Family Medicine Board Review resources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reshamu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Other than ITE exams, AAFP questions, UWorld, are there any other resources anyone would recommend?

Members don't see this ad.

Who studies for their first Board exam? Didn't you learn anything in residency...? :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 user
The AAFP has a nice lecture series that seems to point out a lot of the high yield questions.

Everyone says to go through old in-training questions, which I've done. And the lecture series lines up nicely with old questions.

Q-Bank wise, I've looked at a couple, and the most impressive was Board Vitals. They post a pass rate. They give a score correlation to what you need to answer on their questions to pass the real test. The questions actually seem hard compared to a few of the others seemed TOO easy.

Members don't see this ad :)
There is a phone app (iphone/android) called ABFM Exam Prep that I liked. It put all of the AAFP questions with explanations in app form. It is nice while you are on the go and not around your computer. Provides quick 10 question tests.

Anybody else feel like the test was pretty random and a little bit nerve-wracking? I rocked all three of my ITEs and barely studied for step 3 but I left ABFM boards feeling a bit uneasy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody else feel like the test was pretty random and a little bit nerve-wracking? I rocked all three of my ITEs and barely studied for step 3 but I left ABFM boards feeling a bit uneasy

Yeah, but 98.9% first time pass rate for US grads in 2016...supposed to be better this year with the new format. I have a hard time beryllium you could fall into that 1.1% if you've been above avg for 3 ITE exams.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-04-22-14-34-51.png
    Screenshot_2017-04-22-14-34-51.png
    227.5 KB · Views: 89
️️️️️️ thanks just feeling a little neurotic. Far above. The Bayesian score predictor gave me a less than 0.4% chance of NOT passing. Lol

Six weeks or so is what I'm told.

I reviewed all 3 ITE's I took.
I think there is dome degree of diminishing returns as you go further back as things continue to change, and my group would find incorrect/outdated answers and become confused.

I used Board Vitals as a Q Bank.

I used the AAFP video review, which I thought was excellent.

I guess we'll see how it went in a few more weeks.

No kidding! I saw mid-July and about DIED. This was the day after I got the "welcome to full AAFP membership" letter and now I don't know what that meant.

BOARD CERTIFIED BABY!!!!! Thank you all for your support this past twelve years--I joined SDN in 2005 as a PA contemplating going back to med school. I talked myself out of it for another five years then bit the bullet. Now here we are in 2017 and I am truly humbled and blessed to be one of y'all.

Reactions: 4 users