Finished first MOC cycle..what happens next?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

univlad

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just finalized my last MOC two year report for my first 10 year cycle for my 2007 pathology boards on PATHway. What happens next? Can any year 2006 diplomats fill me in? Do we get a new certificate mailed or a letter saying we are good for another 10 years? I tied my 2008 subspecialty boards to the my AP/CP certificate, effectively loosing a year but cutting back on reporting requirements. Will a new subspecialty certificate be mailed at this time as well?

Members don't see this ad.

I presume you will get a new certificate since the current one you have is time limited and has an expiration date.

Mine ends in another year so I am not totally sure. But you should be able to follow your progress on the boards website - it typically tells you if you are up to date on your requirements and stuff.

Yup. Just got a new certificate mailed to me a few weeks ago.
In December they also posted a letter online to give to credentialing people saying a new certificate without an expiration date would be coming.