have to honestly study in a very detailed manner and be prepared for things to go wrong in a pharmacy and what you should do as a pharmacist to abide by the law, kinda how to protect yourself from a lawsuit if you will.

Ex. Should u inventory drugs already filled? What about those that are outdated?????

The MPJE exam is 40% law statues and about 60% random information you would never know, unless you use the sources stated above, for example they could ask a question like "who can open the pharmacy? A.pharmacy manager B. Store owner C. Floating pharmacist D. Staff pharmacist or E. Store manager .....
you see that's the type of stuff they may ask you on the exam and that's not in the statues!!! It would be in your best interest to study numerous sources and use test banks so you get used to various scenarios

My biggest advice is to read EVERY SINGLE WORD, from seamons notes, and then supplement it with Strauss, along with the reiss and hall book, Strauss is an old guy in New York and has really bad phone reception if you call him about a question lol (think he does that on purpose)

"OK I just learned that a rx has xyz max refills so what would happen if a veterinarian writes for xyz refills? "

THAT is how you should study, don't just learn the information, ALWAYS APPLY IT TO A SITUATION and add a PLOT TWIST !

(wholesaler forgets to give you pedigree receipt what do you do with the drugs delivered? Dispense them? Return them? Call DEA agent? ) again, a plot twist

Besides that you should be fine. I think the same guy who writes the Florida mpje has been writing it for 10-15 years smh go figure. If you have any more questions feel free to ask

Good luck

I used

WTF!!!!!

Good luck

Hello and Congrats!

I will be taking my FL MPJE and would appreciate it if you could please forward me Dr Seaman's notes? my email is [email protected]
Thanks again for the tips!

Hi Everyone,

If anyone could please send me all FL MPJE notes at their earliest convenience that would be greatly appreciated. My email is [email protected]. I have to schedule asap as I had to relocate. The comprehensive list above and any tips would be great! Thanks so much for all of the help everyone.

I hope you did well on your exam today!
I'm feel the same way. I feel lost on what to focus on. I don't see a lot of feedback regarding this exam so just trying to read the resources I have. I bought Dr. Strauss and Reiss. I hope it's enough for me to pass.

Can you please email me the UF notes? I don't know where to find those.

Email add: [email protected]

Thank you and good luck to you!
Mona

I just relocated to Florida and taking law exam I. 4 to 5 weeks, I have practiced for 15 years in Virginia and have no idea what to study. If you. Could sends me your study materials I would greatly appreciate it. I would gladly pay you for you information and help. My email is [email protected]. Thank you.

Hi, can you send me your MPJE study materials (your UF note...), I am from Texas and I dont know what to study for Florida MPJE. I really appreciate your help!!! My email is [email protected]. Thank you for spending time to do that!!!
Hi Everyone,

I'm in the same position as you. I must be licensed in 4 to 5 weeks. Any help would be greatly appreciated . I will gladly pay for any materials. My email is [email protected]. Thank you for your consideration.

Hello! I am currently licensed in VA and am looking to take the FL law exam in the next couple of months. I have been out of school for a long time, however life has thrown me a curve and I need to relocate. Looking for any study material that I could review. Dr. Seamans notes, UF Law powerpoint and anything else that anyone has found to be helpful for the test. Thanks in advance! My email is: [email protected]

I'm have relocated to Florida from Virginia also and must be licensed in 4 to 5 weeks. I have practiced for 15 years and have no idea where to start preparing for the exam.if you have received any materials would you consider emailing them to me. I would greatly appreciate it.
My email is [email protected]
Thank you

What's Dr Seamans notes?
I just moved to South Florida and was going to take the test to practice here part time.
Do you have these notes you could send my way?

I used

WTF!!!!!

Good luck

Would you send them my way when you have a chance. Just moved to SWFL and looking to take the exam in a few weeks. Been using Quizlet but another source would help.
[email protected]

I Forwarded to you guys all the notes i got from Dianne Nguyen who was kind enough to share her notes with me!
Good Luck to everyone!

Hello,
Thank you for sharing this info. Congrats to all those who can put this exam in their past. It does make me a bit nervous to take this exam.
I've been an RPH for almost 17 years & we are thinking about relocating. Could someone please share Seaman's notes, UF Law power points & any other useful study info?
[email protected]
Thanks in advance!

hi
i will be moving to florida to work in oncology.
i would appreciate help with florida mpje ,particularly how to link up with DR Seamons products. appreciate any college power points from 2017. thanks, EB

Hi,
I am licensed in PA and had my score transferred to Florida. I need to pass the MPJE in Florida. Is there anyone selling a used Strauss book, or can link me to the statutes? Anything Florida specific is what I need, I have a good grasp on the Federal law. Thanks!
[email protected]

Hello,

Getting ready to take the Florida MPJE and from reading everything here its going to be a bear. I am licensed in 5 states and never had an issue just reading the statutes to pass. However it has been 15 years since I took the last one and I guess things have changed. Anyone willing to share the recommended UF law slides and seamans notes? TIA rxcoug I am at hotmail ....sorry it won't let me put my email as normal.

Hi it is possible to share the UF slides please.. this is my second attempt on the FL law it’s pretty ruff . Bellaford81@gmail
Thank you

Hi everyone. So I moved back to Florida a couple of months ago after going to pharmacy school out of state and a few weeks ago I took the FL MPJE. Unfortunately I got a 74... Would anyone be willing to send me ANY material they thought was helpful so I can pass the sucker??

Thank you in advance!!

hi all! i'm a SC pharmacist reciprocating to FL in the next 2 months... would GREATLY appreciate if someone could share the powerpoint discussed here. i'm 10 years out of school and am SO overwhelmed! (

also...i've seen conflicting info. is the FL MPJE state law only, or state and federal? state trumps fed in cases of difference, right?

States can have stricter rules that would trump federal but not less strict. For example some states say a CII is only good for 7 days after date written. Others are 1 year because federal law does not specifically say except that in general prescriptions are only good 1 year. In this case you would follow the state law.

Could use any study materials available. Haven't had to test in over 10years and wish that twenty three of practice and a law review would be enough. I'll post my email when I am able

Hi everyone. So I moved back to Florida a couple of months ago after going to pharmacy school out of state and a few weeks ago I took the FL MPJE. Unfortunately I got a 74... Would anyone be willing to send me ANY material they thought was helpful so I can pass the sucker??

Thank you in advance!!
I got a 74 also. What material did you use? Not sure why test must be so difficult, wouldn't actually knowing the law seem to be the important thing here. I was so frustrated

Dr. Strauss book for sale. Originally purchased in 2016 from Dr. Strauss. $100 + shipping.

Hey everyone,

I read this entire feed about a month before I took the Florida MPJE and it sent me into a panic! I went to a pharmacy school in South Carolina and had most of my intern experience from the state of Maine, so I had no experience or information about Florida pharmacy laws outside of what information and resources are posted on the Florida board of pharmacy website.

I'm here to say that I took the Florida MPJE 12 days ago and I passed. So it IS possible.

I studied for about 3 weeks, the last 2 weeks around 5 hours a day. I read ALL of the statutes and administrative codes on the Florida BOP website and also found a quizlet series that seemed to be made from Dr. Seamons notes from 2015 because I didn't have access to the original notes or the UF slides that everyone keeps referencing. If you go to the quizlet website and search "florida MPJE seamon" a study set will pop up with 485 notecards that I studied pretty intensely and found helpful. The ONLY material I studied for federal law was the "Guide to Federal Pharmacy Law 9th Edition" by Reiss, which you can purchase used on Amazon for around $30 (worth it).

Study hard, don't freak out it is possible to pass. But read ALL of the STATUTES and CODES - seriously.. every. single. page.

Reactions: 4 users