Florida Hospital EM residency.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Termwean

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't been able to find any reviews of this program yet. Has anyone interviewed there? Any current residents there have anything to say?

Members don't see this ad.

107 views and no response. I guess no one has much to say about this program.

The program is brand new, and only has 12 or so people in it so the chances of seeing a review is slim.. I will tell you what I know though being in orlando, they are not a trauma center they are a stroke center, but with ORMC just about 5 min away alot of the more critical patients end up over there...

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed for an attending job there. I didn't take it, if that tells you anything.

im looking for central fl for attending positions. the big two players are ORMC and Florida EM. Any particular reason you didn't take it? Thanks for the help.

GeneralVeers - Would you mind copying me that info as well? I will be going to FL after residency as well and the FL Hospital group is represented in other areas I'm interested in so I wouldn't mind hearing your info.

I am an attending in Central Florida, with neither of these systems. I trained at ORMC, and wanted to stay in the area, but not specifically Orlando. In Orlando proper, those two groups are your only options, and jobs at ORMC and it's affiliated hospitals are hard to come by.

You can pm me with questions.

The group is great, residency here is about as bad as it can be. Avoid at all costs.

I'm a volunteer in their ED and I can tell you a little about their situation. Although it doesn't get the level 1 trauma stuff like ORMC it is one of the busiest EDs in central Florida. The patient volume and diversity is immense! Hope you know a little bit of Spanish! I see a few residents around the floors and they all seem to be pretty confident physicians that are very happy with their situation. The ED is about to be renovated to twice it's current size and I would imagine their capacity to handle graduate education will also increase.

Anyone else have any comments on this program? Haven't really heard anything about it.. any residents from the program here (or anyone who interviewed)?