Florida Mpje

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jaycorro24

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just found out that I failed the FL Mpje by 2 points, does anyone have any sources besides the uf slides and seaman notes that are SPECIFIC, the questions on the Mpje are extremely specific while being ambiguous, for example I got a question about what the board can do to you if you decide to not pay your student loans. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just found out that I failed the FL Mpje by 2 points, does anyone have any sources besides the uf slides and seaman notes that are SPECIFIC, the questions on the Mpje are extremely specific while being ambiguous, for example I got a question about what the board can do to you if you decide to not pay your student loans. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I failed the FL MPJE and passed the second time. Failing the board exams is one of the most horrible/depressing feelings ever! I would not want anyone of my future fellow pharmacists to go through that misery EVER EVER. So I will tell you how I approached the test for the second time and it worked for me.

That test is so hard and so not specific that I hated it. I think the best approach is to read the statutes online, and remember from your previous attempt how they asked the questions, also pay important attention to what is not obvious like administer OR prescribe AND dispense which is not the same as administer AND prescribe AND dispense, things like that...

The pharmacist manual is very good for control substances. Also, check the DEA website and navigate through the questions and answers they have in there for different sections. Make sure that you get the MPJE blueprint and that you are able to answer the major points that are stated there. ALL OF THEM. And see how it fits in Florida Law, sometimes you find important subtle differences between federal and FL. Dr. Seamons is good only as a "polished" review, I believe is not enough to teach you on how to interpret the law (I used ONLY his review for the first attempt and I failed). Also, if you see something like HIPAA, then go and search HIPAA online for questions and answers. You can look to other State's board of pharmacy Q/A. Sometimes in their websites they have questions and answers and that helps you seeing the application of the law. If you can find case law about pharmacy, also that is worth a look.
Working as an intern in the pharmacy for the second attempt helped me too. A couple of questions that I answered were based on my experienced as an intern (and the gut feeling). It helped me to visualize the situation and so I picked what it sounded more appropriately. Again, few questions are straight forward, but what I noticed is, if the question is super straight forward, is a "killer" question that if you do not know, it might take considerable points off.

-I used guide to federal pharmacy law 8th edition by Reiss (only federal but good practice questions at the end)
-Strauss FL MPJE (There are a couple of outdated statutes/dates, good practice questions, and what it makes it unique is that there are some explanations)
-Pharmacist manual
-All statutes, chapters, in Florida pharmacy website.
-Online searching about terms, topics, FDA guidance about subjects.
-Pharmacy practice and the law eight edition (Richard R. Abood and Burns) is a huge book, loooots of info about federal mostly, but I think is well written and it helps in understanding the law. Also, it has references to case law that you can go and check online. I would refer to this book when I was in doubt about something.
-Dr. Seamons review read it a couple of times, always as a refresher/review.
-Also used the UF slides (super specific but great)

Take one hour everyday or so to review index cards with major drug names. They might throw you a question with the name of a drug, and if you do not know what schedule it is or if it is non-controlled, you can understand the entire question, but will not be able to answer it without knowing which category it fits! OUCH!

Time yourself! not more than 1 minute:30 sec per question when practicing, put yourself some pressure before going into the real deal.

Pray Pray Pray to your God because this test is hard and the questions are not "copy and paste" rewritten from the statutes.

When everything fails and you have no clue what they are asking, always think about what it would be the safest for the patient...It might help. After all, the board's motto is "protection of the public, not the profession"

Study HAAAAAAAARD! And/Or Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
I failed the FL MPJE and passed the second time. Failing the board exams is one of the most horrible/depressing feelings ever! I would not want anyone of my future fellow pharmacists to go through that misery EVER EVER. So I will tell you how I approached the test for the second time and it worked for me.

That test is so hard and so not specific that I hated it. I think the best approach is to read the statutes online, and remember from your previous attempt how they asked the questions, also pay important attention to what is not obvious like administer OR prescribe AND dispense which is not the same as administer AND prescribe AND dispense, things like that...

The pharmacist manual is very good for control substances. Also, check the DEA website and navigate through the questions and answers they have in there for different sections. Make sure that you get the MPJE blueprint and that you are able to answer the major points that are stated there. ALL OF THEM. And see how it fits in Florida Law, sometimes you find important subtle differences between federal and FL. Dr. Seamons is good only as a "polished" review, I believe is not enough to teach you on how to interpret the law (I used ONLY his review for the first attempt and I failed). Also, if you see something like HIPAA, then go and search HIPAA online for questions and answers. You can look to other State's board of pharmacy Q/A. Sometimes in their websites they have questions and answers and that helps you seeing the application of the law. If you can find case law about pharmacy, also that is worth a look.
Working as an intern in the pharmacy for the second attempt helped me too. A couple of questions that I answered were based on my experienced as an intern (and the gut feeling). It helped me to visualize the situation and so I picked what it sounded more appropriately. Again, few questions are straight forward, but what I noticed is, if the question is super straight forward, is a "killer" question that if you do not know, it might take considerable points off.

-I used guide to federal pharmacy law 8th edition by Reiss (only federal but good practice questions at the end)
-Strauss FL MPJE (There are a couple of outdated statutes/dates, good practice questions, and what it makes it unique is that there are some explanations)
-Pharmacist manual
-Pharmacy practice and the law eight edition (Richard R. Abood and Burns) is a huge book, loooots of info about federal mostly, but I think is well written and it helps in understanding the law. Also, it has references to case law that you can go and check online. I would refer to this book when I was in doubt about something.

Take one hour everyday or so to review index cards with major drug names. They might throw you a question with the name of a drug, and if you do not know what schedule it is or if it is non-controlled, you can understand the entire question, but will not be able to answer it without knowing which category it fits! OUCH!

Time yourself! not more than 1 minute:30 sec per question when practicing, put yourself some pressure before going into the real deal.

Pray Pray Pray to your God because this test is hard and the questions are not "copy and paste" rewritten from the statutes.

When everything fails and you have no clue what they are asking, always think about what it would be the safest for the patient...It might help. After all, the board's motto is "protection of the public, not the profession"

Thank you so much

I just found out 10 minutes ago I passed the Florida MPJE!!! It's so tricky!!! But it's behind me now thank God

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
congrats
What materials you used ?,how was your experience ?

I used

1. Strauss book for Florida its around $168.00 pricey I know but worth it, he includes information of what is not included in the statues for example (if a rx with 3 refills remaining is written by physician who dies what does the pharmacist do with the remaining refills? ) Expect to see scenarios like that in the exam....

2. Reiss and hall guide to federal law 8th edition. It has 300+ questions that are like the exam. Split the questions to 150 each day and go over all 300 of the questions the day before the exam (remember an inspector can inspect with a warrant but can only TAKE THINGS with a subpoena)

3. Dr. Seamans 2016 notes, (you have to read EVERY SINGLE WORD) let me know If you need it I'll email it to you.

4. Pharmacyexam.com is OK too, but they ask questions straight from the statues, good refresher for $65.00 (the exam isn't like that)

5. UF law powerpoints for FL and federal (I can email it to you as well)

6. Write your own notes or type them from the above listed sources and review YOUR notes every morning and night before bed, It helps immensely, I believe that's the only reason I passed this time, because I typed the things I didn't understand immediately and knew I would forget.

Also, the Florida mpje is EXTREMELY TRICKY, IT'S bull****, it's honestly harder than the naplex, not because of the info, no law isn't hard, what makes it hard is how they go OUT of their way to test you on what you don't know or aren't confident in.

For example. When your studying you will learn that a patient may request for a non safety cap, easy right? but on the exam they might ask you something like "does the patient have to make the request in writing, orally, or both"

WTF!!!!!

See what I did there?!!! Not saying that's a actual question but it's a common scenario of questioning

You have to honestly study in a very detailed manner and be prepared for things to go wrong in a pharmacy and what you should do as a pharmacist to abide by the law, kinda how to protect yourself from a lawsuit if you will.

Ex. Should u inventory drugs already filled? What about those that are outdated?????

The MPJE exam is 40% law statues and about 60% random information you would never know, unless you use the sources stated above, for example they could ask a question like "who can open the pharmacy? A.pharmacy manager B. Store owner C. Floating pharmacist D. Staff pharmacist or E. Store manager .....
you see that's the type of stuff they may ask you on the exam and that's not in the statues!!! It would be in your best interest to study numerous sources and use test banks so you get used to various scenarios

My biggest advice is to read EVERY SINGLE WORD, from seamons notes, and then supplement it with Strauss, along with the reiss and hall book, Strauss is an old guy in New York and has really bad phone reception if you call him about a question lol (think he does that on purpose)

One key thing when studying is asking yourself.

"OK I just learned that a rx has xyz max refills so what would happen if a veterinarian writes for xyz refills? "

BUTTTTT wait, can a vet write for human Rx? Hmmmmm

THAT is how you should study, don't just learn the information, ALWAYS APPLY IT TO A SITUATION and add a PLOT TWIST !

(wholesaler forgets to give you pedigree receipt what do you do with the drugs delivered? Dispense them? Return them? Call DEA agent? ) again, a plot twist

Besides that you should be fine. I think the same guy who writes the Florida mpje has been writing it for 10-15 years smh go figure. If you have any more questions feel free to ask

Good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: 23 users
I used

1. Strauss book for Florida its around $168.00 pricey I know but worth it, he includes information of what is not included in the statues for example (if a rx with 3 refills remaining is written by physician who dies what does the pharmacist do with the remaining refills? ) Expect to see scenarios like that in the exam....

2. Reiss and hall guide to federal law 8th edition. It has 300+ questions that are like the exam. Split the questions to 150 each day and go over all 300 of the questions the day before the exam (remember an inspector can inspect with a warrant but can only TAKE THINGS with a subpoena)

3. Dr. Seamans 2016 notes, (you have to read EVERY SINGLE WORD) let me know If you need it I'll email it to you
4. Pharmacyexam.com is OK too, but they ask questions straight from the statues, good refresher for $65.00 (the exam isn't like that)

6. Write your own notes or type them from the above listed sources and review YOUR notes every morning and night before bed, It helps immensely, I believe that's the only reason I passed this time, because I typed the things I didn't understand immediately and knew I would forget.

Also, the Florida mpje is EXTREMELY TRICKY, IT'S bull****, it's honestly harder than the naplex, not because of the info, no law isn't hard, what makes it hard is how they go OUT of their way to test you on what you don't know or aren't confident in.

For example. When your studying you will learn that a patient may request for a non safety cap, easy right? but on the exam they might ask you something like "does the patient have to make the request in writing, orally, or both"

WTF!!!!!

See what I did there?!!! Not saying that's a actual question but it's a common scenario of questioning

You have to honestly study in a very detailed manner and be prepared for things to go wrong in a pharmacy and what you should do as a pharmacist to abide by the law, kinda how to protect yourself from a lawsuit if you will.

Ex. Should u inventory drugs already filled? What about those that are outdated?????

The MPJE exam is 40% law statues and about 60% random information you would never know, unless you use the sources stated above, for example they could ask a question like "who can open the pharmacy? A.pharmacy manager B. Store owner C. Floating pharmacist D. Staff pharmacist or E. Store manager .....
you see that's the type of stuff they may ask you on the exam and that's not in the statues!!! It would be in your best interest to study numerous sources and use test banks so you get used to various scenarios

My biggest advice is to read EVERY SINGLE WORD, from seamons notes, and then supplement it with Strauss, along with the reiss and hall book, Strauss is an old guy in New York and has really bad phone reception if you call him about a question lol (think he does that on purpose)

"OK I just learned that a rx has xyz max refills so what would happen if a doctor writes for xyz refills? "

THAT is how you should study, don't just learn the information, ALWAYS APPLY IT TO A SITUATION and add a PLOT TWIST ! (wholesaler forgets to give you pedigree receipt what do you do with the drugs delivered?) *not actual question*

Besides that you should be fine. I think the same guy who writes the Florida mpje has been writing it for 10-15 years smh go figure. If you have any more questions feel free to ask

Good luck

thank you so much for your message, if you can send me UF law powerpoints for FL and federal thats will be great
thank you for your support
my email:
[email protected]

Thank you so much

I just found out 10 minutes ago I passed the Florida MPJE!!! It's so tricky!!! But it's behind me now thank God

CONGRATULATIOOOOONS! I know that feeling! I took it like 3 weeks ago and still when I go to bed, sometimes I think about how much I studied for it, how tense I was, and when I got the result. It draws a smile in my face every time.

But this is part of the fun...In less than a week. You will see your license number on the department website. I guarantee a smile from ear to ear! Enjoy this moment, big time.

I used

3. Dr. Seamans 2016 notes, (you have to read EVERY SINGLE WORD) let me know If you need it I'll email it to you.

WTF!!!!!

"OK I just learned that a rx has xyz max refills so what would happen if a veterinarian writes for xyz refills? "

THAT is how you should study, don't just learn the information, ALWAYS APPLY IT TO A SITUATION and add a PLOT TWIST !

(wholesaler forgets to give you pedigree receipt what do you do with the drugs delivered? Dispense them? Return them? Call DEA agent? ) again, a plot twist

Good luck

Lol! you could not have said it better. It is a super tricky monster.

CONGRATULATIOOOOONS! I know that feeling! I took it like 3 weeks ago and still when I go to bed, sometimes I think about how much I studied for it, how tense I was, and when I got the result. It draws a smile in my face every time.

But this is part of the fun...In less than a week. You will see your license number on the department website. I guarantee a smile from ear to ear! Enjoy this moment, big time.

Lol! you could not have said it better. It is a super tricky monster.

Same I'm still pinching myself feels really good! Hey check this out though, why not take other states law exams too. I'm currently looking into Texas and Alabama, the pay looks good and you don't have to have a year of experience before you apply. I mean considering how hard we studied for Florida's mpje and the information is still fresh. They say Alabama and Texas law isn't as hard or tricky, think of all the positives of having numerous licenses? I feel like Texas is huge and if Florida dries up there will always be a RPH needed somewhere there. Plus houses are cheap in Texas.

Too soon? No? Lol OK I'll see myself out

Last edited:
Hi,

I am needing to activate my original license (Connecticut) in order to reciprocate to South Carolina. Does anyone have study items from those states that can either be shared with me or advise me where to look for help?

Thanks

Brad

[email protected]

Jay helped me with study material for Florida... Thanks Jay...

I used

WTF!!!!!

Good luck

Hi I'm looking to move to Florida from Arkansas, and I was wondering if you'd be willing to email me the UF law PowerPoint slides and dr. Seamons notes? It sounds like those helped you a lot! Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Same I'm still pinching myself feels really good! Hey check this out though, why not take other states law exams too. I'm currently looking into Texas and Alabama, the pay looks good and you don't have to have a year of experience before you apply. I mean considering how hard we studied for Florida's mpje and the information is still fresh. They say Alabama and Texas law isn't as hard or tricky, think of all the positives of having numerous licenses? I feel like Texas is huge and if Florida dries up there will always be a RPH needed somewhere there. Plus houses are cheap in Texas.

Too soon? No? Lol OK I'll see myself out

Yes, I am going to take another MPJE, the score transfer for Texas is valid for 2 years. The majority pretty much are valid for 1 year. It is only 75 bucks for the transfer.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much

Congratulations on passing your exam!! I am planning to take the FL exam after graduation in May and was wondering if you would be willing to share any notes you have and/or tips to successfully pass the exam. Any study materials would be greatly appreciated. ([email protected])

Congrats to anyone who passed!!!Anyone have any material they can send me pls? Dr Strauss notes? UF notes???
Would be very grateful

Hello to everyone! Congratulations to all the test takers that just passed the FL MPJE!

I am currently studying also for the FL MPJE. I definitely remember how nerve wrecking it was taking the LA MPJE 6 years ago.

I never thought I would be back in the position again. If anyone is willing to share PDF or powerpoint slides that could help someone who has been out of school for a while now pass, that would be so greatly appreciated. I don't want to bombard previous posters asking for the same thing, so if anyone has material and would like to share. Please PM message me. Thank You so much!

i will be relocating soon, and am in the process of license transfer. can someone send me any materials for the fl mpje, I need the UF slides and dr seamon notes. this would be greatly appreciated. thanks!!

Huge shout out to Jay for sharing his Nova notes and UF slides. I definitely can share to anyone who needs. Send me a PM.

Anyone used Dr. Brickendan's Law Notes for the FL MPJE before? I keep reading from other posts that these may be helpful? If you have them would you mind sharing?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Huge shout out to Jay for sharing his Nova notes and UF slides. I definitely can share to anyone who needs. Send me a PM.

Anyone used Dr. Brickendan's Law Notes for the FL MPJE before? I keep reading from other posts that these may be helpful? If you have them would you mind sharing?

Would you mind sharing notes with me? I'm going to be moving to Florida soon! Thanks! [email protected]

-Pharmacist manual

Hi Jaycorro24, Congratulations on your exam! I am taking my MPJE exam in 2 weeks and have been studying the seamon's notes. Could you please forward me the UF law powerpoints for FL and federal, and any other notes helpful? I would be forever grateful! Also, funds are so scarce right now, what resource would you suggest is the most important to buy? Thank you! [email protected]

I would so appreciate the Nova notes and UF slides. Could you please send them to me? I'm taking the test in 2 weeks and I'm so nervous.
Thank you!!! [email protected]

Sorry I haven't been on here to check messages. I've sent out emails of everything I have to posters after me. Please be kind to one another & share these notes to new forum members. My exam is March 10th. Wish me luck!

Does anyone have the competency statements or the mpje blueprint already outlined to review? Listing all responsibilities and requirements. Pls send to [email protected]

Last edited:
I would greatly appreciate any study guides/reviews/notes/slides for the Florida MPJE exam. I have looked on line for Dr. Seamon or Dr. Brickenden's new notes but no result. Email to [email protected]. Thanks so much.

Also, has anyone done the Strauss review class? I was supposed to, but he went in the hospital and cancelled my class. What went on during the review class if I may ask? Thanks

I used

WTF!!!!!

Good luck
I used

WTF!!!!!

Good luck

Thanks for being so gracious to share your notes. Could you please send me the Seamon's notes and UF law powerpoints.

Last edited:
Hello,
Thank you for sharing this info. Congrats to all those who can put this exam in their past. It does make me a bit nervous to take this exam.
I've been an RPH for almost 17 years & we are thinking about relocating. Could someone please share Seaman's notes, UF Law power points & any other useful study info?
[email protected]
Thanks in advance!

Would someone mind emailing me any study materials they may have for the Florida MPJE? I am out of state taking the exam this month and looking for all the help I can get!
Thank you
[email protected]

I used

WTF!!!!!

Good luck

Good afternoon,
I just moved to FL and need to take the MPJE, have been looking for good study resources and came across your post. I would be so grateful and appreciative if you could send me all of your UF slides and Dr Seamon's 2016 notes. My e-mail is [email protected]

Thank you very much!!!

I used

WTF!!!!!

Good luck

Congrats!!! Im having hard time passing this exam too by only 1 point twice already which is making me go crazy. Could you please send me the Seamon's notes and UF law powerpoints @ [email protected]
Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

Congrats!!! Im having hard time passing this exam too by only 1 point twice already which is making me go crazy. Could you please send me the Seamon's notes and UF law powerpoints @ [email protected]
Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!
hi,
I am also in the same boat. 72 and then 74.... but how did you find the paper? was it hard? like say 90% grey and you were confident of only 10% ? or did you feel that the exam was easy but you failed?..... my exam was so hard!!! some law terms that I was tested on was unheard of earlier. I had to google to find out the meaning. nothing that was studied in pharmD..

hi,
I am also in the same boat. 72 and then 74.... but how did you find the paper? was it hard? like say 90% grey and you were confident of only 10% ? or did you feel that the exam was easy but you failed?..... my exam was so hard!!! some law terms that I was tested on was unheard of earlier. I had to google to find out the meaning. nothing that was studied in pharmD..
Hi!
I graduated from ma university and for me was very hard to find the right material to study for. The only thing i used for the first two attempts was the FL statutes and Florida Pharmacy Law by Maryam Khazraee which i think are not enough.. there was no question that i felt 100% sure. When i got out of the testing area i was in shock especially on my second attempt. Very very hard all the way and not so relevant to the material i study from. I think im missing something and thats why i want to start over with new study material. If you have the above materials can you please forward them to me?
Thank you in advance!

Just to waned to update everyone, I took my exam on Friday, March 10th and found out I passed on the 14th, so about 2 business days NABP.net should post your results. If I've liked your post, that means I've emailed you everything I have.
I won't be really on here much anymore to check on messages, so it might be faster to message someone who has a liked post from me. Please if anyone asks you for notes, be kind and share. I remember coming here with nothing and received so many notes from such kind people.
Take care everyone and good luck! Messages are still welcome (just sorry if they are responded at a later time :p)

Hi! I am so happy to hear you passed the exam. I am in process of studying for my FL MPJE and would greatly appreciate any notes you could possibly send to me! Thanks in advance. My email is [email protected]

I used

WTF!!!!!

Good luck
Hi. I was wondering whether you still have any study materials for the Florida mpje and if you could please share with me.. my email is [email protected]

Thanks so much and congratulations

Just to waned to update everyone, I took my exam on Friday, March 10th and found out I passed on the 14th, so about 2 business days NABP.net should post your results. If I've liked your post, that means I've emailed you everything I have.
I won't be really on here much anymore to check on messages, so it might be faster to message someone who has a liked post from me. Please if anyone asks you for notes, be kind and share. I remember coming here with nothing and received so many notes from such kind people.
Take care everyone and good luck! Messages are still welcome (just sorry if they are responded at a later time :p)
Hi. Please email me any material for Florida mpje if you still have. Thanks so much. Congratulations

My email is [email protected]

I Forwarded to you guys all the notes i got from Dianne Nguyen who was kind enough to share her notes with me!
Good Luck to everyone!