Financial Intelligence – The Missing Part of Medical Education

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr_business

Author, teacher
Sponsor
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to share my article on financial intelligence for physicians. You may find it at Financial Intelligence - The Missing Part of Medical Education. I believe that if physicians are to continue to be leaders in healthcare, we must possess business intelligence. A great place to start is with financial intelligence. It's easier than you might think, and understanding the financial reports of your practice will help you improve the care you deliver to your patients. A few times each month, I will post my thoughts on financial matters, negotiations, and leadership. I hope you will learn those things that I wish I knew before I graduated residency.

Members don't see this ad.

I would like to share my article on financial intelligence for physicians. You may find it at Financial Intelligence - The Missing Part of Medical Education. I believe that if physicians are to continue to be leaders in healthcare, we must possess business intelligence. A great place to start is with financial intelligence. It's easier than you might think, and understanding the financial reports of your practice will help you improve the care you deliver to your patients. A few times each month, I will post my thoughts on financial matters, negotiations, and leadership. I hope you will learn those things that I wish I knew before I graduated residency.
Thanks dr_business. Since you're an anesthesiologist, you might wish to visit and post on the anesthesiology forum, since med students and residents often visit the anesthesiology forum too, and because some of the big questions that come up a lot on the anesthesiology forum are about finances, reimbursements, private practice, etc. A lot of people are worried about the future of medicine, but anesthesiologists seem to face unique challenges. Regardless the anesthesiology forum would gain a lot from your knowledge and experience! :)