Finally get to post my very own breakdown :D

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WakaFlaka

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been reading everyone's breakdowns and success stories and have just been sitting here wishing I was in your shoes. It's time. I took the DAT 2 weeks ago and since then I've been doing nothing but watching TV after getting home from work and school. :)

These are my scores:
Bio: 23
Orgo: 21
Gen Chem: 21
Reading: 18
Perceptual: 19
Quant: 21

Bio
I struggled with this section while studying because there was so much information. I didn't study too much physiology and lucked out by getting questions I reviewed just before the exam. Even then, this section wasn't too bad. The highest I scored in Bootcamp was a 23 and scored around 20 for the most part so you can say that I'm happy. I'd say Cliffs, Feralis, and Bootcamp are all you need. I went through a few questions in Destroyer and I'm sure it would've helped if I dedicated more time to Destroyer but if you are not aiming for a 30, I don't think it's necessary.

Orgo
I'm actually a bit disappointed because I did alot better on my practice tests. I thought the actual exam wasn't bad at all either. Nevertheless, Chad's, Bootcamp, Destroyer are a must. Also, in Chad's, he often mentions that some subjects are only on the MCAT but I got a question he said wouldn't be tested! So make sure you know your stuff! It's only a few topics that he mentions is not on the DAT might as well just do it.

Gen Chem
Same as orgo but I scored as expected. Pretty happy and straightforward. The test resembled Bootcamp and I used Chad's, Bootcamp, Destroyer.

Reading
I was really upset with this. I scored in the 20s during practice tests without any practice so I thought this was a given high score and neglected to practice. Now I regret it. Just do as many practices. I also had one hard passage that threw me off and I changed my methods and guessed alot which might've screwed me.

Perception
Pretty okay. Similar to Bootcamp. By this time, I was running out of energy and I think I could've done better so it's a bit regretful but I'm okay with the score nonetheless.

Quant
I didn't study for this. I did a few tests and was scoring in the 20s consistently so I just reviewed some formulas. I did skip a couple and just guessed because I knew it would take me long. There were a few topics I sucked at so I didn't even bother. I just made sure to get all the easy ones right.

All in all, I'm happy since my overall scores are 21AA and 22TS. However, I can't help but feel regretful about the reading score. Right now, I'm enjoying the post-exam relaxation. However, that 18 is bothering me so I'm tempted to pick up the books again. What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats, but not sure if this is even a breakdown. It basically says the resources you used