fellowship application/interview timeline?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Flopotomist

I love the Chicago USPS
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...I have applied for an HPM fellowship, it has been a few days, and no programs have even downloaded my application. Just wondering when programs start looking at the applications, and what the rough timeline for when interviews are offered. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

When I applied in December 2010 for fellowship starting July 2012, it was rolling admissions under variable and asynchronous application review and interview schedules among the programs. Very frustrating. I recall that programs downloading my application was not all that quick. Looking back at my email traffic, I started getting invitations at the very last week of December and then more in early January, and continued to trickle in, in some ways that was even more frustrating. I interviewed at 5 programs. I entertained offers from 3 programs, and finally accepted an offer in mid-April.
I blogged about the Matchless process on Pallimed:
http://www.pallimed.org/2011/08/fellowship-quest-with-no-match-or-o.html

Last edited:
Thank you for the response! I was a bit panicky as no program has even downloaded my application yet!

Members don't see this ad :)
Lots of programs don't use ERAS/Match system. You'll have much better luck contacting the program directly. I just emailed all the programs I was interested in. They sent back applications for me to fill out and send back. Received interviews at most hospitals I applied to within 2-3 weeks.

The majority of programs use ERAS. Some do not. It helps to contact them and do whatever they suggest.

Almost all programs participate in ERAS. The specialty has not yet decided to participate in NRMP (the Match), so all choose their own timelines. Most have rolling applications, but a few have strict deadlines. Just contact the program director if you are worried. Most in the field of HPM are super nice.