Famu Pharmacy (class of 2021)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Marley19

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey does anyone already started the application process ,I'm stuck in a couple of things. I have called the school admission at least a thousand times. Where can I find the evaluation form ???

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you I already did that and nothing came out !!!

The evaluation forms are not visible to the applicant, after you submit the information for your "recommenders" the school will email them the evaluation form so that they can fill it out as well as upload the letter of recommendation on their own.

does anyone know when they will actually look at apps and issue interviews?

Well I called them last week and they said that the deadline is February, 1 and after that date the advisor will be reviewing applications.

so i called admissions on friday. they said they had a LOT of applications and they are going to start letting ppl know of interviews late march/early april

The suspense is killing me. I am a transfer student and I haven't heard anything back yet. Whenever someone gets an interview, please post it on the blog.

Reactions: 1 users
I just received an invitation for an interview today, via the pharmacy school application to schedule my interview!!! I'm so excited. I didn't receive a letter, call, or email.

Reactions: 1 user
I did also!! I just checked the website also! I was invited for an interview. Which date did you guys choose?

I did also!! I just checked the website also! I was invited for an interview. Which date did you guys choose?
Congrats! I just saw it about an hour ago. I'm at work right now, so I haven't selected a date but the earliest date that I saw was March 15th.

I just received an invitation for an interview today, via the pharmacy school application to schedule my interview!!! I'm so excited. I didn't receive a letter, call, or email.

are you guys a transfer student or a pre pharm?

Members don't see this ad :)
are you guys transfer students or pre pharms?

Congrats guys! I received my interview invitation today and I'm a transfer student. Which campus did you guys apply to?

Has anyone selected an interview date yet? I don't see any dates available in April, only in March.

Where are you guys seeing this ? When I go to the status of my app it still says application submitted green and the notariaze completion part is red

Where are you guys seeing this ? When I go to the status of my app it still says application submitted green and the notariaze completion part is red
I received an email. If you log into your pharmacy application, which you can get to using this link, https://amppharmacy.famu.edu, click on the tab "interview" and it should let you know if you received an invitation for an interview. I hope this helps!

are you guys a transfer student or a pre pharm?
I am a transfer student. I am an alumni of Famu. I received my bachelors degree from Famu. I graduate with my master's in public health epidemiology on April 29th, 2017. If you get the interview your pretty much guaranteed to get in, unless you just say something crazy. By the way I scheduled my interview for Next Friday at 2pm, since I have to drive 4 hours from Tampa to get there....

I am a transfer student. I am an alumni of Famu. I received my bachelors degree from Famu. I graduate with my master's in public health epidemiology on April 29th, 2017. If you get the interview your pretty much guaranteed to get in, unless you just say something crazy. By the way I scheduled my interview for Next Friday at 2pm, since I have to drive 4 hours from Tampa to get there....
My gpa is 3.1 undergraduate and 3.8 graduate

My interview is the Friday after that. Good luck! Let us know how you do.

is anybody going to jump in and tell these kids either
1. wrong forum
2. This is one of the two worst schools in the country based on NAPLEX pass rate?

oh wait, I will....

I had to change my date to March 20th, because there was some kind of glitch in the system. Is anyone interviewing before that date?

I had to change my date to March 20th, because there was some kind of glitch in the system. Is anyone interviewing before that date?
How did you change it on the email it says that you cant...

I chose that date too lol I can't wait to get this over with!
Me too. I'm pretty nervous about it. Does anybody know where the interview will be held? I figured they would send me an email after I set up the interview that told me what building it was in or a room number, but I haven't received anything.

How did you change it on the email it says that you cant...

They called me and said me and someone else had the same interview slot, and that I would need to reschedule it. When I went back in and checked my interview time, I had to reschedule it. It worked out better that way, because now I will have more time to prepare.

Me too. I'm pretty nervous about it. Does anybody know where the interview will be held? I figured they would send me an email after I set up the interview that told me what building it was in or a room number, but I haven't received anything.
1415 S. Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd. Tallahassee, Florida 32307
Its on the 3rd floor. Once you get off the elevators, go to your right and enter through the double doors. Let the person know at the front desk that you are there for an interview, and they will show you where the waiting room is.

Reactions: 2 users
You can call them also....850-599-3000 press 0, and ask for the pharmacy department

bless your heart
Lol! Now on a serious note:
1. Meh. Leave that be. People who make threads for the first time don't know what they are doing.
2. FAMU's NAPLEX pass rates are normally in the 80 percentile. Mind you, they did change the Naplex this year and, more or less, all of the school's pass rates dropped. Now if FAMU didn't do what they had did this school year (which put them in this predicament in the first place) they would probably have a low 80% - high 70% pass rate. These people plus myself knowing this fact, are still applying to this school. Of course hopefully some soul that are going to be interviewed there, if they value their education, can ask/call them out about the low pass rates and how are they going to fix that mess. So a school isn't necessarily horrible because they have a low pass rate this year. Now if this tread keeps happening after the fact, THEN I would seriously tell people to run for the hills.

Last edited:
Florida A&M is my number one choice, I'm not sure why some people are being so negative. If you researched the school, and you don't like it, don't apply.

Reactions: 4 users