Few questions about the DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

helloboys

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just have two questions about the DAT.

1) Can I check the math calculator on the tutorial, to see if it has a lag or not? And if it has a strong lag, will they let me change computers?
2) Are the proctors close by? So if I need to change papers or what not, I just raise my hand and they come? And will they be walking around next to the computers most of the time to check if we are cheating? Because that would be really distracting if someone is going to be hovering over me.

Members don't see this ad.

I just have two questions about the DAT.

1) Can I check the math calculator on the tutorial, to see if it has a lag or not? And if it has a strong lag, will they let me change computers?
2) Are the proctors close by? So if I need to change papers or what not, I just raise my hand and they come? And will they be walking around next to the computers most of the time to check if we are cheating? Because that would be really distracting if someone is going to be hovering over me.
All testings centers vary, call them directly or I highly recommend the Prometric Test Drive.

Nancy

• Yes, I'm pretty sure you can check it in the tutorial, but I don't know if they will let you change the computer if it's really laggy.
  • The proctors were in a separate room, and they came around every 5 minutes to check around. Raise your hand and they will see you, either through the window or through the camera above you; they don't hover over you, they just walk past you behind you every so often. This was how my center was like, yours might be the same or completely different. Hope it helps.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Yes, I'm pretty sure you can check it in the tutorial, but I don't know if they will let you change the computer if it's really laggy.
  • The proctors were in a separate room, and they came around every 5 minutes to check around. Raise your hand and they will see you, either through the window or through the camera above you; they don't hover over you, they just walk past you behind you every so often. This was how my center was like, yours might be the same or completely different. Hope it helps.
Agree I know for a fact some centers are more lenient than others, some let you go to a desk and exchange your writing sheets. That is why it is important each student call their testing center....

During my tutorial the calculator didn't have a lag but when I was actually doing the math section there would be times where it took 2-3 seconds to go to the next question. I noticed that if I closed the calculator before I clicked next question there wasn't a lag. So just in case it does happen to you, try that out!

Reactions: 1 user