FASFA for 2017-2018 year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

charlottematie

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I fill out my FASFA for 2017-2018 year you can only pick 10 schools so does that mean if I ended up going to a medical school I didn't put on my FASFA I would not get any aid? Anyone know about this? (I will be starting med school August 2017)

Members don't see this ad.

When I fill out my FASFA for 2017-2018 year you can only pick 10 schools so does that mean if I ended up going to a medical school I didn't put on my FASFA I would not get any aid? Anyone know about this? (I will be starting med school August 2017)
Fill out your FAFSA with 10 schools. Wait for them to send you a "SAR" (student aid report). When you get the SAR, it means those 10 schools have received your FAFSA. Then log back in to the FAFSA, replace those schools with the additional schools you are applying to, and they will now get the FAFSA information.
https://fafsa.ed.gov/help/fotwfaq14.htm

Reactions: 2 users
Do you add all schools you applied to/still have a chance at? Or is it better to add schools if/when you hear back?

Members don't see this ad :)
I've done it for all schools I've interviewed at instead of all that I've applied to. I figure once I get an II from the others, that'll give me plenty of time to submit the FAFSA for that school without submitting unnecessary paperwork.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile