family practise job where i work - j1 waiver potential

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello
I want to pursue a Fm residency on j1
My questions are "general"

Is it true that is very likely to find j1 waiver in FM ?
Do you consider that there is no discrimination in working environment and Salary being on J1 waiver?
I am Mexican so, do you think that being spanish speaker could help finding such a job because of the population and demand?
Do you know any place to apply for residency where I can take advantage of those facts?
Thank you in advance and I wish the best for you and your career.

Hi Oziel,
Yes, its very likely to find j1 waiver jobs
I don't think theres discrimination in working env or salary for j1 - you *might* get it from pts but that too unlikely - if they don't like you, they wont come to you. But that's the clinics problem, not yours. Usually underserved populations have a hige shortage so this is usually not a problem
Yes Spanish speaker will always be in demand
Actually any FM residency... The one in Toledo, OH closed down just a few months ago unfrotnately. Apply wide. I think at any program, the program will be happy to have you for residency.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Oziel,
Yes, its very likely to find j1 waiver jobs
I don't think theres discrimination in working env or salary for j1 - you *might* get it from pts but that too unlikely - if they don't like you, they wont come to you. But that's the clinics problem, not yours. Usually underserved populations have a hige shortage so this is usually not a problem
Yes Spanish speaker will always be in demand
Actually any FM residency... The one in Toledo, OH closed down just a few months ago unfrotnately. Apply wide. I think at any program, the program will be happy to have you for residency.

Thank you a lot for your input, sorry but I missed to check this thread , I have passed both step1(223) step2ck(234), 2014 graduate, my goal is to participate for the next match, unfortunately I don have USCE, I am trying to apply to Jackson Memorial Hops in Miami as observer but this cost 1000 a month and take CS, do you have any recomendation for this purpose, I want to apply broadly and use my spanish as a tool as possible. Regarding the j1 waiver do you think is also very likely for IM? What about specialties?
Sorry for the late reply and Thank you once again. :)

with this type of spelling, no wonder people look down at FM. But @doctor-mom had a great point about being likable. So what do you think works in terms of likability?