Florida Mpje

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jaycorro24

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just found out that I failed the FL Mpje by 2 points, does anyone have any sources besides the uf slides and seaman notes that are SPECIFIC, the questions on the Mpje are extremely specific while being ambiguous, for example I got a question about what the board can do to you if you decide to not pay your student loans. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys.i have a question about record keeping since different materials show different values:
-cs prescriptions kept for how long?
- regular prescriptions.
-rxs when pharmacist change biosimilar meds
thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad :)
Huge shout out to Jay for sharing his Nova notes and UF slides. I definitely can share to anyone who needs. Send me a PM.

Anyone used Dr. Brickendan's Law Notes for the FL MPJE before? I keep reading from other posts that these may be helpful? If you have them would you mind sharing?

@nguyend1anne, would you mind sharing the notes//references you used to study for the FL MPJE? I've heard so many people say that this was such a difficult test, so I would be really grateful for anything that can help to understand the material in context of the MPJE. Thank you in advance!! My email is [email protected]

@nguyend1anne and anyone else who has an extra minute to help out a brand new pharmacist planning to move to the state next month (residency, wooo), I would truly appreciate if you could email me at [email protected]. Anything from your classes/powerpoints/recorded lectures/discount books, whatever! I've been reading about how challenging this is and with the immense amount we all pay for everything these days, your help will be fantastic.

@nguyend1anne, would you mind sharing the notes//references you used to study for the FL MPJE? I've heard so many people say that this was such a difficult test, so I would be really grateful for anything that can help to understand the material in context of the MPJE. Thank you in advance!! My email is [email protected]
Sent! Good luck

@nguyend1anne and anyone else who has an extra minute to help out a brand new pharmacist planning to move to the state next month (residency, wooo), I would truly appreciate if you could email me at [email protected]. Anything from your classes/powerpoints/recorded lectures/discount books, whatever! I've been reading about how challenging this is and with the immense amount we all pay for everything these days, your help will be fantastic.
Sent!

I Forwarded to you guys all the notes i got from Dianne Nguyen who was kind enough to share her notes with me!
Good Luck to everyone!

Hello Kledio,

I was wondering if I could also be sent the notes you got from Dianne Nguyen to help with the Florida MPJE :D Please and thank you so much in advance! My email address is [email protected]

What should one do if presented an rx from a physician who has died in the time between giving the rx to the patient and the patient presenting it at the pharmacy? I've gotten conflicting info on this.

Guys im getting too many emails to send MPJE notes. Please make it as a general question in the forum so everyone can see and help because i cant keep up with every single email. I dont come to this forum so often either. I got the notes from Dianne and she advised me to share and i have shared it so far with more than 20 people..please guys dont just get the notes and leave the forum...share share share with our fellows. Im sorry in advance if i dont get back to you on time. Thanks and Good Luck everyone.

Last edited:
I used
Can you please sent me dr seamon law and the UF law ? My email is [email protected]
Thank you
1. Strauss book for Florida its around $168.00 pricey I know but worth it, he includes information of what is not included in the statues for example (if a rx with 3 refills remaining is written by physician who dies what does the pharmacist do with the remaining refills? ) Expect to see scenarios like that in the exam....

2. Reiss and hall guide to federal law 8th edition. It has 300+ questions that are like the exam. Split the questions to 150 each day and go over all 300 of the questions the day before the exam (remember an inspector can inspect with a warrant but can only TAKE THINGS with a subpoena)

3. Dr. Seamans 2016 notes, (you have to read EVERY SINGLE WORD) let me know If you need it I'll email it to you.

4. Pharmacyexam.com is OK too, but they ask questions straight from the statues, good refresher for $65.00 (the exam isn't like that)

5. UF law powerpoints for FL and federal (I can email it to you as well)

6. Write your own notes or type them from the above listed sources and review YOUR notes every morning and night before bed, It helps immensely, I believe that's the only reason I passed this time, because I typed the things I didn't understand immediately and knew I would forget.

Also, the Florida mpje is EXTREMELY TRICKY, IT'S bull****, it's honestly harder than the naplex, not because of the info, no law isn't hard, what makes it hard is how they go OUT of their way to test you on what you don't know or aren't confident in.

For example. When your studying you will learn that a patient may request for a non safety cap, easy right? but on the exam they might ask you something like "does the patient have to make the request in writing, orally, or both"

WTF!!!!!

See what I did there?!!! Not saying that's a actual question but it's a common scenario of questioning

You have to honestly study in a very detailed manner and be prepared for things to go wrong in a pharmacy and what you should do as a pharmacist to abide by the law, kinda how to protect yourself from a lawsuit if you will.

Ex. Should u inventory drugs already filled? What about those that are outdated?????

The MPJE exam is 40% law statues and about 60% random information you would never know, unless you use the sources stated above, for example they could ask a question like "who can open the pharmacy? A.pharmacy manager B. Store owner C. Floating pharmacist D. Staff pharmacist or E. Store manager .....
you see that's the type of stuff they may ask you on the exam and that's not in the statues!!! It would be in your best interest to study numerous sources and use test banks so you get used to various scenarios

My biggest advice is to read EVERY SINGLE WORD, from seamons notes, and then supplement it with Strauss, along with the reiss and hall book, Strauss is an old guy in New York and has really bad phone reception if you call him about a question lol (think he does that on purpose)

One key thing when studying is asking yourself.

"OK I just learned that a rx has xyz max refills so what would happen if a veterinarian writes for xyz refills? "

BUTTTTT wait, can a vet write for human Rx? Hmmmmm

THAT is how you should study, don't just learn the information, ALWAYS APPLY IT TO A SITUATION and add a PLOT TWIST !

(wholesaler forgets to give you pedigree receipt what do you do with the drugs delivered? Dispense them? Return them? Call DEA agent? ) again, a plot twist

Besides that you should be fine. I think the same guy who writes the Florida mpje has been writing it for 10-15 years smh go figure. If you have any more questions feel free to ask

Good luck
I used

1. Strauss book for Florida its around $168.00 pricey I know but worth it, he includes information of what is not included in the statues for example (if a rx with 3 refills remaining is written by physician who dies what does the pharmacist do with the remaining refills? ) Expect to see scenarios like that in the exam....

2. Reiss and hall guide to federal law 8th edition. It has 300+ questions that are like the exam. Split the questions to 150 each day and go over all 300 of the questions the day before the exam (remember an inspector can inspect with a warrant but can only TAKE THINGS with a subpoena)

3. Dr. Seamans 2016 notes, (you have to read EVERY SINGLE WORD) let me know If you need it I'll email it to you.

4. Pharmacyexam.com is OK too, but they ask questions straight from the statues, good refresher for $65.00 (the exam isn't like that)

6. Write your own notes or type them from the above listed sources and review YOUR notes every morning and night before bed, It helps immensely, I believe that's the only reason I passed this time, because I typed the things I didn't understand immediately and knew I would forget.

Also, the Florida mpje is EXTREMELY TRICKY, IT'S bull****, it's honestly harder than the naplex, not because of the info, no law isn't hard, what makes it hard is how they go OUT of their way to test you on what you don't know or aren't confident in.

For example. When your studying you will learn that a patient may request for a non safety cap, easy right? but on the exam they might ask you something like "does the patient have to make the request in writing, orally, or both"

WTF!!!!!

See what I did there?!!! Not saying that's a actual question but it's a common scenario of questioning

You have to honestly study in a very detailed manner and be prepared for things to go wrong in a pharmacy and what you should do as a pharmacist to abide by the law, kinda how to protect yourself from a lawsuit if you will.

Ex. Should u inventory drugs already filled? What about those that are outdated?????

The MPJE exam is 40% law statues and about 60% random information you would never know, unless you use the sources stated above, for example they could ask a question like "who can open the pharmacy? A.pharmacy manager B. Store owner C. Floating pharmacist D. Staff pharmacist or E. Store manager .....
you see that's the type of stuff they may ask you on the exam and that's not in the statues!!! It would be in your best interest to study numerous sources and use test banks so you get used to various scenarios

My biggest advice is to read EVERY SINGLE WORD, from seamons notes, and then supplement it with Strauss, along with the reiss and hall book, Strauss is an old guy in New York and has really bad phone reception if you call him about a question lol (think he does that on purpose)

"OK I just learned that a rx has xyz max refills so what would happen if a veterinarian writes for xyz refills? "

THAT is how you should study, don't just learn the information, ALWAYS APPLY IT TO A SITUATION and add a PLOT TWIST !

(wholesaler forgets to give you pedigree receipt what do you do with the drugs delivered? Dispense them? Return them? Call DEA agent? ) again, a plot twist

Besides that you should be fine. I think the same guy who writes the Florida mpje has been writing it for 10-15 years smh go figure. If you have any more questions feel free to ask

Good luck
t

Members don't see this ad :)
I used

WTF!!!!!

Good luck

Hello Everyone,

I am looking to transfer to FL from AL within a few months. Would it be possible to get someone to forward me the study materials? My email is [email protected]; thank you in advance for your help.

Hi Everyone! I am moving to FL soon and would really appreciate it if someone could sent me some notes/slides! I have licenses in NC, IN and MN and would be happy to share some knowledge if anyone is interested in moving to those states too :)

Can someone please send me alll the notes they have- the Federal laws, Dr. Reiss notes, UF notes, Dr. B and Dr. Seamon notes. Anything and everything please! I took the test 3 times and got the same score a 72!!!! I felt that NAPLEX wasnt even this hard and I am coming from PA where the laws are much harder. Its been suchhhh as stab in the heart and I am sooo sad. I want to take it once more, give it a full, fair shot. If anyone, anyone, can help me out with notes, study tips, and law wisdom, I would appreciate it. The email is [email protected].

I am coming from Texas, looking to relocate to FL in the next few months and I've heard so many horror stories on FL law test (and I thought Texas' law was hard ...). Please help me, please send me your Federal notes, Dr. Reiss notes, UF notes, Dr. B and Dr. Seamon notes or any that could help please. Please please, thanks so much in advance [email protected]

May be we can create a review session type conference call and review the law together? Who's up for that ?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I used

WTF!!!!!

Good luck

I am a new graduate from a pharmacy school in Massachusetts and I will be moving back to Florida so I am preparing for the NAPLEX and FL MPJE.

I see that you have some resources that I do not have considering that I was not a student in Florida. Could you email me the Seamans notes and the UF slides on Federal and State Law please? My email is [email protected].

Thank you so much and congrats on passing your exams!

I'm taking the Florida law exam within 2 weeks. Can anyone provide me the study materials they are using for the exam? I'm from New York so I'm not sure how Florida is regulated. I would really appreciate your help. If you need any help I'll be happy with reciprocate. [email protected] Thank you in advance.

I used

WTF!!!!!

Good luck

I am preparing to take the FL MPJE very soon. Would you be willing to share Dr. Seamans notes or any other study material you have that might be helpful?? My email address is [email protected]

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!!

hi all! i'm a SC pharmacist reciprocating to FL in the next 2 months... would GREATLY appreciate if someone could share the powerpoint discussed here. i'm 10 years out of school and am SO overwhelmed! ([email protected])

also...i've seen conflicting info. is the FL MPJE state law only, or state and federal? state trumps fed in cases of difference, right?

hi all! i'm a SC pharmacist reciprocating to FL in the next 2 months... would GREATLY appreciate if someone could share the powerpoint discussed here. i'm 10 years out of school and am SO overwhelmed! ([email protected])

also...i've seen conflicting info. is the FL MPJE state law only, or state and federal? state trumps fed in cases of difference, right?
whichever is strictest trumps the other (to my understanding)

Hi everyone, I would appreciate any guidance for taking the Florida MPJE. I have my license in Pa. Ohio and WV but am looking to move to Florida in order to be more accesible to my aging parents. I see some people say study the statures, good God it's like being a lawyer,which I am not and have never wanted to be. Some people mention a Dr. Seastone, who is he and does he have an available review course? I could not find anything on line. I would appreciate any assistance since I really don't want to have to do this more than once.

Hi! Do you have review materials for mpje Florida you can send through email? I want to start my review but I have no clue where to start. I would appreciate if you can email it to me

[email protected]

Thanks and Good luck!

Hello! I am relocating to FL soon, currently licensed in KS, MO, TX, and IN. Haven't taken a law exam in 10 years. If anyone could share any Florida MPJE notes it would be greatly appreciated!

email address [email protected]

Thanks!

I used

WTF!!!!!

Good luck

Hi!
I am out of state and currently is preparing for the FL MPJE, could you please share study materials (UF Law powerpoint and Dr. Seamans 2016 notes) with me? My email is [email protected]. Thank you so much!

Could someone please share any Florida MPJE notes? I am from out of state and really worried about this exam, which is in 3 weeks. My email is [email protected]. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hello! I am currently licensed in VA and am looking to take the FL law exam in the next couple of months. I have been out of school for a long time, however life has thrown me a curve and I need to relocate. Looking for any study material that I could review. Dr. Seamans notes, UF Law powerpoint and anything else that anyone has found to be helpful for the test. Thanks in advance! My email is: [email protected]

Hello all! I'm planning to take the FL MPJE in about 3 weeks. I have about 4 years of experience prior to pharmacy school (out of state) in the retail setting and have read all of the statutes. I'm afraid it won't be enough, based on reading all of the posts here.

Can anyone send me the UF review materials and/or any other review notes available? I will kindly pay it forward with forwarding to others upon request and posting a post-MPJE review for others once I take it. Any information is very much appreciated! :) Happy studying!

[email protected]

Hi Everyone,

First- I HAVE a TON of resources (Reid's/Hall, khazaree, UF 2017 Smith Online 6hr course, notes, .... almost 980.00 worth of material) I am all about sharing & will do so if you email me directly. I will put in a zip file.

Second, and MOST important, it would be super helpful if those of you that have recently taken & passed, could share some general info (most challenging area of questions, what was on it you expected vs not, and even some that stumped you). Giving notes is great, but feedback is invaluable.

Last, I'm scheduled to take the exam TOMORROW at 5. I've debated changing, as I have only listened to lectures & read, but have honestly not "studied" for more than a few days. I'm a 15 yr pharmacist reciprocating. BUT, it appears that some of you have experienced that the questions can be a "crap shoot." So, I'm tempted to just take it & not expect to pass.

Is it a clear 30 days to re-test? What are anyone's thoughts?

Hello all! I'm planning to take the FL MPJE in about 3 weeks. I have about 4 years of experience prior to pharmacy school (out of state) in the retail setting and have read all of the statutes. I'm afraid it won't be enough, based on reading all of the posts here.

Can anyone send me the UF review materials and/or any other review notes available? I will kindly pay it forward with forwarding to others upon request and posting a post-MPJE review for others once I take it. Any information is very much appreciated! :) Happy studying!

[email protected]
Email me directly :)

Hi Everyone,

First- I HAVE a TON of resources (Reid's/Hall, khazaree, UF 2017 Smith Online 6hr course, notes, .... almost 980.00 worth of material) I am all about sharing & will do so if you email me directly. I will put in a zip file.

Second, and MOST important, it would be super helpful if those of you that have recently taken & passed, could share some general info (most challenging area of questions, what was on it you expected vs not, and even some that stumped you). Giving notes is great, but feedback is invaluable.

Last, I'm scheduled to take the exam TOMORROW at 5. I've debated changing, as I have only listened to lectures & read, but have honestly not "studied" for more than a few days. I'm a 15 yr pharmacist reciprocating. BUT, it appears that some of you have experienced that the questions can be a "crap shoot." So, I'm tempted to just take it & not expect to pass.

Is it a clear 30 days to re-test? What are anyone's thoughts?

I hope you did well on your exam today!
I'm feel the same way. I feel lost on what to focus on. I don't see a lot of feedback regarding this exam so just trying to read the resources I have. I bought Dr. Strauss and Reiss. I hope it's enough for me to pass.

Can you please email me the UF notes? I don't know where to find those.

Email add: [email protected]

Thank you and good luck to you!
Mona